Page 91 of 277 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Default Re: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    I really want to brainwash my teen (or my husband, either way) into doing a man bun with his awesome lion locks.
    Man buns are one of those things that really get my attention. Even if the guy isn't the most attractive, he will be hotter with a man bun, in my opinion. Too bad my crush is losing his hair.

squirrels in my pants lillielil's Avatar
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

The little guy has strong opinions.

me: Your hair is getting long. Do you want to cut it?
    DS: NO!
    me: Ok, do you want it to keep growing?
    DS: NO!
    me: So you want it to stay exactly the way it is now but you don't want a haircut?
    DS: Yep.
    me: I don't think it works that way, but good luck.

We'll have the same conversation again when it covers his eyes. It all grows straight forward, so either he has to agree to letting me style it, or it stays short.
    Does the brain control you, or are you controlling the brain?

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    Man buns are one of those things that really get my attention. Even if the guy isn't the most attractive, he will be hotter with a man bun, in my opinion. Too bad my crush is losing his hair.
    Hot, I know, right? I was talking with my husband this morning and I showed him the fork. Asked him "so how often do you think you are going to wear a bun? (Cause he let me play around with his hair last night).
    He says "uh, never. I mean, I can't. No just can't."
    I made Frowny-face.
    Then I was talking about maybe our 15 year old son would like the fork. Husband says "well maybe son will want to wear it."
    I said, "yeah don't you think girls will think it is hot, hair up like that?"
    Husband (thinks I'm talking about him now) says, "girls? What girls? I'm not trying to impress any girls!"
    I point at myself.
    He says "well, I already GOT you!"
    I say "humph! You think?!?"
    Last edited by Wildcat Diva; October 6th, 2015 at 07:52 PM.

New growth is wild brickworld13's Avatar
    Length
    SHL/CL+/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I was at work last night and this happened.

Coworker: Brick, what have you done to get your hair to grow so fast?!!
    Brickworld: Uhhhh, what do you mean?
    Coworker: Well didn't you just cut a significant amount off of it?
    Brickworld: Well I did trim about 6-8 inches in May.
    Coworker: That's what I mean. It looks like it's all grown back already.
    Brickworld: Really?!!
    Coworker: Yeah. Yesterday when your braid fell over your shoulder I was shocked that it returned to that length so quickly.
    Brickworld: Hmm. Well it could be any number of things. I've been having a growth spurt from getting my metabolism working properly, I handle it gently, wash infrequently, brush carefully, and keep it up and out of the way most of the time.
    Coworker: Well, you should know your hair is awesome and that you take great care of it.
    Brickworld:

Same day actually and my braid flopped over my shoulder while I was helping a guest. She was awestruck and muttered a "wow, you're hair is so long and lovely!"
    The Harmonious Rachel, Songbird in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Complex creature

Quote Originally Posted by brickworld13 View Post
    I was at work last night and this happened.

Coworker: Brick, what have you done to get your hair to grow so fast?!!
    Brickworld: Uhhhh, what do you mean?
    Coworker: Well didn't you just cut a significant amount off of it?
    Brickworld: Well I did trim about 6-8 inches in May.
    Coworker: That's what I mean. It looks like it's all grown back already.
    Brickworld: Really?!!
    Coworker: Yeah. Yesterday when your braid fell over your shoulder I was shocked that it returned to that length so quickly.
    Brickworld: Hmm. Well it could be any number of things. I've been having a growth spurt from getting my metabolism working properly, I handle it gently, wash infrequently, brush carefully, and keep it up and out of the way most of the time.
    Coworker: Well, you should know your hair is awesome and that you take great care of it.
    Brickworld:

Same day actually and my braid flopped over my shoulder while I was helping a guest. She was awestruck and muttered a "wow, you're hair is so long and lovely!"
    Wow, this is lovely, Brickworld ! This coworker sounds like she really meant it !! So encouraging !

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I'm sporting a side fishtail braid today. DH got out of the shower and we were talking and he stops and peers (very suspiciously) at my braid with narrowed eyes and says "It's different."
    "Yes, it's a different kind of braid." He thinks about this.
    "It's weird."
    Thanks, dear. (He just doesn't like change...)
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Type
    2a/F/M/iii

I've had people comment on the length of my hair. Even when it was really short (but that's because I lost all of it when I went through chemotherapy). "Look at all that hair!" is one of the things that the receptionist at the hospital I go to says. I think my hair is even longer now than it was before I lost it all.
    When I wear my hair down, people seem to comment on it more - they don't realize it's length - as I had been putting it up during the spring and summer months. It's definitely nice to have people make nice comments on hair.

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Yesterday my hair was down while I was at church before school. I was planning on putting it up after, but one of my friends came up behind me and started stroking it. Then she exclaimed "It's sooo pretty! It's like a river of gorgeousness!" and then proceeded to convince me in wearing it down (which I haven't done yet this year). It was really nice.

Lately people have seemed keener to touch my hair than usual. I'm wondering if it's because it's up more, so when it's down in a braid people notice it more? Anyways, my little brothers have been touching it a lot more and using it to blindfold or "gag" me. Fortunately all of them have the good sense to not attempt using it as a weapon against me and incur my wrath.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

"I like how your hair smells when you don't wash it"

just here for the cheese
    Length
    BSL/HL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwings View Post
    I've had people comment on the length of my hair. Even when it was really short (but that's because I lost all of it when I went through chemotherapy). "Look at all that hair!" is one of the things that the receptionist at the hospital I go to says. I think my hair is even longer now than it was before I lost it all.
    When I wear my hair down, people seem to comment on it more - they don't realize it's length - as I had been putting it up during the spring and summer months. It's definitely nice to have people make nice comments on hair.
    This made my day. It must feel really amazing to have your hair back and better. Your hemline is gorgeous (in your avatar) by the way!
    With one religion, we cannot listen. With one color, we cannot see.
    With one culture, we cannot feel. Without you we can't even remember.