Page 705 of 715 FirstFirst ... 205605655695703704705706707 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 7150

Thread: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Default Re: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

Quote Originally Posted by zashin66 View Post
    Finda and Sundaesrae your hair is so lovely. I’m so tempted to CUT my hair right now. I know it’s because of my frustrations in the other areas of my life. I see your hair and want lovely hair like that. I don’t treat my ends very well I’m afraid. Your hairs are so thick and lovely at the ends. Mine are not. I will post a picture probably on Friday after I wash it and it has dried. I see such thick ness in your beautiful pictures. My daughter is growing her hair as well and hers is about finger tip length. Her hair is so thick till most of the end as well. I can’t sleep with a bun… a bonnet gets all twisted around most of the time…. The braid I usually sleep with gets underneath me all the time and I think that friction is what is eroding my ends……. When I leave it loose visions of creepy craw lies climbing up my hair from the floor give me the heeby jeebies.(shudders)

Long sighhhhhhh!
    Your hair is great Zashin try not to worry so much comparing yourself to others just leads to depression I get it though I wish I was tall and slender instead of short and stocky

Have you tried tying up the end with a bit of fabric so it looks like bobbled if you understand what I'm trying to say my explanation skills aren't great

Length
    22/53/53
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by KokoroDragon View Post
    SundaesRae your hair looks spectacular! Are those braid waves or your natural texture? Either way, they're lovely!
    They are braid waves. I had combed it out earlier that day because I had snarls from my first attempt at scalp washing. I am planning to experiment with the curly girl method though, so maybe next time I post a photo they can be all mine. ;D

Length
    22/53/53
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by WitchoftheWood View Post
    Welcome SundaesRae! You have such beautiful hair, so long and thick with a nice hemline too! You've gotta spill those hair care secrets
    How often do you trim? How often do you wash? Do you use any oils, masks or leave in products? I hope my hair gets to knee length one day!
    Confession: I am really bad at time-management, so I tend to go 6-12 months between hair appointments, at which point I generally cut off whatever has grown since the last time so that I am closer to classic. Usually 6-8 inches. I've been maintaining in the classic-to-knee range since before Covid.

I've been using the Shea Moisture Strengthen and Restore mask, the one with ACV and peppermint, which I really, REALLY, like. I've been using it for 3+ years now. I accidently bought the leave-in, so I used that the previous time I washed before the picture was taken, because the curly method recommended a leave-in.

I've been washing my hair every 5-8 days, and I co-wash with a couple of different shampoos depending on how it feels. I have a bar of the Lush lavender shampoo that I use when it's really greasy, and I am trying out some waterless shampoo powder that is supposed to be more environmentally friendly (because shampoo is mostly water). The full wash I had done before the photo was a clarifying wash, so I think that helped a lot. It feels a lot better than it had been for a while. I've been trying to shift to more natural based conditioners, but generally whatever natural conditioner that Costco has which is targeted towards dryness. I just finished a bottle of the Shea Moisture coconut oil conditioner and got two more replacements since I was pretty happy with it.

I got some oils last year because I have been dealing with a lot of frizz and dryness. I got the "holiroots" oil from "Fable & mane" and Marula Oil from "the ordinary" both of which I've liked pretty well.

I joined because I am wanting to be more methodical in my hair care, so I don't know how helpful that was. Good luck with your journey.

Length
    22/53/53
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by zashin66 View Post
    Finda and Sundaesrae your hair is so lovely. I’m so tempted to CUT my hair right now. I know it’s because of my frustrations in the other areas of my life. I see your hair and want lovely hair like that. I don’t treat my ends very well I’m afraid. Your hairs are so thick and lovely at the ends. Mine are not. I will post a picture probably on Friday after I wash it and it has dried. I see such thick ness in your beautiful pictures. My daughter is growing her hair as well and hers is about finger tip length. Her hair is so thick till most of the end as well. I can’t sleep with a bun… a bonnet gets all twisted around most of the time…. The braid I usually sleep with gets underneath me all the time and I think that friction is what is eroding my ends……. When I leave it loose visions of creepy craw lies climbing up my hair from the floor give me the heeby jeebies.(shudders)

Long sighhhhhhh!
    I started sleeping in two pigtails at MBL, since I am a back sleeper, and it kept the mass of hair from ending up under me, which just isn't comfortable. Maybe that would work for you too? I think Bat is recommending that you protect the ends by tucking them into a pouch or something and securing the pouch to the ends with the hair ties you are using to tie off your braid so that the ends have extra protection.

