Page 512 of 541 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 5407

Thread: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

I've not been asked the toilet question yet, but I've mentally prepared myself for it. My answer will be that I'm specifically growing out my hair to wipe my ass with it.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    Maybe not dumbest but certainly ridiculous and irritating
    A little while ago I posted on a Facebook group for wavies, sharing what I thought was a pretty nice GHD.
    I added as usual hashtag #2b/2c for my texture.
    First comment: " I'm glad you're happy with results but its not 2b/2c, its more 2a/2b"
    Next comment : " Its only 2a at the best "

To which I wrote: " Jeez, I will soon learn that my hair is straight..."
    Don't get me wrong, I really don't care what number stands there. My 2c ringlets are not showing much unless my hair gets to certain length. What really upset me that instead of writing something decent about colour or good condition people focus on trying to convince me that my hair is less wavy/curly than I consider it to be
    By the way it was this picture
    Your hair is beautiful. Those groups often classify wavy hair in a different way, I find. Unless you have strong waves from the roots, they'll say you're a 2a. Don't be too upset, it's just their "mentality".

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I've not been asked the toilet question yet, but I've mentally prepared myself for it. My answer will be that I'm specifically growing out my hair to wipe my ass with it.
    Please wear a body cam, because I'm sure we will all want to see that reaction...
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Well, that's about as natural as you can get - zero-waste, infinitely reusable, and you never forget to take it with you ...

(I personally like gossamer's answer I once read, something along the lines of do their clothes get in the way when they go to the toilet? That's about the level of pointing out the stupidity I could manage )
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    10/23+/fun

OMG YLVA.....you are just horrible.....hee hee hee.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Hahaha too good I might steal that

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

This comment wasn’t aimed at me but someone I know. And elderly lady with white virgin thick waist length hair in amazing condition being told her hair is pretty and would look better if she cut it. Im glad she doesn’t care about her friends opinion.
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    This comment wasn’t aimed at me but someone I know. And elderly lady with white virgin thick waist length hair in amazing condition being told her hair is pretty and would look better if she cut it. Im glad she doesn’t care about her friends opinion.
    I'm still completely unable to understand this. Do people go up to their friends: "your makeup looks so pretty today! You should take it off!" or "that outfit looks awesome on you-- you should go put on something else" or "this is the best painting you've ever done; you should paint over it" or "that Bach chorale is awesome; they should cut half of it out" or "that building is so gorgeous! They should demolish it!" or "man this band is awesome together, they should get new members"? I mean, if something is good, then why would you want to change it from what makes it good?
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    10/23+/fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I'm still completely unable to understand this. Do people go up to their friends: "your makeup looks so pretty today! You should take it off!" or "that outfit looks awesome on you-- you should go put on something else" or "this is the best painting you've ever done; you should paint over it" or "that Bach chorale is awesome; they should cut half of it out" or "that building is so gorgeous! They should demolish it!" or "man this band is awesome together, they should get new members"? I mean, if something is good, then why would you want to change it from what makes it good?
    Yes, Kat, This!!!!! guess the logic is not strong in those people.

O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Your hair is beautiful. Those groups often classify wavy hair in a different way, I find. Unless you have strong waves from the roots, they'll say you're a 2a. Don't be too upset, it's just their "mentality".
    Thank you that's nice to hear.
    Well I don't care that much. I already learned anyway that the only place I hear some compliments about my hair is here, on LHC. I'm perfectly happy with that
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights