Page 524 of 529 FirstFirst ... 24424474514522523524525526 ... LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

I looked up the list of honey, but, in my country we have our honey or from countries around. So, can someone put picture or explain how honey should look like and what it needs to contain in ingredients? In our country manu people mix sugar (caramelized it) with honey and say it is true honey...

I would like to lighten indigo on my ends to brown shade or medium brown, so i can use mix of henna, cassia and other powders all over my head. I don't want to my ends go more darker than the rest of my hair.

I’m trying this right now! Will report in later with results if there are any.
    I’m doing the standard ratios (1/6),
    So 2tbsp honey and 12 tbsp distilled water with 1 tbsp coumarin (I’m sensitive to cinnamon). Let it develop for an hour and have it on my head with plastic wrap and a moist towel over top now.

I’m trying to lighten up some staining from herbal washing. I LOVE what Amla and Shikaki do for my hair but I’m NOT a fan of the dulling. The winter darkness isn’t helping. Here’s hoping for maybe a return to a more coppery strawberry color from my fuller tarnished color I’m rocking right now :P (I think it’s actually a pretty color but it’s so not me! I don’t have any current pics that show the darkening but if the honey treatment works I’ll post comparisons).

Length
    SL/SL/WL

I am wanting to try to do a honey lightening on my hair tonight. I previously used henna to dye my hair for the last year or so. Towards the end I added indigo into the mix. A month ago I used a box dye (it was a medium brown shade, but looked black on my hair), which I regret. Yesterday I did a deep conditioning with coconut oil, and after shampooing twice afterwards it removed almost all of the boxed dye. I am wanting to try honey and evoo to lighten it some more. How much honey, water, cinnamon, and evoo should I use for hair a little past my shoulders? Also, how long should I leave it on for?

Length
    bob/MB/WL
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by *Summer* View Post
    I am wanting to try to do a honey lightening on my hair tonight. I previously used henna to dye my hair for the last year or so. Towards the end I added indigo into the mix. A month ago I used a box dye (it was a medium brown shade, but looked black on my hair), which I regret. Yesterday I did a deep conditioning with coconut oil, and after shampooing twice afterwards it removed almost all of the boxed dye. I am wanting to try honey and evoo to lighten it some more. How much honey, water, cinnamon, and evoo should I use for hair a little past my shoulders? Also, how long should I leave it on for?
    I would do the basic formula in the top post here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...685#post307685

I recently honey lightened a few strands of hair around my face, but it didn't lighten much -- I will need to do it again to see much. I found that adding cinnamon put a nice copper red tinge in it. I used 1 tablespoon honey, 6 tablespoons distilled water, one tablespoon EVOO and half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon.

I think I'll omit the cinnamon next time or use less. It was messy to work with and messy to wash out. And, my hair hates olive oil, so I might try the cardamom oil instead for a lightening booster.
    Last edited by tangocurl; March 14th, 2018 at 02:23 PM.

Lady Tangocurl of the Scepter-Twined Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Currently BSL in the back when stretched, and a couple inches shy of BSL in the front. Very basic 3a. No cones. No heat styling.

Length
    bob/MB/WL
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Ok...so a long time ago, like 2008, I got pretty fast honey lightening results by mixing honey with olive oil in equal parts, putting a shower cap on with a baseball cap over it and then going for a run on a bright sunny afternoon. It generated a lot of heat. I hated the dripping, and came home after about half an hour to rinse it out. The process was so drippy and unpleasant I have never done it again.

But I used no water in the recipe. What do you all think happened? And I’m wondering how I could do this again without having to run with stuff dripping down my face and into my ears? Perhaps wait for a hot summer day?

Lady Tangocurl of the Scepter-Twined Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Currently BSL in the back when stretched, and a couple inches shy of BSL in the front. Very basic 3a. No cones. No heat styling.

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I'm not very familiar with honey treatments, but love the results I've seen on others However, I live in a very dry climate and so honey treatments leave my hair quite dry, rough, and even somehow frizzy. Not soft or smooth at all This includes the SMT treatment with honey. I wonder if these honey treatments are possible in dry environments. If anyone has ideas, let me know!

Length
    28.35/28.35/35.82
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Hello! Is there anyone who has before & after pictures? I have been browsing this thread in the last few days, but I didn't find anything, tho I clicked through the links mentioned in the first post.

Length
    33/55/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Does anyone know if honey can straighten hair? I've been using a honey conditioner for a while now, could it be affecting my waves?

Length
    15/44/47
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    I wonder if these honey treatments are possible in dry environments. If anyone has ideas, let me know!
    Honey is a humectant, which means it moves moisture from the high humidity side of the hair cortex to the low humidity side. In very dry environments, that means it will draw moisture out of your hair - not good!

In those environments, you’ll want to watch out for other humectants as well. Panthenol may be an issue as well as honey.

Hello! Has anyone tried pine tree honey? I haven't seen it in the successful honeys list but I read somewhere that as a honeydew product it might more peroxyde that conventionnal honey. I used it in what was my 2nd treatment yesterday (about 50g of honey, the new dilution with distilled water, cardamom and EVOO) and I'm still not seeing results. Maybe I just need to be more patient? My hair is dark brown and hennaed.