Page 599 of 1600 FirstFirst ... 9949954958959759859960060160964969910991599 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 15994

Thread: Midback | Waist

Length
    16/21/30
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

Ugh, my hair is growing slowly now. It's been growing only 0.4" a month the last few months. I usually get 0.5. It probably seasonal but I wanna get to waist sooooooon! It better speed up in the spring!
    Growing my natural hair color since 1st of July 2016.

SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL

Length
    ear/CB/WL:31
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Denebi View Post
    Hi there!

I think, I reached waist... again:

(brushed bun waves, red temporary dye, and rather thin ends)

The hemline is a mess. So I'm probably going to maintain the length for a while to thicken up a bit. What do you think?

That's what I'm planning on doing once I hit waist, so I'm inclined to say that's a good idea. Your ends only look thin at the very bottom, so you probably won't have to trim/maintain for more than a few months.

My hemline is absolutely awful, and totally uneven, but I'm only halfway between BSL and MBL. No idea what to do. I'm inclined to just continue with my benign neglect and just not worry about it until waist. The idea of cutting, even to trim, gives me the willies :
    ***2a/b, 4.75"**Arctic Fox => pink***
    ~chin~shoulder~collarbone~armpit~brastrap~waist~

Length
    chin/apl+/elbow
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sharysa View Post
    Ligeia, what climates were your original place and the place you moved to? I might be able to figure out some of the problem.

Also, a good scalp massage somehow (with a brush/comb or with your hands) should help cut down on the itchiness. If you have an oily scalp like mine, though, you might need to wash your hands afterward.
    Oh, thanks! Well, I moved from a big city up north that hardly ever sees rain to an freezing island where it rains every day, and is SO damp, if that helps at all. I think the problem might actually be that the water in the city was a lot harsher and had more chemicals, so it kept my hair cleaner for longer. I think we get our water from up the mountain now.

I've tried massaging my scalp but that just maked me want to scratch the hell out of it :/
    shoulder - apl - bsl - WAIST - elbow
    Calaelen rocks my socks

Length
    11"/26"/???

I'd like to join this challenge. I'm closing in on my initial goal and this thread should help me stay consistent this year. I've got about 3 - 3 1/2 inches to get to WL and this could be the year I get there for the first time in my life, provided I stay away from the scissors.

I'm just going to ignore my hemline for a while, (I wear my hair up most of the time anyway) and then maintain at waist for at least 6 months before I decide to grow any further.

So I had to cut about an inch of my hair...the longest is still at BSL though...well atleast I don't have any split ends anymore... I also dyed it to my natural colour so I can just let it grow and be pampered by oils and honey from now on. A Ficcare clip is on it's way too...this forum is dangerous eehehehee... !
    Elen síla lúmenn ´Omentielvo
    sl***APL***bsl***wl***hip

Length
    10 in/32 in/??
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

I think I am at waist right now. Sorry for the shoddy picture.

I really don't know how far I am going with my hair yet, but I know I prefer it long over short being there are days I want to play with it :P

I'll post an update later to day since my hair was a mess in that one. I just finished clarifying and an all night conditioner/oil treatment. Hopefully my ends will look less fried.
    Last edited by writer_mom; February 25th, 2013 at 06:09 AM.

Length
    10 in/32 in/??
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Update: My hair fixed . It is a bit more relaxed now but feeling better. I almost thing I am close to hip length now.

Length
    BSL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

The longer layers seems to totally touch hips! Your hair looks great

Length
    10 in/32 in/??
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Thank you.

I have a cross between an oblong and oval face, so layers are a must for me if I am going to have long hair. Without them done right, I get (my term here) the horse face look.

Length
    14"/32"/39"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I'm super excited to join this thread!

When I trimmed my splits a little over a week ago, I found myself still at 26", which is BSL on me. It took me 9 months to grow just the 3" from APL, so I'm really hoping the damage control, combined with healthier hair habits and regular castor oil scalp massages, will mean the 3.5" to Waist will go a little faster. I'm hoping for .5" per month, which would put me at Waist in mid-September.

This is a really exciting stage for me, because Waist was the longest my hair has ever been. It hasn't been there since I was like 12 (same height as now), though it was there for much of my childhood. It had gotten to mid-back before I chopped it to my shoulder when I was 17, then earlobe at 18.

I can't wait to get back to Waist!!! When I get there, I plan to trim and maintain for a while to grow out my layers.

Here's my hair a week ago:

Dedicated to a free, natural, interconnected, regenerative lifestyle of curiosity & adventure
    Finally at Waist... with a few hairs, anyway. Slowly snipping now!