Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brush cut my hair badly :(

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Brush cut my hair badly :(

I want to cry!!!

In 2012 I've stopped using hair brush in attempt to get my hair as thick as possible. To the full potential so to say. I got a nice wide tooth wooden brush and loved it. I've started right away to see that i lost less hair everytime i combed my hair and noticed my braid getting slightly thicker, especially at the top of the head. I was happy. In the begining of march this year I went to a professional hairdresser store with my sister ( she study to be a hairdresser). I saw there a nice and wide brush Paddle Silk Professional 500. Yup it is sold only for professionals as i understood, so something clicked in my head and I asked my sister to buy it for me.

To be honest i first liked the brush. It didn't take me half an hour to go through, my hair was so perfectly untagled, untill 2 weeks ago I wash my hair and this is what i see.... My hair is full of this short hairs! Short hairs are all over my head, they are up to 15cm long and shorter...I didn't have those before getting the damn brush!!! I want to cry so badly. Why oh why i went back to brushing It was breaking my hair for 3 month without me knowing. You know when you are combing your hair you can feel when the comb finds the knot, but the brush just goes through

So back to my beloved wooden comb, but for now i need to live with this! btw. i intentionally made all the short hairs stand up so can see what is going on there...

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Brush cut my hair badly :(

Do take a look at the tips of those short hairs. It's possible that you're noticing a hair growth spurt and the baby hairs are getting long enough to really show up. If that's the case, expect them to have tapering tips.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Didn't you post something in the past about having hair shed out from low thyroid (or something)? If I am remembering correctly, then this is the regrow. Congratulations!

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    Do take a look at the tips of those short hairs. It's possible that you're noticing a hair growth spurt and the baby hairs are getting long enough to really show up. If that's the case, expect them to have tapering tips.
    I hope you are right.... but i am so damn afread to use the brush again, Can the spurt of grow be this much, all over the head and so suddenly ? My hair grow fast, but i don't think that this fast! I will check how the tips look...

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Didn't you post something in the past about having hair shed out from low thyroid (or something)? If I am remembering correctly, then this is the regrow. Congratulations!
    Nope wasn't me. I do sometimes loose hair if i do not get enough of calcium or / and if loosing weight . Hmm i did lost 10 kg last fall.... hmmm...

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Ok, from the fast look some do have the tapering point and some don't. Hard to look all the whole hair that way. Ok it is little less "crying feeling" now that i see some of it is a regroth as well!

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

The other, less pleasant thing to check is this: Do the hairs (at least the broken ones) all go back to about the point where you secure your hair for a ponytail, bun, etc.? I tend to get breakage at that point if I'm not careful, but it's from hairties rather than from brushing.

Basically, I doubt it's the brush. If there are no sharp edges and you don't feel/hear hairs breaking or getting caught, it's hard to see that it's damaging.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Wittingly Unpronounceable fišrildi's Avatar
    Length
    26"/40"/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I have a similar problem, so I understand your frustration! I used to love my wooden wide tooth comb, and I used to think that it was gentle with my hair... but I was wrong! I switched to tangle teezer, maybe you should give it a try. Your short new hairs will grow, and you'll have a thicker mane. In the meantime, patience!

Lady Anairė of the Bow and Arrow, Wizardess of the Tundra Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • Classic

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

It just when i noticed this shorter hairs, i checked my brush and it had lots of short hairs in it, not a single whole lenght one. And on my ponytail is much lover than the broken hair . The thing is, that i think i heard the breacage, but.. i have no idea what happend in march - i kinda didn't care ? I had lots of work, long days and i just brush it fast and out you go with not caring much what the bursh does. And when i first used this brush it felt very scratchy on my scalp, but i didn't care.

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by fišrildi View Post
    I have a similar problem, so I understand your frustration! I used to love my wooden wide tooth comb, and I used to think that it was gentle with my hair... but I was wrong! I switched to tangle teezer, maybe you should give it a try. Your short new hairs will grow, and you'll have a thicker mane. In the meantime, patience!
    yeah, i've heard about the tangle teezer. My sister is coming to visit us next week and she said she will bring me to try hers as she doesn't like it. It just i always wanted and thicker hair, and then i go and do THIS to myself!!! Yeah patience, patience in waiting for it to grow back and patience it combing my hair!!!!!!!!!