Page 805 of 1496 FirstFirst ... 3057057557958038048058068078158559051305 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,050 of 14959

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Quote Originally Posted by oktobergoud View Post
    I might cut them short, I don't know. The last time I had blunt bangs I didn't really like them, but they were really round back then.. I need them to be more blunt! Today I took a picture with faked blunt bangs, I do like it It has a retro feel to it I guess.. (hopefully the pic will show up in my signature :P) The quality is crap.. but I love how I just look like one's grandmother from the past hehe
    *test test*
    Your bangs look great in that picture. The only downside is if you don't like them, you will have to grow them out to longer bangs.

(sorry to double post)
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

*hugs* That is awful But I do feel the same right now. Not crying but I do feel a bit awful about it.. IT TAKES FOREVER I now finally have a really short bob and it still took me 7 months after a big chop (and 9 months after I joined this board!).
    I have trimmed and chopped so much hair off in those 9 months, but it is STILL damaged. Even Aussie 3MM doesn't make it feel much better (after I rinsed it out, I let it in for another 30 minutes outside the shower and only then it felt good).
    It is so frustrating! It's been almost a year since I last bleached my hair and it's supposed to be cut out at most parts of my hair.. but it still feels like crap when I wash it Specially at the back, where my hair is the thickest.. it even feels crap on top, at my fresh roots that are only dyed with henna!

Sometimes I just want to chop it all off because I can't deal with all that hair being annoying :P But I won't, I won't! It's going to be long and nice and pretty damnit, it just takes a hundred years.. *sigh*
    Thanks for the e-hugs. It's been 5.5 months since I had mine cut off, and I've had one trim of the back since then. It does grow kinda fast but it still gets me down. My hair has always been a big part of my identity.

For what it's worth, yours does look lovely at the moment. MUCH better than mine. I hope to have something resembling yours soon.

It sucks about the condition, what else have you tried?
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    1"/MBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

You know, until mine got nearly to "brushing shoulder" length, it felt awful, too. It got tangle-y when I would wash it, and whenever I'd run my hands over it, it felt scratchy and stiff. I think a lot of it has to do with how short it is. Meaning, you don't have a lot of length to run down, so you hit the ends quickly, and there isn't enough tactile memory of the long, soft part. I say give it a bit of time.
    CL ~ SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ MBL * WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ Classic

Length
    Pixie/23 AP/27
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I might cut them short, I don't know. The last time I had blunt bangs I didn't really like them, but they were really round back then.. I need them to be more blunt! Today I took a picture with faked blunt bangs, I do like it It has a retro feel to it I guess.. (hopefully the pic will show up in my signature :P) The quality is crap.. but I love how I just look like one's grandmother from the past hehe
    *test test*
    It looks retro without being costumey. You look great with the bangs!
    I moved to the corner of Shoulder-Grazing Street and Neck-Tickling Ave

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by HereIGrowAgain View Post
    You know, until mine got nearly to "brushing shoulder" length, it felt awful, too. It got tangle-y when I would wash it, and whenever I'd run my hands over it, it felt scratchy and stiff. I think a lot of it has to do with how short it is. Meaning, you don't have a lot of length to run down, so you hit the ends quickly, and there isn't enough tactile memory of the long, soft part. I say give it a bit of time.
    Aaah really? I guess that is a relief! I hope it will get better soon.. it's not that bad at the sides, it's just one spot on the back ughhh. Only leave-in conditioner works to tame it...

I never saw it that way but it could be true

& Thanks guys. Didn't cut the bangs yet (I faked them in that picture, mine are asymmetrical) but I think I'm going to cut them For now, I'll leave them be (sideswept), might cut them in a few weeks for a change!

Also, I really really like Amélie's bangs (as in, from that movie ) http://www.swotti.com/tmp/swotti/cac...imgAMELIE4.jpg they're really short but I like that! Gives it a bit of an edgy look Right now I feel like a soccer mom :P
    Last edited by oktobergoud; October 28th, 2011 at 03:06 PM.

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I found this tutorial on YouTube for a vintage style...but she uses a lot of heat. I was wondering what other non-heat options there are?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUQkS...eature=related

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl View Post
    Sorry you are feeling down joflakes.

I've been thinking that for me it will go more quickly if I try to have a positive attitude. Here are some things I've enjoyed about short hair that I will miss when it grows out:
    - Standing in the wind: my hair doesn't strangle or blind me.
    - Dries really quickly
    - No tangles! (to speak of)
    - I was able to try henna, knowing if something horrible happened, I was only dealing with a few inches of hair, plus I am sure it was less time consuming to apply to short hair.
    - No pulling from updos, and I can lay down without taking my hair down first.
    - Shed hairs are small and don't seem to get everywhere as much.
    Thanks so much for this. Like joflakes, I've been feeling really down about my hair. It's easy to forget its not all bad. Cheers.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl
    Sorry you are feeling down joflakes.

I've been thinking that for me it will go more quickly if I try to have a positive attitude. Here are some things I've enjoyed about short hair that I will miss when it grows out:
    - Standing in the wind: my hair doesn't strangle or blind me.
    - Dries really quickly
    - No tangles! (to speak of)
    - I was able to try henna, knowing if something horrible happened, I was only dealing with a few inches of hair, plus I am sure it was less time consuming to apply to short hair.
    - No pulling from updos, and I can lay down without taking my hair down first.
    - Shed hairs are small and don't seem to get everywhere as much.
    I missed this but it is really good! Thanks. On the plus side I did get my hair in a semi-presentable Dutch braid this morning - I'll post pics later

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Okay, cut the bangs guys! They are a bit crooked (although when I brush them they look better but I have hair that has a mind of it's own.. wavy hair and a cowlick is not a good combination :P) I do like them! I actually cut off a lot of hair.. specially at one side where it was still longer (2 inches or so? more?) But I like it

Also, my hair is a good wavy at that picture but sometimes it still flips right out >:[ I don't understand my waves yet.. sometimes my hair is really wavy for a week, no matter what product I use! And sometimes it's really flat and straight.. even though I use the same product like I did when my hair got really wavy :P

Quote Originally Posted by joflakes View Post
    I missed this but it is really good! Thanks. On the plus side I did get my hair in a semi-presentable Dutch braid this morning - I'll post pics later
    Yes post pics!
    Last edited by oktobergoud; October 29th, 2011 at 05:11 AM.

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I am glad some people liked my short hair positives list.

oktobergoud, your new bangs look really great, especially with the bob.
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.