Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Where has your long hair gotten caught into ?

Length
    24/24.25/38
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Re: Where has your long hair gotten caught into ?

I used to be on this board years ago before I got divorced and, around the same time, chopped off my ftl hair to do the vintage pin curl thing on the daily.

Mid last week I hopped back on here looking for hair toy links and spruced up my profile because I'm back and I'm growing to tailbone this time around.

Friday on the way home from the doctor I shut my apl hair in the car door for the first time in years and I had a little bit of nostalgia and knew I had to post about it on here.
    buzz/ear/chin/shoulder/APL/BSL/waist/tailbone

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Mine gets caught in my car's seatbelt and also in my purse strap.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Twice in people's hand. They give me a hug because I'm going through a lot right now and then their hand keeps sticking in my curls and they jank my hair from my scalp. I can't be angry, they are sweeties.

My boyfriend rubs my hair against my clothes when hugging me, still haven't got the guts to make him hair conscious, I want him to hug me freely. One hair anxious person in the relationship is enough.
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic (dec25)
    Last trim: 31 jan 23 h Tailbone september 23 (unstretched decmbr)- low porosity hair

Length
    Neck/Waist/Knee

I was at the dentist and they needed to X-ray my teeth.... To do that they place a padded mat kind of thing over my chest and they secure it in place with velcro. Naturally some hair got caught in the velcro, fortunately just a few strands I think. The technician was at first horrified that she'd yanked out some of my hair, and then oddly fascinated that the hairs were 30 inches long!

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I was at the dentist and they needed to X-ray my teeth.... To do that they place a padded mat kind of thing over my chest and they secure it in place with velcro. Naturally some hair got caught in the velcro, fortunately just a few strands I think. The technician was at first horrified that she'd yanked out some of my hair, and then oddly fascinated that the hairs were 30 inches long!
    That's a lead vest. To keep errant x-rays from passing through your torso.

I had a similar experience recently with a surgeon. They had to do remove some tissue off the top of my ear, and it was a trial and error process. Between each trial, they would bandage me up since it was like a 20+ minute wait, and my whispy hair on my temple kept getting in the way of the tape. Even after getting home and doing at home bandage changes, it was a PITA dealing with hair getting caught in the tape constantly :\

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Mine just got caught in the hose reel while watering my plants this evening. I had it in a braid and was looking at my neighbor's dog while winding the hose and my braid rolled up under the hose until it pulled and I stopped. Last week I wore it down for a date with hubby (he loves it down) and as I was closing the car door the wind sucked some of my hair out and I shut it on it unknowingly. Ripped out quit a few strands when I leaned over to put my purse in the backseat ugh. I dropped the wad of pulled out hair on my husband's lap and said this is why I wear it up all the time!
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    Buzz/Hip/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Leaf blower! So dangerous for long hair.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

The gold ring gifted by my late grandmother, I want the ring to stay on my finger forever in memory of her. I hope I can reshape it though.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; August 4th, 2022 at 05:33 PM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

The thorns of a rose bush while weeding! It was in a bun but they got me from above.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    Buzz/Hip/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    The thorns of a rose bush while weeding! It was in a bun but they got me from above.
    Ouch! This happens to me, too! My hair gets caught on all kinds of plants in the garden, bunned or not.