Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NightBlooming Panacea opinion?

Banned
    Length
    SL/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Question NightBlooming Panacea opinion?

Hey everyone! I've really been considering getting some NightBlooming Panacea, but I'm not sure which blend would be right for me? I've heard a few different opinons, but I'd like to know which blend you use and if you've used any other blends and how they compare? Thanks guys!

Length
    Chin/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Re: NightBlooming Panacea opinion?

I own a 2 oz jar of the original formula that I got for my birthday this year, and a 2 oz sized jar of the winter blend that my fiancé got me for Christmas last year. I really like the winter blend a lot better than the original. I feel that it’s much more moisturizing and after using it for almost a year, my hair is in way better condition. Plus, it smells divine . I don’t really care for the smell of the original, though . I think the winter blend is a good thing to have year-round if you live in a climate with dry air like me. I know you live in a humid state, so maybe try a lighter blend like the summer one or the original?
    Last edited by Diamond.Eyes; November 24th, 2011 at 09:55 PM.
    Slowly creeping towards knee-length hair...

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I believe Nightshade said somewhere that the original was for dry hair, the summer blend is for fine hair, and the winter blend was just a protein free version of the original blend. Personally, the winter blend is my favorite. My ends are always super soft after I use it.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Banned
    Length
    SL/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond.Eyes View Post
    I own a ½ oz jar of the original formula that I got for my birthday this year, and a 2 oz sized jar of the winter blend that my fiancé got me for Christmas last year. I really like the winter blend a lot better than the original. I feel that it’s much more moisturizing and after using it for almost a year, my hair is in way better condition. Plus, it smells divine . I don’t really care for the smell of the original, though . I think the winter blend is a good thing to have year-round if you live in a climate with dry air like me. I know you live in a humid state, so maybe try a lighter blend like the summer one or the original?
    Maybe I will try the winter kind. I do live in a moist state...but the extra-moisture couldn't hurt . You wouldn't happen to know the ingredients for the original and winter mixes off-hand would you?

Banned
    Length
    SL/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by krissykins View Post
    I believe Nightshade said somewhere that the original was for dry hair, the summer blend is for fine hair, and the winter blend was just a protein free version of the original blend. Personally, the winter blend is my favorite. My ends are always super soft after I use it.
    Have you tried the summer blend?

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I have all three blends. The summer blend is nice, but I'm not too fond of the scent and it doesn't do anything magical for my hair. I use the original if I feel like I need some protein on my ends.

ETA: Oh, and I have the list of ingredients for you.

Winter Blend
    Ingredients: Certified Organic Shea Butter, Pure Refined Coconut Oil, Herbal infusion (Licorice Root, Coltsfoot Leaf, Yarrow, Willow, Pau díarco, Burdock Root, Mahonia, Calendula, Horsetail, Nettles), Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Aloe Gel, Vitamin B5, Evening Primrose, Neem, Macadamia Seed Oil, Essential Oils (Tea tree, Lemon tea tree, Lavender, Geranium, Rosemary), Rice extract, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Anisate, Vitamin C, Vitamin E).

Summer Blend
    Ingredients: Certified Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Herbal infusion of Horsetail, Rose Hips, Lemon, Red Raspberry, Thyme, Certified Organic Aloe Vera,unrefined coconut, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Certified Organic Jojoba Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Green Tea Extract, Certified Organic Sunflower Oil, Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Panthenol, Caprylic Acid, Glycine, Guar, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, and the Essential Oils of Frakensence, Myrrh, Lavender, Sweet Orange, Ylang Ylang, and Lime.

Original Blend
    Ingredients: Certified Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Herbal infusion of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis), Pure Refined Coconut Oil, African Wild Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid , and the Essential Oils of Frakensence, Myrrh, Sweet Orange, Ylang Ylang, and Limone.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    Chin/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Yep, they are on my jars !

Original
    Certified Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Herbal infusion of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis), Pure Refined Coconut Oil, African Wild Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid , and the Essential Oils of Frakensence, Myrrh, Sweet Orange, Ylang Ylang, and Limone.

Winter
    Certified Organic Shea Butter, Pure Refined Coconut Oil, Herbal infusion (Licorice Root, Coltsfoot Leaf, Yarrow, Willow, Pau díarco, Burdock Root, Mahonia, Calendula, Horsetail, Nettles), Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Aloe Gel, Vitamin B5, Evening Primrose, Neem, Macadamia Seed Oil, Essential Oils (Tea tree, Lemon tea tree, Lavender, Geranium, Rosemary), Rice extract, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Anisate, Vitamin C, Vitamin E).
    Last edited by Diamond.Eyes; November 24th, 2011 at 09:54 PM.
    Slowly creeping towards knee-length hair...

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

My hair eats oils and conditioners for breakfast. I've been wanting to try the winter blend, but I'm worried that I'll go through 2oz like air and then be sad because it's so expensive.

Any thoughts from those with thirsty hair like me.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Banned
    Length
    SL/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond.Eyes View Post
    Yep, they are on my jars !

Original
    Certified Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Herbal infusion of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis), Pure Refined Coconut Oil, African Wild Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid , and the Essential Oils of Frakensence, Myrrh, Sweet Orange, Ylang Ylang, and Limone.

Winter
    Certified Organic Shea Butter, Pure Refined Coconut Oil, Herbal infusion (Licorice Root, Coltsfoot Leaf, Yarrow, Willow, Pau díarco, Burdock Root, Mahonia, Calendula, Horsetail, Nettles), Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Aloe Gel, Vitamin B5, Evening Primrose, Neem, Macadamia Seed Oil, Essential Oils (Tea tree, Lemon tea tree, Lavender, Geranium, Rosemary), Rice extract, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Anisate, Vitamin C, Vitamin E).
    The winter ingredients sound a little more moisturizing than the original formula. And, I read that the summer blend smells like citrus, and I don't really care for the smell of citrus
    Didn't you say in another thred that you make your own hair salve too? What kinds of things do you put in that?

Length
    3 "/30.5"/30"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

I have the original and the Winter blend. I don't use the original that often because my hair doesn't like protein (I only use it when I think I need some protein), but the Winter blend is my Holy Grail product. Love this stuff, for deep treatments, and for daily end protection. Love love love. I'm getting it unscented next time though, not fond of how the smell turns out with my body chemistry.

Nightshade is pretty awesome, so if you have any questions you can message her here or on Etsy. I think she prefers Etsy for work stuff though.