Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667

Thread: Non-Growth Oriented Thread for Shorter Lengths

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Non-Growth Oriented Thread for Shorter Lengths

No worries, Bat

Thanks, Paulownia. I am aware of the pigtails method, but this time I had wanted to try something more "refined".

Ever since I saw the videos of one Paul Watts, showing how to cut a textured bob / textured lob, I was obsessed. They were constantly tempting me and I knew that one day I just would have to try them.

So I did try, the first one. I did not cut a bob, I again took much less in fear it would be crooked and instead of a collarbone lob I ended up with a mess between SL and APL. Don't get me wrong, those videos are great, superb. So informative, and the ponytail section cuts are so simple and quick. BUT. They will work and look wonderful on wavy or curly or thick hair. NOT on fine and thin hair like mine, because:
    a) the cut does need polishing and dusting the odd longer/uneven hairs after taking down the ponytails, which I am not able to do by myself
    b) if this cut is to work on straight hair, it absolutely needs blow-drying with a round brush and/or heat styling into waves, which I am not willing to do.

I am glad that I tried, though. If I hadn't, I'd be forever wondering how it works. And since I cut it way too long, I had enough length left to fix it. Which I did, following this tutorial. In my opinion, this is the best, most on point, no-nonsense, most instructive video on how to cut a blunt A-line long bob ever. (Should anyone ever read this, looking for advice, I recommend also reading the comments below this video for more valuable points and instructions.)

I've learned my lesson. My kind of hair can only ever work with a blunt cut, nothing else.

Finally I am happy. My head feels so unbelievably light, even if my fine long hair could not have possibly weighed that much. It feels as if my heads could detach itself at any moment and fly upwards.

Somewhere on the forum I've read that hair follicles are only meant to carry their own weight and not much else. My fine hair agrees. I had been struggling with the weight of buns (even a low scrunchie bun was absolutely killing my neck and shoulders on long hikes) and the weight of my hairtoys. I actually weighed them on my kitchen scale. A 7g wooden stick was not acceptable to my scalp, but a 6g plastic fork was tolerable. Claw clips up to 10g are okay on most days, but my big claw clips ranging from 20g to 32 g were causing instant tension and headache-like feeling within ten minutes of wearing.

My scalp is much happier with washing every 2-3 days. Stretching washes (or avoiding them, in my case) is not for me. I got two hair-turban towels in Decathlon and air-drying with this length is now a breeze, a non-issue. I can even achieve soft, loose waves merely by scrunching excess water from my hair with a towel and then letting it be, no products. (Though I bought some hair mousse to try when I want my waves to last several days.)

I still wear a hair covering whenever outdoors (a tube/Buff scarf). It became a habit with long hair, but I am keeping this one. It keeps my scalp protected from the sun and my hair from bugs, flies and other pollutants in the air.

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Great that you found a cut you are happy with, Nefcerka

You are right, pigtails cut works best on textured hair, I totally forgot that
    Last edited by paulownia; July 7th, 2024 at 09:07 AM.
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Thank you, Paulownia

I'm not sure whether what I have is a bob or a lob. It's definitely longer than chin length, and it's juuust grazing my shoulders, but with my neck being so short, I am not sure how to classify it. Personally, I call it a "blob"

There are sooo many cute hairstyle tutorials even for this length on IG, I can't wait to try them. Unfortunately, 90% of them involve using those dreaded hair-killer plastic bubble hair ties. But there still many that don't. I am going to order some cute mini claw clips and hairbands today

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    Thank you, Paulownia

I'm not sure whether what I have is a bob or a lob. It's definitely longer than chin length, and it's juuust grazing my shoulders, but with my neck being so short, I am not sure how to classify it. Personally, I call it a "blob"

There are sooo many cute hairstyle tutorials even for this length on IG, I can't wait to try them. Unfortunately, 90% of them involve using those dreaded hair-killer plastic bubble hair ties. But there still many that don't. I am going to order some cute mini claw clips and hairbands today
    I'd say a lob is between bottom of neck to shoulder. I'm happy for you that you are enjoying your hair again

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

About a month since my chop my lob has lost its shape and my hair has been sneaking past my shoulders, it really grows even faster at this length for me.

So today I had my husband trim off about 4 cm (2 inches) in a straight line and it once again grazes my shoulders. Next time, next month probably, I will take even more, because I want a bit of my neck to be bare and breezy. He also buzzed off that pesky uneven nape hair that annoys the heck out of me for a more polished look.

I really like this. DH says my hair looks like a sweeping brush now, but that's really a compliment because it means it actually looks thicker.

I have not tried a single hairstyle from my saved IG tips for this length, because I like too much my everyday go-to style: take the front bits on either side, twist them, pouf them up and clip them with cute mini claw clips somewhere in the back, behind the ears.