Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Unbrush? (Also HELP; everything in the entire world gives me breakage apparently)

Length
    BSL/BCL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Unbrush? (Also HELP; everything in the entire world gives me breakage apparently)

LittleQuill My hair's straight, fine and thin so I don't brush it wet, I brush it dry. I guess this might work better for the curly/kinky people who detangle during wash day
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills
    in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Unbrush? (Also HELP; everything in the entire world gives me breakage apparently)

I have a knockoff unbrush and I like it for serious detangling with conditioner and when rinsing conditioner out in the shower. My hair is thick and curly and not prone to a ton of breakage.

Quote Originally Posted by H.e.L View Post
    Ooh, a veteran!
    Do tell! Any benefits you got from doing it for so long that you feel like sharing?
    (I've only been doing it for about three weeks, I might have said that already. Just got past the keto-flu thing, starting to feel better just recently.)
    I'm really interested; did you start carnivore mostly just as an elimination diet to figure out food sensitivities & such, or just for the health benefits in general?
    Do/did you do hardcore "just beef, salt, and water," or more of a "if it came from any animal or sea creature, it's on the table" kinda strategy?

*rapt attention*
    Hi H.e.l. I live for eating steak. In 2020, I was lean and strong. My hair looks good for my age, and I look younger than most women my age. My BIG MISTAKE was adding sourdough to my diet. Then sweets, treats, nuts and wine (I was not drinking since 2016).
    Fast forward to today, I quit bread last year, and alcohol at Christmas. I have recently gone beef and water to sort out IBS symptoms. I have even given up tea and water.
    I have shifted 8 kg of the 10 kg I gained.
    Last edited by GrazierGirl; March 10th, 2024 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Spelling

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Reviving this thread because for those that have the Unbrush, especially if you've had it for a number of months at least, how's it working out in the long term? Is it holding up well? Some reviewers complained that the handle broke or the brush insert came out of the handle "frame".I have 2 TT that I've been using for a number of years now, I think around 5 years. I love them. The compact one is in need of being replaced due to the silver coating peeling in places and I've been considering an Unbrush, partly out of curiosity of whether it will diminish any breakage I might be experiencing and partly because I kind of miss a handle. I know the TT does have a handle now too though. The TT is very gentle in my experience, but if the Unbrush is even moreso, I'd be willing to give it a try (maybe a Christmas list item). My hair is 2c/F/ii and a little past KL for reference.

Also, do you have the Plus model or the regular one? Not interested in the Mini.
    Last edited by SandyBottom; October 19th, 2024 at 07:30 AM. Reason: One more question
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Lady Marina...Dweller, Explorer, and Protector of the Mermaid World
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    Reviving this thread because for those that have the Unbrush, especially if you've had it for a number of months at least, how's it working out in the long term? Is it holding up well? Some reviewers complained that the handle broke or the brush insert came out of the handle "frame".I have 2 TT that I've been using for a number of years now, I think around 5 years. I love them. The compact one is in need of being replaced due to the silver coating peeling in places and I've been considering an Unbrush, partly out of curiosity of whether it will diminish any breakage I might be experiencing and partly because I kind of miss a handle. I know the TT does have a handle now too though. The TT is very gentle in my experience, but if the Unbrush is even moreso, I'd be willing to give it a try (maybe a Christmas list item). My hair is 2c/F/ii and a little past KL for reference.

Also, do you have the Plus model or the regular one? Not interested in the Mini.
    I didn’t know about the plus model, I have a regular and a mini. I switched to them from TT’s about 6 months ago. They both look like new still. I prefer them over TT’s now, the tines are further apart which makes it easier to clean and appears to brush through my hair much more gentle than a TT. I have significantly less broken hairs and haven’t been needing to S&D much these last few months (but I also cut 2” of bleach damage 2 months ago so my hair is just in better condition over all and not completely due to the new brushes).
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    I didn’t know about the plus model, I have a regular and a mini. I switched to them from TT’s about 6 months ago. They both look like new still. I prefer them over TT’s now, the tines are further apart which makes it easier to clean and appears to brush through my hair much more gentle than a TT. I have significantly less broken hairs and haven’t been needing to S&D much these last few months (but I also cut 2” of bleach damage 2 months ago so my hair is just in better condition over all and not completely due to the new brushes).
    Thank you for sharing your experience with them! It was especially helpful that you had previously used the TT and have fine hair, as do I.

Length
    BSL/BCL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I definitely still prefer TT, although I don't really like either that much. But the TT is flexible, unbrush is not at all.

I like a basic paddle brush
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills
    in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

I had an UnBrush the handle snapped in half. Within like 3 months. I prefer the Red By Kiss Vent Brush it was better and more sturdy. I Bought 2 its been like 6 months and I havent had to open the second one, quite DURABLE.

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

My hair is extremely fine, some strands are thin like spiderweb. I avoid breakage by avoiding brushes and combs. That's pretty much it.
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sarana View Post
    I definitely still prefer TT, although I don't really like either that much. But the TT is flexible, unbrush is not at all.

I like a basic paddle brush
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHBeauty View Post
    I had an UnBrush the handle snapped in half. Within like 3 months. I prefer the Red By Kiss Vent Brush it was better and more sturdy. I Bought 2 its been like 6 months and I havent had to open the second one, quite DURABLE.
    Thanks for sharing this. I have heard about the handles snapping for some people but wasn't sure if they were using the Mini or had possibly gotten a dupe and didn't realize it. For anyone reading this that's interested in the Unbrush, the differences with dupes are pretty easily spotted if you know what to look for. The handle should say "Unbrush" and have a large hexagonal hole for hanging. the vent holes (on the regular and Mini) are also hexagonal. I've even seen an ad that says "the Real Unbrush" and it's clearly a fake! I don't want anyone to get ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by luxurioushair View Post
    My hair is extremely fine, some strands are thin like spiderweb. I avoid breakage by avoiding brushes and combs. That's pretty much it.
    Fair enough! Ya gotta do what's right for you. I wouldn't be able to get away with not brushing or combing though, at least not for more than a few days.