Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Unbrush? (Also HELP; everything in the entire world gives me breakage apparently)

Length
    BSL/BCL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Unbrush? (Also HELP; everything in the entire world gives me breakage apparently)

I would give my unbrush away to someone here if postage wasn't so expensive xD
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills
    in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/BCL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Unbrush? (Also HELP; everything in the entire world gives me breakage apparently)

I have to take it back, I just checked and it's not that it doesn't flex AT ALL, it does a little. Just not enough for me
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills
    in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sarana View Post
    I would give my unbrush away to someone here if postage wasn't so expensive xD
    Sorry it hasn't worked out for you! Maybe you could work out a trade with someone on the swap board.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Lady Marina...Dweller, Explorer, and Protector of the Mermaid World
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    Bald/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    For anyone reading this that's interested in the Unbrush, the differences with dupes are pretty easily spotted if you know what to look for. The handle should say "Unbrush" and have a large hexagonal hole for hanging. the vent holes (on the regular and Mini) are also hexagonal.

That's what I've read as well (don't have an Unbrush, and no intention to get one, but this thread made me curious about it).
    And, correct me if I'm wrong, but other than it saying Unbrush on the handle, isn't it only one specific company/brand that makes the real one?
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I have a dupe and I love it! I use it more than my TT now, it is about to get my hair detangled and hasn't cause any damage that I can see. I've been using it for over a year now.
    CL~SL~APL~BSL~WL~HL~TBL~maybe CL
    Mini goals: BSL braid ~ WL braid ~ HL braid ~ Crown braid

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

Fair enough! Ya gotta do what's right for you. I wouldn't be able to get away with not brushing or combing though, at least not for more than a few days.
    Finger-detangling doesn't work at all? I'm only asking because I wonder if every hair type does well with finger-detangling or not
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luxurioushair View Post
    Finger-detangling doesn't work at all? I'm only asking because I wonder if every hair type does well with finger-detangling or not
    Oh good question! I feel like with some hair types brushing really helps to efficiently smooth the hair? Brushing definitely doesn't work for me in general, finger detangling is the way to go.
    TWA -- shoulder -- collarbone -- armpit -- mid back -- waist -- hip -- tailbone -- classic -- mid thigh -- knee

Length
    15/41/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luxurioushair View Post
    I believe Sandy's hair is of a similar type to mine and I finger-detangle before combing it out (and in the middle, and after...). Brushing is really "smoothing" most of the time; only if it's perfectly detangled do I use a TT for real. When it was shorter, I used a brush more.
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Thanks for sharing this. I have heard about the handles snapping for some people but wasn't sure if they were using the Mini or had possibly gotten a dupe and didn't realize it. For anyone reading this that's interested in the Unbrush, the differences with dupes are pretty easily spotted if you know what to look for. The handle should say "Unbrush" and have a large hexagonal hole for hanging. the vent holes (on the regular and Mini) are also hexagonal. I've even seen an ad that says "the Real Unbrush" and it's clearly a fake! I don't want anyone to get ripped off.
    You know what, you're right. I believe it was a knock off from TEMU. The detangling quality was great. But if the UNbrush handle is anything in quality to that one I wouldn't recommend it.
    I am waiting for an update from my friend who told me about the brush and was trying to sell me on getting it. He has the official one, by FHI. I will check in with him, cause that was like last year lol.

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Have y'all tried holding combs/brushes by the head and not the handle? That's what I do and it seems to work much better.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE