Page 92 of 278 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Default Re: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    Hot, I know, right? I was talking with my husband this morning and I showed him the fork. Asked him "so how often do you think you are going to wear a bun? (Cause he let me play around with his hair last night).
    He says "uh, never. I mean, I can't. No just can't."
    I made Frowny-face.
    Then I was talking about maybe our 15 year old son would like the fork. Husband says "well maybe son will want to wear it."
    I said, "yeah don't you think girls will think it is hot, hair up like that?"
    Husband (thinks I'm talking about him now) says, "girls? What girls? I'm not trying to impress any girls!"
    I point at myself.
    He says "well, I already GOT you!"
    I say "humph! You think?!?"
    Haha. If you were my GF you could probably convince me to rock that. However, in reality GF is not a fan of my hair in a bun. Says I look like a librarian despite my beard.

Length
    ??/Waist/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Entangled View Post
    Yesterday my hair was down while I was at church before school. I was planning on putting it up after, but one of my friends came up behind me and started stroking it. Then she exclaimed "It's sooo pretty! It's like a river of gorgeousness!" and then proceeded to convince me in wearing it down (which I haven't done yet this year). It was really nice.

Lately people have seemed keener to touch my hair than usual. I'm wondering if it's because it's up more, so when it's down in a braid people notice it more? Anyways, my little brothers have been touching it a lot more and using it to blindfold or "gag" me. Fortunately all of them have the good sense to not attempt using it as a weapon against me and incur my wrath.
    Hahah my boyfriend does that all the time too. Very mature of him. And the rest of my family wears it as a wig or a moustache...I guess that means they like your hair a lot

Back to waist!
    Lady Faylinn of the Guarded Groves
    in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaLoan View Post
    Hahah my boyfriend does that all the time too. Very mature of him. And the rest of my family wears it as a wig or a moustache...I guess that means they like your hair a lot
    That's how I take it.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by David W View Post
    Haha. If you were my GF you could probably convince me to rock that. However, in reality GF is not a fan of my hair in a bun. Says I look like a librarian despite my beard.
    It's a tragedy!
    However, husband will let me do a bun on him at home, so I can at least catch an eyeful for a little bit (and he has an epic beard that gets "beard treatments" to boot). He just needs to grow more hair to do a proper bun anyway. Our 11 year old was braiding his hair last night and asking me if he was doing it right...

David, you have really handsome hair. I hope your GF loves it anyway you wear it LOL.

Not a fan of labels. missblueeyes's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

What is it with buns and librarians anyways? My boyfriend used to say that, too, when I started wearing buns.

David, I gotta agree with WD. Your hair looks awesome.
    Chin | APL | BSL | Waist | Hip | BCL | TBL

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

My family has been making these jokes about my mom for years, now my husband and son make them about me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Showerthoug...nitary_and_it/

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by David W View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by missblueeyes View Post
    What is it with buns and librarians anyways? My boyfriend used to say that, too, when I started wearing buns.
    It's a stereotype. We parodied the stereotype in the Tight Bunned Mean Ladies and Gents thread.

You can play along by replying "Keep quiet in the library!"
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Not really a conversation, but I did an SMT this morning and had a towel on my head and explained it to my dad, and later he referred to me as "she of the moisturized hair."
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    00/19/39
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

I was snipping some split ends today and my little sis who is 8 was combing the other
    Little sis: "you know you always say that your hair isn't nice or its this or that but its actually really nice."
    She also often tells me how soft it is /"how do you get your hair so soft" .

Length
    00/19/39
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SparkleToes View Post
    I was snipping some split ends today and my little sis who is 8 was combing the other
    Little sis: "you know you always say that your hair isn't nice or its this or that but its actually really nice."
    She also often tells me how soft it is /"how do you get your hair so soft" .
    she was brushing the other side of my hair