Page 705 of 1605 FirstFirst ... 2056056556957037047057067077157558051205 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 16041

Thread: Midback | Waist

Length
    14/36/60
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

Djgang and schibbles - welcome! I'm sure that you are perfect in this thread!
    Happily growing my way to as far as it goes!

Length
    24/31/37
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by schnibbles View Post
    Hi everyone...I'm new but I think I probably belong on this thread. (?)
    My hair is currently at the bottom of my bra band. Just had an inch chopped off last week...my goal is waist... maybe beyond?? Not sure yet.
    That's what I said when I was at BSL, too. Hmm, haha. If you're not sure, there's a big chance it will change My goal changed from waist to hip

Try again. I don't know how to downsize my photos so...

Coconut oiled that's the reason it looks so greasy.

Length
    20/34/38
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

My original goal was waist too but I'm so very nearly there and I definitely want it longer now. I get the feeling that whatever goals I set will just keep getting longer until I can't cope with it any more and I'll maintain until I get used to it and start growing again. It seems like so many people join LHC with goals like waist and ending up looking at all the fabulous heads of hair as inspiration and wanting to extend their goals!
    BSL...Waist ...Hip...TBL...Classic
    Lady Ailesthie of the oanluckit caayr Havaniora In the order of the long haired knights
    You tube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIeRwJ1NrulSHG_VgogRCA

Length
    17?/37/...
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by FireFromWithin View Post
    My original goal was waist too but I'm so very nearly there and I definitely want it longer now. I get the feeling that whatever goals I set will just keep getting longer until I can't cope with it any more and I'll maintain until I get used to it and start growing again. It seems like so many people join LHC with goals like waist and ending up looking at all the fabulous heads of hair as inspiration and wanting to extend their goals!
    Yes, I agree! When I joined, I felt for sure when I reached waist length that I would be satisfied. I'm now beyond that length and it doesn't seem very long compared to the fabulous heads of hair seen daily, here. I do find it inspiring and something about reaching ws length, I've started to relax and want to enjoy the beginning of my journey. What I once thought would be long and a goal that I would be happy with, now has become my starting point. I think just having a forum like this and seeing all these people who have attained great lengths has enabled me to dream on a much larger scale as to what is possible and that's thrilling to me.
    She foots it ever fair and young, Her locks are tied in haste,
    And one is o’er her shoulder flung, And hangs below her waist

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Yup, I have decided waist is my MINIMUM length, once I attain it. I'm thinking classic will be a nice maintenance length, but I really want to see what knee length looks like, or maybe terminal???

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    14/36/60
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Johannah View Post
    That's what I said when I was at BSL, too. Hmm, haha. If you're not sure, there's a big chance it will change My goal changed from waist to hip
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFromWithin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Komao View Post
    Yes, I agree! When I joined, I felt for sure when I reached waist length that I would be satisfied. I'm now beyond that length and it doesn't seem very long compared to the fabulous heads of hair seen daily, here. I do find it inspiring and something about reaching ws length, I've started to relax and want to enjoy the beginning of my journey. What I once thought would be long and a goal that I would be happy with, now has become my starting point. I think just having a forum like this and seeing all these people who have attained great lengths has enabled me to dream on a much larger scale as to what is possible and that's thrilling to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraLongLocks View Post
    Yup, I have decided waist is my MINIMUM length, once I attain it. I'm thinking classic will be a nice maintenance length, but I really want to see what knee length looks like, or maybe terminal???
    Hehe I love this! I never saw waist as the ultimate goal (my ultimate goal is actually knee - I love how that looks! Question is if I will be able to cope with it..) but a lot of people do. I think that waist is where it starts to feel long - it is definitely longer than most hairs "in the wild", at least where I live.

And beyond waist is where you start to become the oddball of society! Oh, how I long
    Happily growing my way to as far as it goes!

Length
    chin/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLongLocks View Post
    Same with me regarding classic, knee, and terminal. I'm just trying to enjoy the journey!
    Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone | APL | BSL | Waist

Now growing for fun!

Length
    chin/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by schnibbles View Post
    Hi everyone...I'm new but I think I probably belong on this thread. (?)
    My hair is currently at the bottom of my bra band. Just had an inch chopped off last week...my goal is waist... maybe beyond?? Not sure yet.
    Welcome!!!
    Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone | APL | BSL | Waist

Now growing for fun!

Length
    APL/BCL/TB
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Naiadryade View Post
    Hmm, mind if I ask some advice? Since it sounds like you have now what I keep toying with doing in my mind, and it would seem we have very similar hair textures.

I wouldn't look good with actual bangs, but I also hate the way I look with all my hair pulled back into a bun, especially if that bun sits anywhere higher than my nape. At times when I need to put my hair up or it will tangle, but want to look pretty and elegant and not so harsh, I have generally always left some pieces out of my bun around my face. But ever since I got past BSL or so, those pieces I leave out are kind of really long and in the way. Plus since it's longer, the weight pulls a lot of the wave out of the top half of the length, and it looks more limp and less fun and elegant. For a while I've been going back and forth toying with the idea of cutting some long "face-framing" layers to about APL or so to leave out of updos. Do you think it's a good idea?? How is it having APL "bangs" with your longer hair? Do they make doing braids a lot harder?

Thanks!!
    If you really like the look, go for it! At BSL my unbangs are long enough they would look awkward pulled out of a bun. It would just look like I missed a piece of hair. But yes, around APL, maybe a little shorter, I didn't hate them. My suggestion would NOT be layers all over. Just have the stylist angle his or her sheers starting at APL and blend to the length of your hair ONLY ON THE VERY FRONT PIECES (about 1" sections on each side). Imagine if you cut some unbangs (as I have decided to call them) at APL. Part the hair as you normally would, splitting the bangs on either side. Then imagine a very steep straight line from the unbangs down to the length of your hair. Voila! Face framing adorableness without the mess of layers. As long as you're only cutting the front, S&Ding the bits that don't get cut in a trim is manageable, AND, more importantly, your braids still look relatively neat. Something to think about, simple side braids can be tricky. At APL you may not be able to catch the opposite side in the braid. As long as you're cool with pinning, diagonal french or dutch, or just leaving them out I say go for it. The only other thing I would add is a suggestion to be mindful of how often you style the front. I had a tendency to pull my hair back and then take a curling iron or flat iron to the face framing bits. As a result my unbangs are full of damage and splits. Happy Styling!