Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The good thing with LHC being down..

Default The good thing with LHC being down..

Did anyone else besides myself obsess less over your hair the time LHC was down? I for one didnt measure my hair even once and I stopped obsessing in front of the mirror and I think my hair has grown so much during this time. But Im still happy to be back, I absolutely love this place!
    As the saying goes, it pays to be patient!

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I did stop measuring. Could never measure very accurately though. But since it's up today, yep, measuring again

Bought quite a few hairtoys though - even without enablement

Length
    ?/BSL/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I actually noticed quite the opposite kind of reaction in myself. I can't remember the last time before the period of time when LHC was down that I would have obsessed so completely over my hair! It was almost as bad as when I first joined and started paying more attention to the mop. I really missed reading others' journals and threads and their "obsessing". When LHC was down I couldn't get my hair fix from anywhere and spent the time I usually spent surfing the board in front of the mirror fluffing, stretching, combing, curling and in the end, moaning about my hair.

I'm positive that things will get back to normal now and I'll get back to my "wash and go" -routine and indifference when it comes to my hair.

The greatest battles are fought within oneself.
    - Unknown

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I neglected my hair while LHC was down. I guess I couldn't get motivated with out the inspirational hair pics. And I didn't have my hair journal to keep track of my hair habits. The result----twice as much shedding! I am now back on track!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

The only thing that changed for me is that I didn't try out any new styles or take hair photos, except for my progress pic. Other than that, I was treating my hair the way I've been treating it since I first found LHC.

Length
    25/28/36
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Since I'm a newbie anyways, and only joined LHC a few weeks before it went down, I found that I tried less new methods and styles than I probably would've had LHC been up. I also paid less attention to the progress that my few newly-instituted methods created. Nor did I measure.

Certainly, I'm grateful to be back!

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

OT: Girlcat, your hair looks amazing!!! Great progress. I'm so happy for you.
    1b F ii/iii
    92cm/36.2"

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

I was less obsessed, I think. But I really missed it at the beginnign, because I had a lot of trouble with split ends...
    Feels good that it's up again, but maybe it was also good, that it was down for a while!
    At true tailbone!

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default My hair got worse

I was more obsessed but mostly because my ends inexplicably started getting really dry and crunchy and I couldn't ask for advice from you helpful LHCrs. I started obsessing about what to do about it and ended up buying a bunch of products that didn't work.

Length
    Short/35/Long
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Yep, alot less obsessing for me too.

No measuring, no oiling (I know this is probably not a good thing), no buying any new hair products, although I did partake during the keytlo sale, no constantly looking for dry ends or splits, etc.

I've missed LHC, but having the break helped me to reassess how much time I did actually spend obsessing, so hopefully now I'll be able pace it a bit better.......or not???
    We'll see.

Michelle
    Last edited by chelles2kids; March 8th, 2008 at 05:45 PM.