Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: At what length do you think/find that your hair is/would be unmanageable for you?

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Default Re: At what length do you think/find that your hair is/would be unmanageable for you?

My hair is baby fine, thin, and I'm in poor health. I'm unsure whether it will even make it to my pre-LHC terminal of tailbone. But assuming it will grow longer - I think classic would be my limit personally. I just haven't the energy ir strength anymore to deal with it longer than that.

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Default Re: At what length do you think/find that your hair is/would be unmanageable for you?

Anything beyond BCL is just tooo much for me. I workout about six days a week, my takes hours to dry, dogs try to eat it, husband claims its in his face ... and this is with my current hair length (APLish) besides I think anything BCL isn't flattering for me anyway

Length
    Ears/APL/BCL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Although I have never had hair past BSL, I am aiming for WL. That being said, I am in the Army, and I dont think that it would be manageable for me any longer that WL!! My sister has hip length hair and is in the Air Force, and it takes her forever to get ready in the morning, and she uses a TON of products to keep it back and looking professional in her buns, and the products really do a number on the thickness of her hair, which has become much thinner since she joined 5 or so years ago. I just dont think I have the patience for that, and I abhor styling products outside of a little oil or leave in conditioner.... So WL is probably my manageability limit until I get out of the service (way down the road!).

Tropical Longhaired Ninfa sally_neuf's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/23'/Waist
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I got quite annoyed at hip- had to cut back to waist before chopping it all off under stress!
    Thanks for the BSL Santa! Now, Can I ask for waist on 2011? <--- This siggy is so old I don't even want to change it.
    https://caravanacornelia.blogspot.com/ A blog of random things

Length
    13-15/29/32-40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Weird, I find that even hip-length straight is more manageable than waist; hip-length waves would be the same at least. Maybe since my hair's so thick, waist-length was barely manageable for me.
    Length: Hip-length waves (May 2014) || Optional: TBL - Classic

Lady Ursa, Daughter of the Sea, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    pixie/43/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Once my hair got past knee I could no longer braid it in any reasonable amount of time. It now is on the floor when washing, which bothered me at first, but I am used to it now. The trick is to avoid stepping on it. I wouldn't call it unmanageable yet, because it grows so slowly I get used to new length bit by bit.

Length
    15"/39.2"/42"CL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Mine is halfway between TB and classic and it is definitely less manageable than it was -I find it harder to do intricate styles which I used to love doing. I also wear it down less often because it gets everywhere. But washing it hasn't really changed, nor does it take up any more of my time on a daily basis. I can no longer imagine it any longer than classic though. But it is true that your routine changes as your hair grows. I have a great sleep routine for example, my hair goes up in a topknot and I forget about it because it's so light it feels like I have short hair.

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I think for me it would be somewhere in the mid thigh to knee range. At that point it would be much to hard for me to manage washing, drying, and protective styling. I feel at that length even my modest thickness and density i would start having weight issues with buns and even braided it would be too long to tuck a braid down my shirt to protect it and keep it out of the way

Length
    6/32/34
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I think for me it would be anything too long to fit under my swimming cap(thank the Gods/Speedo XD for long hair caps). I haven't been swimming lately though, and I'm at waist(barely). My goal would be TBL, but idk how that will work out. Fingertip fascinates me, but I think that would be too long, especially for working out/swimming etc. That said, my hair isn't nearly as thick as it used to be(now the circumference of my ponytail is 3.5, and it used to be 5.5), and I'm guessing it wouldn't be manageable at all(for me) with that

Quote Originally Posted by Flor View Post
    I need proof. Assuming by BSL you mean the bottom of bra band, I don't believe one's hair can grow that much in 5 months. Unless you're wearing one very wrong size bra and it's riding up on the back like nobody's business. Also, I tend to see questions like that as not-so-subtle bragging.
    Sorry, not sorry
    ^Let the kid brag :P Maybe her measuring isn't exactly accurate, but it's hard to get them to be accurate, especially when there's no one to help you with it. I'd say if she's measuring her roots, she's probably right; I remember when I first started growing my hair, it grew from mid-neck to just past collarbone(that's more than or around 3 inches I guess) in 5-6 months(from August to around January) , and I remember that because I had a bob haircut and I had to cut the longest hairs back to midneck and I was really upset. After that, my growth kind of stalled for a while(I had health problems).

Monday you can fall apart; Tuesday, Wednesday, break my ,
    Thursday doesn't even start; it's Friday, I'm in love!

Length
    6/32/34
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I think for me it would be anything too long to fit under my swimming cap(thank the Gods/Speedo XD for long hair caps). I haven't been swimming lately though, and I'm at waist(barely). My goal would be TBL, but idk how that will work out. Fingertip fascinates me, but I think that would be too long, especially for working out/swimming etc. That said, my hair isn't nearly as thick as it used to be(now the circumference of my ponytail is 3.5, and it used to be 5.5), and I'm guessing it wouldn't be manageable at all(for me) with that

Quote Originally Posted by Flor View Post
    I need proof. Assuming by BSL you mean the bottom of bra band, I don't believe one's hair can grow that much in 5 months. Unless you're wearing one very wrong size bra and it's riding up on the back like nobody's business. Also, I tend to see questions like that as not-so-subtle bragging.
    Sorry, not sorry
    ^Let the kid brag :P Maybe her measuring isn't exactly accurate, but it's hard to get them to be accurate, especially when there's no one to help you with it. I'd say if she's measuring her roots, she's probably right; I remember when I first started growing my hair, it grew from mid-neck to just past collarbone(that's more than or around 3 inches I guess) in 5-6 months(from August to around January) , and I remember that because I had a bob haircut and I had to cut the longest hairs back to midneck and I was really upset. After that, my growth kind of stalled for a while(I had health problems).

Monday you can fall apart; Tuesday, Wednesday, break my ,
    Thursday doesn't even start; it's Friday, I'm in love!