Page 52 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354621021525521052 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    18/22.5/36+
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

I'm trying to hold out measuring until Oct 1st. I have no idea how fast my hair grows, but I know it's not fast enough!! haha

Length
    7/BSL/IDK
    Type
    1b/F/ii

tigr, I could do that, but APL isn't a great length for styling for me. My hair is so slippery, it stays down too often, braided or in a ponytail. I want to do some of the beautiful updos I see here.

Length
    Pixie/3"/20"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tigr View Post
    I'm declaring myself officially at shoulder length and joining this thread.

Because I have sloping shoulders, I'll be here for a loooong time...
    Gosh, me too, it's dreadful :/
    (my shoulders also slope)
    Last edited by sunshine-locks; October 3rd, 2010 at 04:33 AM.
    .. with biscuit skin and hair as long as the sound of honey..
    Pixie Chin Shoulder APL BSL Waist!

Length
    Chin/TBL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

finally reached APL! only took a year from chin woo! now to learn some updos....

Length
    18/22.5/36+
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

How many inches does everyone have to go before they hit APL? I just looked in the mirror and I'd say I have about 2....

Length
    20.5"/25"/32"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

I'm between shoulder and APL at the moment, I STILL have yet to measure my hair (can't find a tape measure) so I guesstimated on my measurements XD. My goal is waist length, but APL is my minigoal as that means I'm about halfway there. My hair generally grows quickly, probably about between 1/2"-3/4" a month, if I treat it nicely... so I hope it doesn't take forever XD.

Length
    Bob/Waist/CL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I'm happy. Today I was able to do 2 french braids on my shoulder length hair! They aren't perfect, because of the layers and spiky hair, but anyway! I missed braids!
    *pictures later. I'm at work and I don't have my camera here

Length
    ?/20"/?
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

I have about an inch/inch and a half to go before I reach APL (unless I throw my head back!). It is below shoulder length (20") but I just measured it for the first time at the end of August. It was cut much shorter than I wanted in June, just skimming my shoulders, and it has grown a couple of inches since then. At that rate I *should* reach APL by the holidays. The chin - APL is pretty easy for me (I've done it over and over), but APL - BSL seems to take forever.
    My hair is very thick and pretty coarse and it tends to break all the "thick hair" barrettes, combs, elastics, etc. from mainstream outlets. The only things that really hold it are large Ficcares and Grahtoe hair forks with at least 4.5" functional prongs. I have several pairs of Mei Fa hair sticks, but my hair has escape artist tendencies and the sticks alone are not enough to hold it securely. I mostly use them as "helpers" or decoration in messy buns I've made with a "scrunchie" (I use cut out sections of tights). It is also blunt cut straight across which looks pretty when it is down and straight, but that blunt end isn't very easy to work with in an up-do. Looking forward to more natural ends as it grows.
    If you don't believe there's a price for this sweet paradise, just remind me to show you the scars. -Bob Dylan

Hmm, I don't know if I've really seen any growth since I joined. I think my hair is at that point where what actually grew is still getting caught up in my neck/shoulders and not actually showing the real length. WHATEVER.

Length
    15"/16.5"/30"+
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I am still reluctent to call mine shoulder length. It is resting at my shoulders but it still looks short. I am still going to post in here cuz soon enough I will officially say it is shoulder length. The way I am feeling - it may be something like forever before I move on to APL. Likely closer to May 2011 at the one year mark of my (horrible) cut. I predict 2 yrs to get back to BSL.... but really, once I get past the point where I am now and my hair "feels" long again, I won't care how long it takes to get to APL, BSL... cuz it just won't be "short" anymore... so, I'm predicting about 6-7 months of growth.... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Growing out from major chop, May 2010. APL now, goal=waist length. NEVER CHOP AGAIN!!!