View Poll Results: At what point do you start to consider hair "long"?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoulder Length

3 1.27%
  • Arm Pit Length

17 7.17%
  • Bra Strap Length

50 21.10%
  • Waist Length

93 39.24%
  • Hip length

22 9.28%
  • Tail Bone Length

24 10.13%
  • Classic Length

22 9.28%
  • Knee Length

5 2.11%
  • Beyond Knee Length

1 0.42%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How long is long to you?

Default Re: How long is long to you?

I could have sworn I answered this poll before, It seems like I voted but I didn't write a post (I think I either voted for waist or classic)
    Generally speaking, I'm of a simillar opinion to Oxalis but slightly different lengths. For me above ear is super short, ear to neck is short, neck to APL is medium, APL to BSL medium-long, BSL to WL is long, and anything beyond that is super long.

But all that depends on if you know that person and on how long they used to wear their hair. My hair feels long on me from APL+ and it is probably going to feel super long from BSL but for example, I had a friend who always had WL-HL hair and it felt like it was "just long", she grew it to TBL/CL it was like "Wow, It's quite long" but not something like "OMG your hair is SUPER long" even if it was definitely unusualy long by societal standards, if that makes any sense. It's also how you perceive that person.

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Length
    Shave/Knee/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I think for me its hip length, mine has just gotten their and its the first time I think its long.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

When I get shot out of a hyper cannon into someplace at least still within the astroid belt. Then only to get caught up within the gravitational slingshot pull back around one of the planets, hopefully thereby getting slammed back here onto Earth.

And then ten years later ...I become immolated as a result of the flame of said hair entering the atmosphere and finally catching up with my body like a chronologically intensive fuse.

EDIT: Oops...sorry.
    I should have just said something like "knee length"...
    Last edited by Hexen; September 23rd, 2020 at 12:46 AM.

Length
    Chin/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/M/iii

For me, my hair starts to feel long when it's APL+. It's not what I would consider long by LHC standards, but I think most people I meet day-to-day feel like that's the starting point for long hair. BSL+ is considered very long by most people around me. (I do live in a city with a lot of people who work in engineering or other tech related areas, so that could be a factor as well.) Quite a lot of women here have bob's or even shorter hair. Since joining LHC I have started to pay more attention, and most of the people I see here with BSL+ hair are teenage girls. That's probably why when my hair was almost BSL it felt super long to me. I rarely see someone with hair past their waist IRL, which makes it hard to believe that my hair would even be capable of growing that long.

It will be interesting to see if my perception of long hair will change as I'm growing it out .
    CL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - ??
    2 years dye-free!

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    About classic length... I know it is a lot, and I don't know why I think that shorter hair is just "normal" hair :/ I am a WL right now, I keep feeling it not long at all
    Solid hip here, several months later. Same answer, better reason. To me it looks long when it's longer than not uncommon lengths where I live. BCL and TBL seems being popular in the last months.

Length
    .5"/TBL/MTL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    The term "long hair" is subjective.

At what length do you consider hair to be "long"?

To answer my own question: I tend to think that long hair is always just out of my reach. When my hair was APL I though of BSL as long. Then when my hair hit BSL MBL became long to me. Now that my hair is at MBL I think of waist length as long.
    lol.. I'm the same. I think classic is long.
    "Kindness is the best nourishment for humanity"

Length
    17.32/29,15/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

To me Classic lenght is the longest, I'm 5,05 ft

Anything past shoulder.

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

I thought classic would seem long but now not so much I would let it grow longer if it did not have such thin ends.
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

What I consider "long" on myself is different from what I consider "long" on others. For example i'll see someone with BSL hair and think their hair is relatively long, but if I cut my hair to that length it would feel really short. I would only consider hair long on myself when it reaches waist length.