Page 78 of 405 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by wo View Post
    Ok thanks, that's reassuring to hear from someone with such long and nice hair!
    Thank you
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    Ok, thank you for that information.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Does anyone know of any UK / Europe suppliers making simple non-fancy acrylic hair sticks? I’ve wooden ones, but I’d like a resin or acrylic stick for when I do a pre-wash oiling and bun it up. When I’ve searched they’re all super fancy with glitter and flowers etc - I really don’t need that. Thanks in advance

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'm thinking about saving my shed hairs in a bundle to donate once I have enough of them. Has anyone done this before? I can't figure out how to start a bundle when I have just a few strands.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Does anyone know of any UK / Europe suppliers making simple non-fancy acrylic hair sticks? I’ve wooden ones, but I’d like a resin or acrylic stick for when I do a pre-wash oiling and bun it up. When I’ve searched they’re all super fancy with glitter and flowers etc - I really don’t need that. Thanks in advance
    DragomiraHaarschmuck does acrylic sticks (Germany) https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/DragomiraHaarschmuck

PerfumeCollectors in the UK has just reopened their shop https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PerfumeCollectors

I think most acrylics are fancy to a degree by default though, the only plain ones tend to be clear - other than being waterproof, a huge reason for their popularity is the wide range of colours and colour combinations and patterns.

Though using wooden sticks when your hair is oiled should be good for the sticks but having waterproof sticks is incredibly useful.

(There's also eBay for very cheap, simple, hard plastic sticks, but they come with the usual risk of not being completely smooth and not knowing how sturdy they are.)
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I second Dragomira. She does custom orders when you contact her via etsy or email. She offers differently shaped sticks in a color called "crystal clear". They appear glass like and look pretty no nonsense.Or you could ask her whether she has any other plain colors.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    DragomiraHaarschmuck does acrylic sticks (Germany) https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/DragomiraHaarschmuck

PerfumeCollectors in the UK has just reopened their shop https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PerfumeCollectors

I think most acrylics are fancy to a degree by default though, the only plain ones tend to be clear - other than being waterproof, a huge reason for their popularity is the wide range of colours and colour combinations and patterns.

Though using wooden sticks when your hair is oiled should be good for the sticks but having waterproof sticks is incredibly useful.

(There's also eBay for very cheap, simple, hard plastic sticks, but they come with the usual risk of not being completely smooth and not knowing how sturdy they are.)
    Thanks for those links, perfect. I do oil my wooden hair sticks with mineral oil, it was more if the oil wearing it in a bun made them a bit patchy that I was concerned about

Quote Originally Posted by Finda View Post
    I second Dragomira. She does custom orders when you contact her via etsy or email. She offers differently shaped sticks in a color called "crystal clear". They appear glass like and look pretty no nonsense.Or you could ask her whether she has any other plain colors.
    They sound just what I’m after, thank you

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I know you already got some answers, but if it helps in future – I collect European hairtoy makers here! (Not all of them specialize in just one material so I don't list it for all of them.)
    ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (curly)
    ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (stretched)
    Prounouns: they/them only, please!

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ynne View Post
    I know you already got some answers, but if it helps in future – I collect European hairtoy makers here! (Not all of them specialize in just one material so I don't list it for all of them.)
    Oh thank you Ynne I’d forgotten about that thread.

Feral_ there’s also Long Haired Jewels. They sell imported hairsticks. I don’t think they have much in the way of new stock but I bought an acrylic Ketylo to use with wet or oiled hair. They also sell Dymondwood, which apparently can be used on damp hair (and I have one of those too, but have only used it on dry hair).
    http://www.longhairedjewels.com/