Page 930 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 43083088092092892993093193294098010301430 ... LastLast
Results 9,291 to 9,300 of 16322

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammasaurusrex View Post
    Amenahh, Im in the same boat. I hate the length of my hair and the style/cut but after the oiling and henna and only washing twice a week, the thickness and health of my hair is so nice. I only hope that once I gain some length the thickness sticks around. Im just so bummed with the stage Im at. I feel like my hair will never grow and never looks like it gained much length. i hate it being long in the back and weird collar bone flip up in the front. It never looks normal!
    Haha we're hair twins. Yours sounds just like mine except mine is short in the back, flips on the side and is long enough in the front so it doesn't flip often.
    I know what you mean about not feeling that it's gaining length, i blame the flipness. We'll get through it.
    My plan is to not trim until january and then i will take 1 cm from the front to make it more even. What's your hair plan?

Length
    Chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vpatt View Post
    You might like the Gibson Tuck. Check out Arctics up do instructions, too.
    I shall do that, thanks!! I think I'm going to start wearing it up every other day, and probably every weekend.

Length
    Chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Kiiruna - Congrats! Did it sneak up on you? I hope that happens to me. It feels like a mile away right now.

Length
    Pixie/Chin/BSL
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    Usually if you CO, you do it with non cone conditioners. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule. I used to CO and every now and then I do it when I feel my hair is getting dried out. Im kind of torn on it really. If you decide to go Cone free make sure you wash your hair with a sulfate/non cone shampoo to get the cones out first. Then do your CO. Conditioners I have used and like for CO are the Suave naturals like Suave coconut, some kind of berry, and VO5 kiwi lime squeeze. That one feels VERY cleansing, I usually feel like I need another conditioner for the ends after that. I have not ever been able to straight CO for weeks at a time, I usually wash with a non cone shampoo maybe once a week and CO the rest. Sometimes CO used to make my scalp feel itchy so I would do an ACV rinse along with it. I cant mix oil and CO. I have to use a shampoo but other people were able to. My hair was pretty moisturized but I felt the scalp would get greasy faster. Also I have this paranoid fear that it increased shedding. There is some debate on that. I think I just enjoy washing my hair/scalp too much.

Currently Im trying to stretch my washes and Im doing the WCC method. Wash condition condition. I like it, and I have gone back to cones. With my length of hair I can only go about 5 days so far before I need a wash. I hope some of this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrai View Post
    I've done CO-wash only on & off over the years. I like it because it gets my scalp clean without drying out my hair. The down side is that it's rather time consuming (at least for me) & I need to wash my hair every to every other day when I'm CO-washing vs being able to stretch to three or four days (or more) if I'm using shampoo. (& I am totally lazy about showering. I do bathe otherwise, but when I shower is almost completely dependent on my hair.) If you're finding you're getting greasy easily, then yeah, the cones probably weren't helping at all. You want your cleansing conditioner generally to be a lightweight cone-free one. Personally, I really prefer VO5 for CO-washing though currently I have a jug of Cure Care conditioner from Sally Beauty & that works just as well. As far as oiling goes, I actually find that CO-washing is better at getting oil out. If I'm going to do a heavy oiling, I'll slap my conditioner on while my hair is still dry before my shower & let it sit under a shower cap for five or ten minutes, then massage really well in the shower & rinse that generally does the job for me.
    So I got neutragena clarifying shampoo and got two cone free conditioners....mop top and shea moisture. I did the clarifying and used shea moisture yesterday. I didn't "wash" again today, just brushed it out, put it up in a braid. It felt a little dry (probably the clarifying shampoo with SLS), so I diluted some of the shea moisture and put it on my ends, felt great and smells great! The diluted shea moisture also helped with the frizz. We'll see how it goes over the next week or few weeks
    Pixie -- Chin -- SL (~16") -- CBL (19") -- APL (25") -- BSL (28")

Length
    chin/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiruna View Post
    I think I actually made it. Did the towel test this morning, and my ends reached the towel. Weird.
    Congratulations!
    Lady Vallena, Duchess of The Land Of Passion Flowers in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Chin - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip -Tailbone - Classic

Length
    CBL/CBL/???
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

There it is! Thanks, Vallena and sweetaj - apl definitely didn't sneak up to me, I was feeling a bit (a lot) desperate already... still don't believe it
    CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiruna View Post

There it is! Thanks, Vallena and sweetaj - apl definitely didn't sneak up to me, I was feeling a bit (a lot) desperate already... still don't believe it
    Very pretty, congrats!
    While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. ~~~ 30" 01/01/18~~~34" 01/01/2019~~~37" 01/01/2020

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I've mananged to do a very messy french braid (kind of!) today!! I'm so excited.
    My layers are too short, so I needed clips to hold my hair, and there isn't much left in the 'tail', but it's going uphill from here!!
    Neck / SL / APL / BSL / WL+ / HL / BCL / TBL!
    Dye-free since Dec 2018.
    2021 plan: grow & trim - get rid of layers & reach hip-BCL.

Length
    Pixie/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Today, I was able to secure my hair in a peacock twist with just a few bobby pins for the bottom! I am so happy!! I vastly prefer my ends not poking straight back for me to feel, play with, and otherwise manipulate.

Another inch and I may be able to forgo the bobby pins!
    Pixie-Bob-Shoulder-CBL-APL-BSL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL 2019!

Lady Hester, Healer of the Platte and Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Pixie/Chin/BSL
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Amenahh View Post

I've mananged to do a very messy french braid (kind of!) today!! I'm so excited.
    My layers are too short, so I needed clips to hold my hair, and there isn't much left in the 'tail', but it's going uphill from here!!
    Your hair looks so shiny and healthy! I bet it's going to look so great growing out. Congrats on that milestone
    Pixie -- Chin -- SL (~16") -- CBL (19") -- APL (25") -- BSL (28")