Page 565 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 6546551555556356456556656757561566510651565 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 17398

Thread: The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Length
    0-2/37/42
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Default Re: The Flexi-8 Thread

It looks gorgeous in your hair, KittyBird!

I'm so happy I found this thread. I have barely ever seen anything as beautiful as the Flexi8s. I bought four of them yesterday, I hope they'll arrive soon. Three in L and one in M.

compulsive stuff-maker walterSCAN's Avatar
    Length
    15"/~TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I have a couple questions for all of you Flexi owners...

First question-- I'm thinking of getting one of these eventually (mostly just window-shopping now, no funds ) but I'm not positive what size I should be looking at. Their sizing guide seems to be geared more toward non-LHCers and isn't that helpful to me. If I get one, I know I'll only be doing buns with it (LWB, nautilus, Shell's everyday knot) so I don't feel like my pony circumference is terribly relevant, but it's ~3.5" if it helps. For hairsticks I need an absolute minimum 6" functional length (6" sticks sometimes get a little lost in my hair, but they work). I just measured the bun I'm wearing at 5.75" wide, which leads me to believe the XL would be a little small for my purposes since the pin is 5.25" and I think I read somewhere that the '8' part is slightly shorter than the pin? Do you think a mega would be right for me, or am I thinking about this wrong somehow?

Second question-- how often do they change their styles/ do they accept requests to make a certain style in a different size?

TIA for your help! Also I love looking through all of the gorgeous action shots in this thread, you all have such lovely hair!

Edit: Answered my own question... I should have clicked 'contact us' before posting! (ignore the struck-through text)
    Last edited by walterSCAN; February 6th, 2014 at 10:09 AM.

(hennahead)

Length
    Bob/FTL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I agree that the XL would likely be too small for you. My hair is 3" and just above tailbone length and XLs are a bit too small for me for non-center-held buns.
    Also, they do make styles in other sizes even if they're not on the website, but they get treated as "custom" - you have to pay for the size difference and a 5$ custom fee.

Quote Originally Posted by walterSCAN View Post
    I have a couple questions for all of you Flexi owners...

First question-- I'm thinking of getting one of these eventually (mostly just window-shopping now, no funds ) but I'm not positive what size I should be looking at. Their sizing guide seems to be geared more toward non-LHCers and isn't that helpful to me. If I get one, I know I'll only be doing buns with it (LWB, nautilus, Shell's everyday knot) so I don't feel like my pony circumference is terribly relevant, but it's ~3.5" if it helps. For hairsticks I need an absolute minimum 6" functional length (6" sticks sometimes get a little lost in my hair, but they work). I just measured the bun I'm wearing at 5.75" wide, which leads me to believe the XL would be a little small for my purposes since the pin is 5.25" and I think I read somewhere that the '8' part is slightly shorter than the pin? Do you think a mega would be right for me, or am I thinking about this wrong somehow?

Second question-- how often do they change their styles/ do they accept requests to make a certain style in a different size?

TIA for your help! Also I love looking through all of the gorgeous action shots in this thread, you all have such lovely hair!
    Last edited by Valkyriejae; February 6th, 2014 at 09:59 AM.

Length
    MBL/to/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyriejae View Post
    I agree that the XL would likely be too small for you. My hair is 3" and just above tailbone length and XLs are a bit too small for me for non-center-held buns.
    Also, they do make styles in other sizes even if they're not on the website, but they get treated as "custom" - you have to pay for the size difference and a 5$ custom fee.
    Does that mean if you are in between a large and extra large they can make one within that size rage?

Life's short...Buy the hair toy...

compulsive stuff-maker walterSCAN's Avatar
    Length
    15"/~TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sourgrl View Post
    Does that mean if you are in between a large and extra large they can make one within that size rage?
    From what I'm reading, I don't think so. It looks like you can only order within the sizes they already have. Totally hypothetical example: if I wanted one with an owl centerpiece but they only made those in M, I could custom order it in XL or mega.

Can anyone confirm?

(hennahead)

Length
    30.31/39.76/41
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I don't know but my circumference is nearly the same as yours and a XL fits perfectly in a LWB, nautilus etc. I ordered a mega flexi but if I'm not wearing a sock bun it's too big.
    type: 1b Mii - length: 106 cm / 41.7" - braid circumference: 8,5 cm / 3.3" - color: chamaeleonblond - aim: classic length

Length
    Bob/FTL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I can confirm - the pins sizes are fixed. You can only get the XS,S,M,L, XL, and Mega pins.
    You can however vary up the size of the beading - you could make a "custom" order that would have more beads than a standard XL/L/whatever or ask that the mega-size* beading be put on an XL size pin (I'm in the process of doing this right now, cause the mega pin is too big for me, but the beading size would be perfect with an XL pin) but again, they charge you for custom if you do that...

ETA - i'm using mega and xl as examples, but you could do whatever size beading on whatever size pin, XL beading on a M pin if you wanted, it jsut costs more money ><

Quote Originally Posted by walterSCAN View Post
    From what I'm reading, I don't think so. It looks like you can only order within the sizes they already have. Totally hypothetical example: if I wanted one with an owl centerpiece but they only made those in M, I could custom order it in XL or mega.

Can anyone confirm?
    Last edited by Valkyriejae; February 6th, 2014 at 11:17 AM.

Length
    MBL/to/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Thank you for the info, Valkyriejae. That sounds like it would give you a little room to work with.

Life's short...Buy the hair toy...

Length
    Bob/FTL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

On a note unrelated to sizing, has anyone heard anything more about the re-release of Flitter Into Fall? I'd heard it was supposed to come out in January, then the other former FOTMs were released but FIF was "delayed." I asked the people at Lilla rose and they just said that can't say anything about whether it's even being re-released...
    So yeah, has anyone's consultant let anything slip about when we can expect to see it? xD

Length
    0-2/37/42
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

I was wondering the same thing, Valkyriejae! If it would've been available when I ordered, I definitely would've chosen it before at least one of the others I ended up picking.