Page 89 of 278 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/45.7/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

I don't think anyone whto disapproved would have waisted their time staring at it... I'm going to guess he was completely stunned by the length of your hair, and didn't know what to say, but was maybe curious. Likely kicking himself for being tongue tied now..

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Well, I will never know. I found it creepy at the time, though. It was like he was stalking me or something...
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

"Your hair is really long"
    Me- Thanks I guess?
    "Oh no it's a good thing"

Length
    20/TBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

My manager suggested that one of my male co-workers had longer hair than me. Not likely, coworker has chin length braids, my hair is approaching midback. My buns are masters of disguise.

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Not so much a hair conversation - but an experience.

I was really creeped out. What would you all have done in my situation?
    Informed him he had 5 seconds to unblock the doorway before I tipped his scooter over. I mean, that is the first thing that came to mind.

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I was in town yesterday and decided to wear my hair loose. So I was walking along the sidewalk up to the jewellers' shop to pick up some jewellery I had had repaired. I walked past a couple of people and a man in a mobility scooter.
    He looked at me, I thought nothing of it and kept walking. I went into the shop and asked if my order was ready. The lady went out the back to check.

While she was there I noticed that the man on the scooter was sitting in the shop doorway staring at me. His scooter was blocking the entire doorway so that no one could get in or out. I thought at first he was waiting for someone in the shop but then realised I was the only customer. His staring made me uncomfortable so I looked away. The lady was quite a while out the back and the whole time this guy was just sitting and staring. So I paid for my jewellery and went to walk out of the store. He continued to stare at me even when I walked up to him and it was obvious I wanted to leave the store. I couldn't get out the door as his scooter was totally blocking the doorway. By this time I was really feeling unnerved...
    I said "Excuse me". He sat there and stared, saying nothing for several moments more, then said "I will back up", and did so - slightly, so I could leave. He continued his staring as I walked as fast as I could back to my car....

I don't understand why he would have stared like that, unless it was my hair....

Maybe he was in genuine awe of your hair. It is quite becoming. It sounds like he purposely blocked you in so he could have more time to stare. Yes it's a bit creepy but the guy sounds a bit slow but harmless.
    Long hair is eye catching to more than the people growing it.
    Just be flattered that someone was 'that' awestruck by your hair.

Practicing Patience veryhairyfairy's Avatar
    Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

That experience would have creeped me out, made me feel unsafe, and put me off wearing my hair down, Sarahlabyrinth!

It probably was admiration, but when you take it to that super inappropriate/bordering on confrontational (blocking her in) place it becomes very much unacceptable.

I would not 'just be flattered' if some man followed me, stared at me, and imposed himself on my freedom of movement, regardless of what he might have been staring at (hair, clothing, tattoos, etc) and how unusual that thing is.
    Formerly a Henna-Head, formerly FTL, formerly patient

just here for the cheese
    Length
    BSL/HL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Wore my hair in two braids for my bartending shift. Someone who had his tongue loosened by alcohol made a comment along the lines of my hair reigniting his elderly libido. That was a low point. After my shift I was with friends, one is a guy with a shaved head. He told me how he lives vicariously through other people's haircuts and how he was going to compliment my length but he supposed I didn't really do any work to have it other than not cutting it... I contemplated launching into a dialogue (more probably a monologue) regarding length retention but thought better of it.

Shoulders back, eye contact, commanding voice, "pardon me, sir". If he didn't give me enough room I'd ask for more. Polite assertiveness tends to get me far in regards to creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by hennalonghair View Post
    Just be flattered that someone was 'that' awestruck by your hair.
    Anyone else's b*llsh*t detector going off after this comment?

Should I also be flattered when someone stalks me? When someone impedes my movements? When someone harasses or assaults me? This comment is harmful and op would do herself a favor by ignoring it.
    Last edited by MsPharaohMoan; October 5th, 2015 at 07:43 AM.
    With one religion, we cannot listen. With one color, we cannot see.
    With one culture, we cannot feel. Without you we can't even remember.

Type
    1a/F/ii

I was in town yesterday and decided to wear my hair loose. So I was walking along the sidewalk up to the jewellers' shop to pick up some jewellery I had had repaired. I walked past a couple of people and a man in a mobility scooter.
    He looked at me, I thought nothing of it and kept walking. I went into the shop and asked if my order was ready. The lady went out the back to check.

While she was there I noticed that the man on the scooter was sitting in the shop doorway staring at me. His scooter was blocking the entire doorway so that no one could get in or out. I thought at first he was waiting for someone in the shop but then realised I was the only customer. His staring made me uncomfortable so I looked away. The lady was quite a while out the back and the whole time this guy was just sitting and staring. So I paid for my jewellery and went to walk out of the store. He continued to stare at me even when I walked up to him and it was obvious I wanted to leave the store. I couldn't get out the door as his scooter was totally blocking the doorway. By this time I was really feeling unnerved...
    I said "Excuse me". He sat there and stared, saying nothing for several moments more, then said "I will back up", and did so - slightly, so I could leave. He continued his staring as I walked as fast as I could back to my car....

I don't understand why he would have stared like that, unless it was my hair....

Honestly, I think I would have done the same thing you did, firmly ask him to move and then get the heck outta there.

It's possible that his inappropriate behavior was caused by a mental condition or disorder. Engaging him as little as possible was definitely the safest choice, in my opinion!

Type
    1a/F/i

One of my daughters has a new guy in her life. Lately we have been discussing our thoughts about him, and whatnot.

Eventually I asked her, "So, what does he think about me?"
    She said, "He says you have pretty hair."

We both thought it was really funny, because 'hair' is one of our favorite topics, but he doesn't know that.