Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 418189909192 LastLast

Thread: Furnival's Workshop

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: Furnival's Workshop

Question about helixes: What types of buns do they work best with? Would they work with braided buns? They look absolutely stunning, I'm just not sure if I'd use them much.
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Elise, I just bought my first helix second hand. It's on the way. I had and still have the same thoughts. Looking around, I found this video by milday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjhgSXLkVRI

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Finda Thanks for the video! That bun looks epic. My hair is substantially thinner than Milady's, so I wonder if it will have the same sturdy effect. Once yours comes, if you try a braided bun, I would be very interested to hear your thoughts!
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by elise.autumn View Post
    Finda Thanks for the video! That bun looks epic. My hair is substantially thinner than Milady's, so I wonder if it will have the same sturdy effect. Once yours comes, if you try a braided bun, I would be very interested to hear your thoughts!
    I will give you an update

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Hmm, I'm not that into braided buns, because my hair compress a lot and I have this idea that braiding makes the situation even worse, but your question made me experiment a little and now I'm in love with how well my antler helix works in a braided cinnabun. A new favourite, absolutely.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

This is my newest find and first helix. I love it. It might become my main accessory to do an lwb with, it's that stable, like a giant scroo/spinpin.
    And because you screw it in it doesn't look as massive as I had initially thought.
    Elise, I haven't tried a braided bun yet, my hair is not very cooperative today

Last edited by Finda; April 15th, 2021 at 02:15 PM. Reason: replaced screw with scroo

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Elise, a braided bun wasn't working for me. I got it to hold, but it looked a bit weird with the parts of the helix that were visible

ETA: maybe with more rounds it would be possible to hide it better, like with this cinnamon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXs3di4zWH4
    Last edited by Finda; April 16th, 2021 at 06:16 AM.

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Finda View Post
    Elise, a braided bun wasn't working for me. I got it to hold, but it looked a bit weird with the parts of the helix that were visible

ETA: maybe with more rounds it would be possible to hide it better, like with this cinnamon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXs3di4zWH4
    I think that has to do with what kind of helix you have. Yours seem to be chunky one? My antler is a slim one, so despite the fact that I don't have that much hair, only the ends and tip are visible in my braided bun, not the part that's going through the bun. I have a big chunky helix too, and I'm not gonna even try it for a braided bun, because I'm sure it would just swallow my bun completely.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Suortuva Yes, that sounds about right.

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I guess I'll have my helix within a week. It's been in Sweden some days already and today I received a letter about how to pay the custom and handling fees (urgh...) and I did it immediately.

Now it's a really long hair toy time out for me...