Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Calia!

Length
    ~Chin/TBL+/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: Calia!

So...it seems like the new conditioner formulation doesn't really provide enough moisture for my hair. I don't really recommend it anymore. (I switched to Biolage hydrasource conditioning balm, and my hair feels silky, moisturized, and just worlds better.)
    ~Bleach-free from April 2018~*~No trimming~

Thanks to everyone for the information! I had bought the Hydrating combo, including leave-in conditioner, and when I tried them, they were very drying. I imagine I may like my hair a bit less squeaky-clean-dry compared to some people (fine, straight hair). When I use that combo (who knows how well I did it), my hair afterwards was frizzy and brittle-feeling. I probably oiled before. Since then I went back to doing a combination of rhassoul, amla, shikakai with aloe vera juice (really, really helps me).

Hearing what some of you are saying, I wonder if the hydrating shampoo is more drying than other types. Also, I'm wondering if maybe the lavender oil has to do with it based on one comment here. I'll have to learn more... I wish that this could work for when I really need a quick wash (doing a hair mask type wash takes longer, and it isn't always getting my oil out, which I'm trying to figure out). Eggs work (with some moisturising things added), of course, but I hear I shouldn't do that every week or especially few days, so I will do it only sometimes.

Also FYI if anyone has ideas, I'm having scalp issues where after a few days after a wash, I have dandruff buildup and my scalp starts to get a bit itchy (not anything extreme). Hair seems to fall out way, way faster at that point. I feel like I'm getting thinner hair. I am under the impression after reading Nightblooming's stuff that maybe I should be washing more often, but I don't always get to it (lazy me). I have ideas to try, but they head in all directions and I do have to figure out a good way to get oil off (because I like how oiling affects my hair).

Anyone try mixing Calia shampoo with other ingredients to make it less harsh? I came here from searching what people might mix with it, like amla, aloe vera (juice or powder), anything else that might be strengthening and moisturising. I don't know that amla actually is, but aloe vera juice seems to help with the things I've put on my hair, wonderfully. I have heard of people mixing shampoos with other things to change properties, so if anyone has wisdom in this, I'd love to hear. I don't want to waste the bottles of Calia stuff I got...

Length
    PX/CL/KL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

It's ironic that this thread popped up, because just yesterday I was thinking about this brand and buying some to try myself. (There's a website called Be Genki that sells Calia if you're Australian and want to try it!) But in reading what's been said, I'm not so sure I will now. If I did, I would've bought the purifying line because it's supposed to be, well, purifying, but if I have to worry about hard water build-up after time because the shampoo isn't formulated to remove it, and the conditioners aren't actually conditioning, then that's a hard pass for me. I've dealt with some very unpleasant and damaging effects of hard water build-up (it was destroying my hair), and I'll never subject myself to anything like that again. There also seems to be some rather alarming hints that they're not honest with what's in their ingredients list? That's kinda shady if you ask me.
    ~~ Classic ~~ Fingertip ~~ Knee ~~ ? ~~