Thread: Post traumatic hair cut support thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    APL/HIP/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Post traumatic hair cut support thread

We have all been there or at least read the vent threads. We go in for a dusting and end up getting chopped! I thought we could use a thread to vent and get support and even our quest to regrow the length we lost.

Two days ago I went in for a dusting and left with at least an inch less hair 😥 the girl was new I could tell but even students should be able to handle a dusting. I could tell just by the time she took it was too much. Then the manager came over to check it and lectured me about coming in for keratin treatments or getting layers in my hair. She was truly a bitch and didn't ask me anything about my hair history or goals. The girl that cut it was nice enough even though she took too much off, but the manager was such a bitch to me.

Anyway I came home extremely upset over losing at least an inch maybe more of hair after growing for 7 months. After a mini meltdown I decided to come up with a game plan to grow it back as fast as possible. Normally I just stick to my care routine, healthy diet, put it up and forget it, but I'm on a mission.

Recently I started taking biosil and I noticed a difference in my skin, nails and hair which see fuller, stronger and the strands actually feel thicker. I also bought another bottle of my hair, skin and nails which main ingredients are MSM, copper and zinc.
    So here is my plan...

-I'm doing the inversion method every month using castor oil mixed with rosemary hair oil and a little emu and EOs.
    -I'm trying biotin or upping it rather. Currently I take 600mcg I'm upping it to 2500 for a week and as long as I don't have any breakouts I'll up it to 5000 mcg
    -I added vitamin E as well
    I also drink bamboo tea daily.

Hopefully I can get some serious growth in a month!

Maintenance trims to grow back thickness

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Post traumatic hair cut support thread

I'm sorry this happened to you Why did the manager lecture you about keratin treatments and layers??

Length
    APL/HIP/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I don't know I guess because she couldn't understand why I would want my hair all one length? I told her I was growing it out and I assumed she wanted me to come in for treatments to spend more money. And I insisted on a dry cut because really I just wanted it dusted which should have realistically taken 3 minutes and she had a snarky remark about that. Meanwhile her hair looked pretty bad and she had hideous brassy highlights.

Growing back to TBL! &:D LongCurlyTress's Avatar
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Hi Hon,
    Please don't be too upset about this. We have all been devastated by a stylist cutting too much or a wicked layering or thinning chop into our hair thinking they know what is best for us. Glad you didn't get layers or bangs!! Anyways, your inch will grow back in about two quick months so the time will fly and your hair will be back to its original length. Maybe learn how to trim your hair yourself? Many of us on LHC use Faye's Trimming Method, dusting, benign neglect or the Creaclip. There are plenty of self hair-cutting youtube videos out there and most work great and get the job done. Best of luck and try not to let this get you down. I do like your growing gameplan! Please report in and comment how it is working for you.

July, 2016 @ 37inches TBL

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LongCurlyTress View Post
    Hi Hon,
    Please don't be too upset about this. We have all been devastated by a stylist cutting too much or a wicked layering or thinning chop into our hair thinking they know what is best for us. Glad you didn't get layers or bangs!! Anyways, your inch will grow back in about two quick months so the time will fly and your hair will be back to its original length. Maybe learn how to trim your hair yourself? Many of us on LHC use Faye's Trimming Method, dusting, benign neglect or the Creaclip. There are plenty of self hair-cutting youtube videos out there and most work great and get the job done. Best of luck and try not to let this get you down. I do like your growing gameplan! Please report in and comment how it is working for you.
    Great advice. Yes we've all been there but your plan of action is an excellent one. The sulphur in MSM and biosil will definitely help. Once inch will grow back in no time AND you will be more encouraged than ever to get it back how you like it.

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

No worries you will get it back in a month, I'm glad they didn't chop more than that! Some of them will take off six inches because they think they know better!
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    13/31/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Definitely agreeing with what others are saying. It's terrible that too much was taken off, but if there was ever a right amount of "too much" an inch would be it. At least it wasn't any more than that, so it won't take nearly so long to get that length back as say, cutting off five inches.
    SL-APL-BSL-WL-[HS]-TBL-Cl-KL
    Lady Sihaya, Sorceress of the Magical Isles in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16/apl/tbl
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Sorry about the lecture, and the extra length! I'm all for getting this thread up and running too, so thanks for that! In a few months I plan on having my first trim since starting to grow it out in August, and I'm already sweating it. I'm almost at mini bun length and want to wear a Jeter fork for Christmas.
    The mighty oak was once just a little nut that stood its ground.

Joined the 2016 no trim challenge!

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

An inch? You will get it back sooner than you notice it missing! Don't be sad, I'm sure the ends feel very fresh right now. Next time, say specific measurements, like half an inch, two inches and bring a ruler and show the stylist on your hair. Or as other people have said, trim your own hair. I have done that for many years, I actually thought about going to a real stylist but as a student money is tight and trimming my own hair is free. A tip though, use real hair scissors to make a clean cut because dull scissors breed damage.
    I can understand you are upset though, when I was a child I always told them to cut off what was damaged and ended up with much shorter hair than I wanted to, say from BSL+ to APL. Every single time. This is why I advise you to use clear measurements.

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I have Hubby dust or trim my hair. He uses a CreaClip and says it's the best thing he's ever bought for my hair. I haven't been to a salon in ages.
    Lady Malene of the Misty Memories of Yore, Shieldmaiden in the Order of Long Haired Knights