Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How often do you henna your roots?

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: How often do you henna your roots?

I do my roots every 1.5-2 weeks. I have a dozen 4 oz. dye bottles of henna mixed up and waiting in my freezer, and once a bottle is thawed it only takes about 15 minutes to get the henna onto my roots and wrapped up in plastic. I do it so often because the ashy color of my natural hair drains the life out of my complexion, even if there's just 1/8 of an inch showing at the roots.
    If my hair grows long enough, will I turn into a mermaid?

Length
    8"/12"/termi
    Type
    1a/F/i

Hello,
    I finally touched up my roots with a henna (then actually did put the rest as a full head and will touch up only roots from now on.) I needed to correct for a spot that I missed on my first application in May, (about 8 weeks ago.)

A month afterwards I used a lightener spray instead of a touch up and waited another month to put the henna back on.

I felt it worked out relatively well.

I just made a little you tube vlog on it, (please pardon my early morning no make up, no moisturizer face. )

https://youtu.be/hr6EQxDItys

I will likely let it grow out another month before applying the spritz lightener OR I may just apply the root touch up. Will see.

I also noticed I am about an inch and a half from tailbone length.
    Happy henna ing and happy growing.
    Jen

p.s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimia View Post
    I do my roots every 1.5-2 weeks. I have a dozen 4 oz. dye bottles of henna mixed up and waiting in my freezer, and once a bottle is thawed it only takes about 15 minutes to get the henna onto my roots and wrapped up in plastic. I do it so often because the ashy color of my natural hair drains the life out of my complexion, even if there's just 1/8 of an inch showing at the roots.
    Thank you for this wonderful idea!!!
    Last edited by Genne; July 27th, 2019 at 09:33 AM.

Mustang mare Zipporah

After three weeks I usually must henna my grey roots again because they stand out so glaringly.