Page 981 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 481881931971979980981982983991103110811481 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,810 of 16322

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    bob/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

My January cut is not growing out that great. I kind of hate it but I'm powering through. I feel like I'll be at SL forever.
    Long hair until Henna disaster April 2014.... Big Chop April 2015 to cut it out. Growing my natural color long! My blog

Length
    13/31/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Ladies (and gentlemen), I think I'll be graduating from this thread in the next month!

Look at that growth from March to now!

SL-APL-BSL-WL-[HS]-TBL-Cl-KL
    Lady Sihaya, Sorceress of the Magical Isles in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I'm Not Back! ;)
    Length
    18/18/28
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Holy moly, irodaryne! That's a lot of growth for 5-6 months. Congrats, you will definitely be out of here in a month give or take some change.
    Longhair in the making. I've got a bit of a ways to go but it's only a matter of time. 2nd try.

Length
    13/31/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by HairPlease View Post
    Holy moly, irodaryne! That's a lot of growth for 5-6 months. Congrats, you will definitely be out of here in a month give or take some change.
    My only complaint is I still can't seem to get a stable updo with a hairstick. (I also need to re-measure my hair thickness because it is not at ii, it's probably more ii/iii). I can get a pencil bun to stay alright if I'm not moving, but if I'm at work? About 15 minutes and then my hair explodes. And the secrets of a french and peacock twist mystify me. I just can't get those to stay.

(Maybe once I get more towards BSL I can do disc buns)
    Lady Sihaya, Sorceress of the Magical Isles in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/CBL/CL
    Type
    1c/M/i/ii

Hello, I think I belong here *waves* I'm a long time lurker, and have just been brave enough to get an account, since my hair was very short when I started this (been growing out a pixie using all of the tips on here!) It's just reached collarbone length, and is the longest it's been in years! You all have such beautiful hair! I've just begun to be able to put my hair up with hairsticks, though only if its been plaited- seems to give the stick more to anchor into.

Okay I'm calling it and graduating this thread

It looks like I am just squeaking over the finish line when curly and unstretched.

Wet:

Dry:

Good luck everyone!!

ETA: bonus pic of me in June

Last edited by triumphator!; August 31st, 2016 at 09:02 AM.

I'm Not Back! ;)
    Length
    18/18/28
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by irodaryne View Post
    My only complaint is I still can't seem to get a stable updo with a hairstick. (I also need to re-measure my hair thickness because it is not at ii, it's probably more ii/iii). I can get a pencil bun to stay alright if I'm not moving, but if I'm at work? About 15 minutes and then my hair explodes. And the secrets of a french and peacock twist mystify me. I just can't get those to stay.

(Maybe once I get more towards BSL I can do disc buns)
    Eh, even when I was at MBL I couldn't get a stick to hold it up. French twists just fell out the moment I moved my head. Hey, I just noticed while typing this, we have almost the same exact hair type. No wonder.
    I measured at exactly 4" ponytail circumference. I'm more of a braider than a bunner or twister anyway, so I'm not missing out on much.

Congratulations, triumphator! It look great!

Welcome, Artemecia!
    Longhair in the making. I've got a bit of a ways to go but it's only a matter of time. 2nd try.

Length
    13/31/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

[QUOTE=HairPlease;3289823]Eh, even when I was at MBL I couldn't get a stick to hold it up. French twists just fell out the moment I moved my head. Hey, I just noticed while typing this, we have almost the same exact hair type. No wonder.
    I measured at exactly 4" ponytail circumference. I'm more of a braider than a bunner or twister anyway, so I'm not missing out on much.

Oh, that's awesome!

I mean... lately I've been sticking my hair in two side-braids which I like, but braiding it all behind my head tends to look... less than ideal (possibly because of thickness?????? I think because thickness. It tends to sit sideways or has bits exploding out and shredding really badly.)

I also just have a lot of pretty sticks and forks that I really want to use.

I'm Not Back! ;)
    Length
    18/18/28
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by irodaryne View Post
    Oh, that's awesome!

I mean... lately I've been sticking my hair in two side-braids which I like, but braiding it all behind my head tends to look... less than ideal (possibly because of thickness?????? I think because thickness. It tends to sit sideways or has bits exploding out and shredding really badly.)

I also just have a lot of pretty sticks and forks that I really want to use.
    This is how mine looks. I've been practicing a bunch but it's still a mess. I don't care too much though - it's out of the way for work which is all that matters to me.

Length
    13/31/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by HairPlease View Post
    This is how mine looks. I've been practicing a bunch but it's still a mess. I don't care too much though - it's out of the way for work which is all that matters to me.

I think part of my problem is that I didn't actually learn how to make a braid on the back of my head until I started growing out a pixie, and it's only just getting to the point where I'll need to be moving my braid over my shoulder to continue braiding (but right now I just give it a longer tassel because of the length and thickness). Also the need for more practice. Definitely a need for more practice. I may start making a french braid for bed, instead of my sidebraids. This way if it looks awful who cares, I'll just be sleeping on it.