Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast

Thread: Non-Growth Oriented Thread for Shorter Lengths

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: The Non-Growth Oriented Thread for Shorter Lengths

Quote Originally Posted by qnlizbeth View Post
    I’m moving over to this thread! I cut my hair into a pixie yesterday after a couple months of debating. I want to focus on keeping it healthy and taking care of my scalp, especially since I plan to start dyeing it again.
    I got a pixie yesterday too. My hair was short anyway since I was growing out a buzz but now it has some shape and I plan on keeping it short for the foreseeable future.
    I'm not 100% happy with my cut so I will let it grow a little so I can get it fixed in a couple months.

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Default Re: Non-Growth Oriented Thread for Shorter Lengths

I'm buzzed again too I might give up growing getting past pixie is so hard

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

I think this might end up being my thread a while growing isn't for me I guess

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

So... this is my thread now and I'm more than okay with that, even if I should be here alone for the moment...

I have been quite intensely dedicated to growing my hair as long as possible for the past six years and I needed a break from that. When I started out I had thought I could improve my thickness. Now I know I can't beat genetics and never will be a true ii, always bordering on i/ii. I enjoyed the almost TBL length, longest of my life. I enjoyed learning buns, but over time my scalp grew sensitive and I couldn't wear any but a messy top bun without pain. I couldn't wear my hair down, not even at WL where I cut back in March, because it was a clingy, stringy, tangly mess.

And wash days... I couldn't deal with those. I started to really hate wash days. Could not take the hassle any more, could not stand half a day of air-drying. My scalp needs washing more often than every 5 days, because I sweat a lot during sport activities, but with long hair I could not make myself wash more often. And scalp-only washing would be as much hassle as a full wash. Now I can quickly shampoo every other day if my scalp is yucky.

I've been thinking about shorter lengths for a while and I took a plunge and cut back to APL. It's the length that suited me the most, when I looked over old pictures and sure enough - I cannot explain why but - it instantly makes me look younger. I am happy. My only complaint is that it is still too long - I cut less because this was the first time I tried the "babushka method" and I was worried it would be crooked and I'd have to even it out.

I was aiming for APL, but I think my longest hairs are at MBL. I will live with this for a few weeks, but eventually I will be taking off 5-10 cm more. I am also itching to try two DIY tutorials for bobs, one is a blunt A-line, the other a slightly textured A-line. I wouldn't cut as short as bob though, I know a bob does not compliment my face, but would make it a collarbone lob.

It's probably a phase I'm in, needing the freedom of shorter hair. Will see how long it lasts. I am so looking forward to wearing my hair down. I cannot wait to wear my favorite half-up half-downs, and guess who is gonna buy all the cutest mini claw clips for those hairstyles?

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

It looks great, Nefcerka
    I really understand you. What you described seems to really be a PITA and we are supposed to make our lives easier, not harder, right?
    Enjoy your hair.
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I'm also around APL, but I'm growing it back to in between MBL and WL, depending on what feels better (and what I can personally handle). I don't let pain stop me from having long hair, since I can always do neck exercises or something to strengthen my neck muscles. I don't mind APL, but I prefer it somewhere in between MBL and WL, even if it means I have to switch up the style every once in a while to give my neck muscles a bit of a break (though I have the habit of reaching into my cupboards without using a stool, so that could be another cause). I hate it shoulder length, so that's a no for me (since I can't stand my hair on my neck, so it's better to keep it longer and put it up in the summer months). I also don't like wearing my hair down, so it needs to be long enough to either put it back in a ponytail or up in a larger claw clip (I actually did that yesterday when I lost my large barrette, since I think it was too loose and constantly fell out, so it was only a matter of time before I eventually lost it).
    Keeper of the Royal Order of Playful Kitties
    No trimming 2024: 11 July - 31 Dec
    APL - MBL - WL

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    So... this is my thread now and I'm more than okay with that, even if I should be here alone for the moment...

