Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Thread: The Growing out Bangs/Fringe Support Thread

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Default Re: The Growing out Bangs/Fringe Support Thread

Not bangs but im growing my sides out again so I have something to play around with fashion color wise without effecting the majority of my hair that's currently my fave shade of blond

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Finally reached CBL stretched with my bangs! I'm trying not to check them too much, to not drive myself nuts, but I figure they don't really count for the main no-length-check challenge since they're vastly shorter than my main length.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    34/Long/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

That was March and it’s September. My bangs are mostly chin length now. I can tuck them behind my ear, but unless I am still, I need a clip or scarf to keep ‘em out of my eyes or from tickling my face.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    I need support ��

I think I am about a year in to growing out bangs and my main hair experience is still swatting stray strands out of my face!

I started by just reducing the section I was cutting as bangs. When that not-cut section got about chin length, I stopped cutting the rest of my bangs. Those are just below nose length now. I can sweep them to the side, but I need clips or pins all the time. And I haven’t really adjusted to the look- after wearing bangs my whole life (apart from the time in 5th or 6th grade I tried growing them out and my mom actually applauded at the barber shop when I gave that up)

I read a few articles and blog posts about how long it takes to grow out bangs and I feel like they all sold it short LOL.

Length
    SL/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I cut some weird bangs into my hair to help hide postpartum hair loss. I'm hoping to grow them out eventually
    Find me at the beach or springs wishing I was a mermaid
    SL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL - CLASSIC - FTP - KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Well here I am again! This time I am going to grow out the sides of my fringe. If I find that I don’t like it once it’s grown out, I can always cut it back in again. I want to see how it looks with a narrower fringe section though.

I’ve shaped my fringe so that it’s shorter in the middle and longer at the edges, so that should help it to look less bulky as it grows out. I’ll probably wear it parted now and it’ll eventually turn into curtain bangs. At the moment it’s a baby bang version
    I grew my fringe out for a year and then cut it short. Then I did all of that again over the course of another year. It gets to a point where it doesn’t suit me so well to have a longer fringe, and I don’t like how it looks pulled back without one. I tried doing a roller set (note to self here) but the fringe needs strong setting lotion to overcome the cowlick, and I wince at the thought of using that. Bettie Bangs are here to stay. It gives my hair a stronger look, and instant rockabilly is always a good thing in my book

I searched for this thread yesterday afternoon & could’ve find it. Thanks for bumping this

I have had so many “weird bangs” floridachild it’s part of cutting them yourself sometimes maybe you can reshape them in a month or two!

Lady Stardust I just yesterday cut the center of my bangs to do that same thing of having them grow out shaped well for a curtain bang. I have had bangs since growing out a buzz cut in… 2010?? I grew them one once to my ears and cut them back. I skipped cutting them earlier this month aside from the tuft of hair I cut yesterday to make them look less choppy side-swept.

My bangs are usually rather short and thick, fading into lots of face framing. They are currently poking me in the eyes and driving me crazy, they try to part in the center, but the rest of my hair naturally parts off center The process is already driving me crazy… and I love the look of bangs, I just need to try growing them out for some reason right now. This is the longest my hair has ever been while having bangs, and I wonder if the overall haircut will look better if I grow them at least to a curtain bang length. I hope the hairs remember how to part at some point!
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    22/22/26
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Bumping this up because I've had it with my bangs so I'm growing them out. It's going to be a long haul as they're blunt. I'm going to side sweep them for now.