Thread: Henna gone wrong! Help :(

Length
    11/19/25
    Type
    1b/1c/C/ii

Default Re: Henna gone wrong! Help :(

Quote Originally Posted by creme View Post
    Ahh I see.
    Customer support? how do I find out whether they do? I threw away the container I bought the powder in
    If you don't have the box, I would suggest looking for the company's site online. They might have a customer support number/ info.

Length
    18/29,5/33
    Type
    1b/M/ii

a little hijack to drop a compliment in here: creme - I SOOOO love the rainbow coloured hair in your signature picture.... my ABSOLUTE [unfulfillable] dream hair... so pretty.

SSSLLL - AAAPPPLLL - SSSBBBLLL - MMMBBBLLL - WWWLLL

I'm reading that it wasn't BAQ henna that you used, but I removed an application of henna and someone else here removed indigo with tea tree oil. What I did is mix 1/2 tsp or so of tea tree oil into shampoo, massaged it into my hair, and let it sit for a few minutes. I did that 3 or 4 times. I did try conditioner instead of shampoo and it didn't work nearly as well.

Length
    19/19/30 +
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by stachelbeere View Post
    a little hijack to drop a compliment in here: creme - I SOOOO love the rainbow coloured hair in your signature picture.... my ABSOLUTE [unfulfillable] dream hair... so pretty.
    ahhhh I know right! I could never be brave enough or have enough time or effort to have that kind of hair - however I absolutely love looking at other people with crazy dyed hair! love love love
    Long Hair Lover

Length
    19/19/30 +
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
    I'm reading that it wasn't BAQ henna that you used, but I removed an application of henna and someone else here removed indigo with tea tree oil. What I did is mix 1/2 tsp or so of tea tree oil into shampoo, massaged it into my hair, and let it sit for a few minutes. I did that 3 or 4 times. I did try conditioner instead of shampoo and it didn't work nearly as well.
    oh thankyou for the idea. Trying wouldn't hurt
    Long Hair Lover

Length
    28/40/42
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Tea trea and coconut oil have both been recommended here for henna removal. I'm wondering what exactly they do to the colour. Do they gradually fade it, do they lighten or brighten it?

I'm asking actually for the completely opposite reason I'm using tea tree and coconut oil in my routine for hair and scalp health, but really want to keep my henna!
    MBL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL - Classic

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I've successfully faded a copper colored " henna" with chelating shampoo. At the time I knew nothing about henna and thought it was all the same. What I used wasn't true henna. Chelating shampoo, or shampoo for hard water, or swimmer's shampoo will all strip more color out each time you wash. Then condition as usual. You're going to have to be patient.

I would also suggest trying a toning conditioner. They're blue/purple and temporarily tone down yellow brassy colors quite well.

Length
    19/19/30 +
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by UltraBella View Post
    I've successfully faded a copper colored " henna" with chelating shampoo. At the time I knew nothing about henna and thought it was all the same. What I used wasn't true henna. Chelating shampoo, or shampoo for hard water, or swimmer's shampoo will all strip more color out each time you wash. Then condition as usual. You're going to have to be patient.

I would also suggest trying a toning conditioner. They're blue/purple and temporarily tone down yellow brassy colors quite well.
    thankyou. by faded do you mean completely got rid of, or just less noticeable? How long did it take for your henna to completely disappear from your hair?
    Long Hair Lover