I have been quite intensely dedicated to growing my hair as long as possible for the past six years and I needed a break from that. When I started out I had thought I could improve my thickness. Now I know I can't beat genetics and never will be a true ii, always bordering on i/ii. I enjoyed the almost TBL length, longest of my life. I enjoyed learning buns, but over time my scalp grew sensitive and I couldn't wear any but a messy top bun without pain. I couldn't wear my hair down, not even at WL where I cut back in March, because it was a clingy, stringy, tangly mess.

And wash days... I couldn't deal with those. I started to really hate wash days. Could not take the hassle any more, could not stand half a day of air-drying. My scalp needs washing more often than every 5 days, because I sweat a lot during sport activities, but with long hair I could not make myself wash more often. And scalp-only washing would be as much hassle as a full wash. Now I can quickly shampoo every other day if my scalp is yucky.

I've been thinking about shorter lengths for a while and I took a plunge and cut back to APL. It's the length that suited me the most, when I looked over old pictures and sure enough - I cannot explain why but - it instantly makes me look younger. I am happy. My only complaint is that it is still too long - I cut less because this was the first time I tried the "babushka method" and I was worried it would be crooked and I'd have to even it out.

I was aiming for APL, but I think my longest hairs are at MBL. I will live with this for a few weeks, but eventually I will be taking off 5-10 cm more. I am also itching to try two DIY tutorials for bobs, one is a blunt A-line, the other a slightly textured A-line. I wouldn't cut as short as bob though, I know a bob does not compliment my face, but would make it a collarbone lob.

It's probably a phase I'm in, needing the freedom of shorter hair. Will see how long it lasts. I am so looking forward to wearing my hair down. I cannot wait to wear my favorite half-up half-downs, and guess who is gonna buy all the cutest mini claw clips for those hairstyles?
    It must be great getting rid of all that bleach too and starting fresh. It looks fuller.

Sometimes I feel like staying a 0 buzz so I'm not annoyed at my texture/colour but I'm addicted to trying to grow it xD

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    It looks great, Nefcerka
    I really understand you. What you described seems to really be a PITA and we are supposed to make our lives easier, not harder, right?
    Enjoy your hair.
    Thank you Paulownia My head feels so light now, both physically and mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    It must be great getting rid of all that bleach too and starting fresh. It looks fuller.

Sometimes I feel like staying a 0 buzz so I'm not annoyed at my texture/colour but I'm addicted to trying to grow it xD
    If you are referring to my hair Bat, it hadn't been bleached... but I agree, it feels fuller now. At least some of my work has paid off, my hair is somewhat slightly thicker than it had been the last time I was this length, years ago.

So I'm not really liking this U-shape that the babushka cut gave me. I am not used to it, I prefer a blunt hemline, or a very slightly layered/textured haircut. And it is definitely too long, longer than the APL I had wanted, because my ends keep getting stuck in my armpits (gross). Tomorrow it's wash day and I will do something about it. Not sure what, yet. Decisions, decisions...

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

So I'm not really liking this U-shape that the babushka cut gave me. I am not used to it, I prefer a blunt hemline, or a very slightly layered/textured haircut. And it is definitely too long, longer than the APL I had wanted, because my ends keep getting stuck in my armpits (gross). Tomorrow it's wash day and I will do something about it. Not sure what, yet. Decisions, decisions...
    Maybe check the pigtails cut by Manes by Mell?
    If you place pigtails further back on your head and keep them very low . It should give slight layering at the ends And more graduated shape, getting rid of U shape.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/pKoOUMP6J...DygxZnOMBap2uY
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Thank you Paulownia My head feels so light now, both physically and mentally.

If you are referring to my hair Bat, it hadn't been bleached... but I agree, it feels fuller now. At least some of my work has paid off, my hair is somewhat slightly thicker than it had been the last time I was this length, years ago.

Sorry I got confused with someone with a similar name I'm sorry z and I agree a blunt cut looks better with straight hair