Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: Is your hair long for religious/spiritual reasons?

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: Is your hair long for religious/spiritual reasons?

No, I just have it because that is me.
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

I grew my hair long simply because I love long hair. But in my religion IF a woman has long tresses of hair that she can arrange ornamentally, it's "a glory to her". But it's not a religious requirement, just a really good thing to have.
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

No. I have grown (and cut) my hair for myself and only for myself.

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

No, I think that growing out a long hair isn't a proof of faith. Doesn't mean that it wouldn't delight God, just that isn't a big deal.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I don't have any religion, I just feel good with long hair, but lately I have been learning about spirituality and Yoga and I think this is beautiful and helps to our energy.

Length
    n/a/35/40+
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Kind of? I've pretty much always had long hair, and I really love it and want to keep it safe. It's not long for religious reasons per say, but the idea of it being anything that could even remotely be considered short feels horribly wrong on a spiritual level.

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I feel more powerful with long hair, and my beliefs are that power comes from within. So yes kinda
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    ?/37/46
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Well, no and also yes for me. I don't really know what to call my religion/beliefs, because it's a weird mashup of Messianic Jewish/Mormon/non-denom Christian (as you can guess, not part of any organized church). There aren't any requirements as in 'you can't cut your hair' or 'all women must have hair at least waist length or as long as they can grow it', but also I believe in the beauty of sexual dimorphism and that I am called to be feminine. I wouldn't want to have a haircut that is so short it comes across as androgynous. I also love having long hair because I can do so much with it, it's generally pretty manageable, and when I leave it down (for special occasions or whatnot) or in a half-up, I get lots of comments and feel pretty. I know that's probably a bit vain, but I wish more women let their hair grow long, because I think it's beautiful, at least most of the time. (If someone's hair is damaged and unhealthy or extremely thin it might not be my cup of tea left long, but you do you, boo.)

I don't think God cares whether or not you prefer short or long hair. I think in terms of hair cut, you can do anything you want to do. I think he likes variety because look at all of the variety of hair textures, natural hair colors, thickness of hair, and eye colors, skin colors, different body heights and shapes, etc.
    That said, I do think he would object to people who dye their hair or use other chemicals on their hair that drastically alter it (not chemicals that just clean like shampoo etc and even these can be damaging if you overuse them) or stuff like piercing any part of the body or getting tattoos. The same way he would object to eating any junk food or animal foods. It just isn't healthy to do those things. It is DAMAGE and that's why the body tries to heal piercings (until they scar) and tries to break down the ink in tattoos to remove it from the skin, and pushes the chemicals out of hair over time. The body is trying to heal itself from something it knows is damaging and not supposed to be there.

I do have basic pierced ears myself because I want to be able to wear jewelry on the rare occasion, but I know it's not what God really wants. Same way I sometimes eat vegan junk food even tho I know God would prefer I eat 100% unprocessed vegan food at all times.

Length
    44/55/knie
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I'm not religious at all and I let my hair grow long as soon as I was allowed by my mother, who was of the opinion, I wouldn't care for it properly. Actually that time I thought it useless to comb short hair. That changed immediately as soon as I realized that my hair is really free to grow as long as I want. I always wanted to have very long hair, I still want and I'm happy I could in the wake of all the people who want too, but it is just not in their genes no matter what they try. I really feel blessed by my possible hair length, color and structure.