Page 93 of 105 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR-lovers!

Length
    shldr/tbl?/ftl?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: LOTR-lovers!

Congratulations to both you and your boyfriend! I talked at least two friends into reading the books when I was in college. (Tried not to be too annoying about it, but hey, I'm obsessed!) I first read them when I was 12 or 13. Didn't understand everything, but absolutely LOVED them! Hope you enjoy reading.
    Lady Ambrella of the Jewel-Strewn Beaches in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    13/18/35
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine <3 View Post
    ... Hi everyone!
    Hi! Welcome aboard

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Omg THIS TOPIC

Length
    <1"/23"/Term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

This is the best topic ever. I love the ideas people have had. I usually just go with lace braids from my ears back held together with a brown ribbon or bit of rawhide, so the others seem very pretty.
    Lady Eraisuithiel, Joyful Daughter of the King

Shoulder - Armpit - Bra Strap - Mid-back - Waist - Hip - Tailbone - Classic

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine <3 View Post
    I'm kinda new to this...My boyfriend forced me to sit and watch LOTR (to be fair, I made him sit and watch Harry Potter lol) and now I'm working my way through The Fellowship of the ring for my first time. I usually stick with more modern novels, and I've had to google a few terms while reading so it's taking me awhile to read, but so far I am enjoying it! It's just different from what I'm used to Hi everyone!
    Welcome abord, Nadine! Don't worry about the language, in time maybe you'll find you like older novels just as well as newer ones.

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

See, I was a bit the reverse. As a life-long fan of Greek and Roman mythology who is now a Classics major partly because I loved the Odyssey so much, LOTR reminded me of the fun aspects of the old classics while being new and fresh in its own way.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    35/47/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I grew up reading Greek and Norse mythology and fairy tales in equal measure. Still love all of those, too. Tolkien was added to the mix when I was ten - Dad read The Hobbit aloud to my brother and I, then LotR when we begged for more. I read the Silmarillion a year or so after we finished and spent ages trying to get him to read it to us, too.

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Éowyn_GreyEyes View Post
    Oooooooh so pretty!!!! I would totally wear that just about anywhere... Hahaha
    Thanks. I actually wore it a few times besides the Hobbit premieres: this Halloween; at a piano concert; and on an evening out at a medieval restaurant. Last year, I went to the HobbitOG premiere after work, so I went to work all dressed up. I received a lot of compliments that day.

Length
    Chin/Waist/CL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Welcome aboard, Nadine! And don't worry about the language, I didn't understand it the greatest my first time through but after a while it grows on you.

Also, more Noldor boys and their pretty hair. Because I'm a hair perv. Maedhros with his long red hair and Celegorm with his fair hair here (how sickeningly perfect are those curls?).... yum!!!

Length
    29"/44"/max!
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Agreed. How do they manage to run around fighting in the wind and everything else and have their hair remain perfect? It must be an elf thing.

I just had an idea for elvish hair. Elves are elegant. I try to make the house look a bit like Lothlorien or Rivendell, and use fake ivy vines as tie backs on the curtains in my kitchen and dining room. Maybe a small ivy type vine wound around a long ponytail would look elvish during a LOTR movie.