Length
    22/53/53
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Lightbulb Re: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
    Long version: Is else struggling with boredom at this length (hi zashin, just saw your post!) I’m about an inch away from knee, and maybe it’s just that this has been my goal since the beginning and now it’s kind of so now what. I really like the look of blunt ends at knee (some really lovely examples of that here lately!) so maintaining at knee is option A.

Option B is to get some dye and try to mix it up a little. I have zero skills doing it myself though and I’m scared to let a salon go near it.

Option C is bangs (I love Dakota Johnson’s and my hair is a similar enough texture) This one scares me a little, but I’ve been contemplating it for a long time because I wear my hair up all the time and feel a lot of pulling around my hairline with the length despite trying to mix up styles, and it gets uncomfortable. I also have a very generous forehead and while I’m generally more bothered with comfort and practicality than with appearance, I’m feeling kind of frumpy having the bun with hair pulled back all the time. I think bangs would be the most aesthetically pleasing with my face and would make me feel a little more “cool” which frankly I’m feeling none of these days. The downsides are that I don’t like to bother with a lot of styling and the obvious what if I hate it because it would take years to catch up with the rest of my hair and I’m worried I’d get frustrated and cut it off. I already have recurring dreams where I cut my hair and like it aesthetically but feel what I can only describe is profound loss, then huge relief when I wake up and realize it was a dream.
    I think bangs are a totally legitimate choice. That was something I really wanted when I first started growing my hair long again, for that very reason of "I want it to look cute even when it's pulled back". Maybe you could get some extension clips to experiment with different styles before you cut? You could check out cosplay resources to find a good brand, because those communities really pay attention to the details and there are a lot of people looking for value options. Or maybe there is an app out there that can add different bang styles to photos.

I think there are a lot of options now for non-permanent dyes. I used to buy Colourpop cosmetics and they had a line of conditioning dyes that I was very interested in; it didn't look as difficult as out of the box stuff, and if you didn't like it, you just quit using the color maintaining conditioner, but I can't speak from personal experience. I personally plan to go navy once the silver starts. Also, "fairy hair" (not knots) is pretty amazing looking; that little touch of sparkle just feels really special, and the person I first saw it on had had hers done a couple months before so it can last a really long time. It hardcore appeals to my magpie instincts.

Since I just joined, I am looking forward to finding new ways to style my hair, but you probably know all the tricks since you are a long-term member....

Length
    22/53/53
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

About being at knee length: I was actually reminded last week of why I had cut my hair back to classic the last time. I was tying off my pigtails, and I couldn't, because without the bulk of the full braid to shorten them, they were too long to get the tension I needed to tie them off. So last year I had decided "clearly this is my limit" and made a hair appointment. But this time, I figured out that if I pull the braid so that it goes down my back, around my shoulder blade, and under my arm, that creates enough tension that I can finish and tie off my pigtails. And that trick will probably work for at least another foot. So, crisis averted?

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./74"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

You can also wrap it around your neck to take up the slack. That's what I learned. Here actually
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Accidental double post
    Last edited by mochichichi; October 29th, 2023 at 02:46 AM.
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I'm calling fingertip length! Measuring from hairline I'm at 42"
    A whole inch of growth this month after a summer stall. I think I've decided to do a little trim to get things nice and straight again at the end of the year, so I'm guessing I'll start next year around here as well.

Also yay for being able to upload images again, sorry for the massive picture
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Quote Originally Posted by mochichichi View Post
    I'm calling fingertip length! Measuring from hairline I'm at 42"
    A whole inch of growth this month after a summer stall. I think I've decided to do a little trim to get things nice and straight again at the end of the year, so I'm guessing I'll start next year around here as well.

Also yay for being able to upload images again, sorry for the massive picture
    you have my idea hair, it looks beautiful! congrats