Page 52 of 270 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Length
    ?/hip/tbl
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

I have ordered quite a few items from Ron (ebay and etsy stores) and have only received feedback for one item. I dont mind.....I just guessed as the feedback part of the sale is optional, he had opted out.
    I placed my last order 23rd July and it did not arrive until mid September! I am an international buyer and was rather worried my items had got lost. No reply to my emails either. I hope your order will arrive soon. His work really is fantastic.

Length
    16/50+/?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Well - what happened to me is that my summer order of a pair of hairsticks and one other hairstick did get lost - never turned up..we tried to track it, but it's a catch-22 when it comes to USPS postal tracking. I'm in Canada - it made it to a Quebec postal station and apparently didn't make it past there! It was very frustrating and a terrible loss to boot. (So I blame it, God forbid on the Canadian postal system.)
    So months past, I bit the bullet again - ordered more..and thru my many convos, etc. with Ron, we decided my next order (and yes his work is so good, I dared to take the gamble again), after our collective thoughts and some of his research, it wd be the best for him to send thru Priority Post (costing $12.00 or three orders at $4.00 ea. shipping cost) in order for it to be truly trackable.
    So that's what I did - I fretted still that it wouldn't make it..but it did, thank goodness!
    The long and short of it is that Ron has discovered the way to make sure a Canadian order makes it to its destination..
    It doesn't take too much prodding for the hairtoy-addicted to order more "must-haves", especially for his workmanship.
    Now even after all that, the absurd thing is that the lengths were not what I requested for the orders..but they weren't too far off, so I'll live with that. But a word to the wise - make sure you emphasize over and over, and I guess once again your desired working-length! Not sure each email is reviewed..I think he must be a very busy guy..and must not cut them 'til just before they're sent.

Length
    22/31/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by elianne View Post
    Yes, Ron is pretty terrible at customer service. (He makes up for it in craftsmanship though, sigh.) He's been really backed up with orders lately so they're taking longer than normal... I think I received my sticks on the 3rd (potentially 4th?) week after I ordered. I'd expect that your orders will arrive this coming week!
    I guess I will wait. If it takes three weeks it will arrive on the 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    I think we ordered ours on the same day, and I *JUST* got an email from him saying mine have been shipped, so I expect they will arrive within the next week (I was getting worried too, I guess he's just busy)
    I haven't received an email... I didn't even request a custom length whatever the fork is already cut to is what I am getting.

I guess I don't understand why it would take so long just to pack it in a box and ship.

Well I am glad yours is already shipping!

Length
    16/50+/?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

"I guess I don't understand why it would take so long just to pack it in a box and ship."

I agree - that was a puzzle to me too..and I have to say, people have sent me packages from all over the world thru the postal system and fortunately I always receive them promptly safe and sound. This is what leads me to think that the place of origin is at fault, although Ron says he trusts his post office implicitly. Go figure.

If you have a large enough bun, some of the curved forks might hide. I have three-inch curved anchor pins (I asked if he made them, so he tried it -- don't think those are going to become a standard item, though, unless other people start asking about them), and one of them will hold my bun and pretty much hide if I position it right. I don't mind a little gleam of metal somewhere -- I mostly got them to have an option that won't poke anybody. I wear two because with the length so close to the bun diameter, it's not entirely secure. I imagine for somebody with more hair, a four-inch curved combo might work similarly.

--Um, oops. I was reading the discussion of whether the forks would hide in your hair from a couple days ago and forgot I wasn't actually on the last page.

Length
    22/31/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by longinthehair View Post
    "I guess I don't understand why it would take so long just to pack it in a box and ship."

I agree - that was a puzzle to me too..and I have to say, people have sent me packages from all over the world thru the postal system and fortunately I always receive them promptly safe and sound. This is what leads me to think that the place of origin is at fault, although Ron says he trusts his post office implicitly. Go figure.
    I know. I think perhaps he needs to look within.

His post office is probably fine.

I have never had any issues with etsy sellers and I have been on there since 2007. Usually when I buy something I don't even message the seller unless I have a question that isn't answered in either the shop policies or the items listing.

I finally got a response from him, I messaged him a second time because I was irritated.

I figured he was just taking his time and doing his usual customer service. If I wasn't on LHC and hadn't been able to talk to others about what he was like I would have been sure that my item was lost in the mail or the seller was a fraud. So that made me decide to message him again. I dislike being ignored.

As it was I still wasn't sure that it had even been shipped or wasn't lost. My spam filter is off and I went through all of my emails and never received any type of shipping notice.

Hi,
    I messaged you on the 19th. I haven't received a response or any type of shipping notice. If I don't receive some kind of acknowledgment by Tuesday I am going to report to etsy a non delivery of goods and request a paypal refund.

If you are having issues or are more busy than usual I understand. Your shop notice says it usually takes around ten days to ship so my concern right now is that my goods were lost in the mail.

Thank you,

XXXXXXXXX

He responded within two hours.

Personally I felt his response was patronizing but maybe he's just on my bad side right now so I am biased.

According to him I was sent a shipping notice... it's funny that I can get shipping notices from every other seller on etsy and through the swap board no problem. But with him their is some kind of malfunction.

Oh well what's done is done and I will just need to keep his ways of dealing with customers in mind for future orders, if I ever order again.

I'll be sure to show action photos when I get my pretty fork too!

Type
    1a/F/M/ii/iii

Did anyone here get the four-pronged (I think it was four, but it might have been five) Quatro fork that he put up on Etsy not long ago? I was drooling over that, but I couldn't afford it, so I'm hoping someone here got it so I can get some action pics...

Edit: I meant this fork; http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.105543204.jpg
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who do not believe in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl

Length
    10/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Liave Ekeli View Post
    Did anyone here get the four-pronged (I think it was four, but it might have been five) Quatro fork that he put up on Etsy not long ago?
    I did . I already got another four prong from him (see my album for pics) that I love, so I really could not resist...
    On ne naît pas femme, on le devient.
    - One is not born a woman, one becomes one -

Simone de Beauvoir

Type
    1a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona_Fosca View Post
    I did . I already got another four prong from him (see my album for pics) that I love, so I really could not resist...
    Yay! I'm glad it went to another LHCer. Your other Quatro fork looked absolutely gorgeous - I can see why you couldn't resist
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who do not believe in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl

Length
    22/31/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I got my quattro toy and I am pretty useless at taking pics of the back of my head so forgive the quality! I have plenty of room to grow into it, once I grow another six inches I will probably be a bit happier with the length but it's definitely a beautiful, well made item!