Page 51 of 715 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

Length
    27/40/57
    Type
    2b/M/C/i/ii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boukje View Post
    hello I have a question for all of you who have are just at classic or just below (or people who remember this stage). Does you hair also sits at classic when you look in the mirror (from the back) but looks nowhere near classic if you look in the mirror sideways? I am one inch away from classic if I look from the back (and I don't tilt my head) but from the side it looks like I am right in the middle between tailbone and classic, how odd is this?
    Hmmm...I suppose this used to happen to me when my hair was layered. These days I'm a bit past classic, so as long as I don't tilt my head, I can see it as such in the mirror.
    Waist - Hip - TBL - Classic - FTL (current) - Knee - Beyond...
    Last measure: August 13, 2016 - 40"

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by boukje View Post
    hello I have a question for all of you who have are just at classic or just below (or people who remember this stage). Does you hair also sits at classic when you look in the mirror (from the back) but looks nowhere near classic if you look in the mirror sideways? I am one inch away from classic if I look from the back (and I don't tilt my head) but from the side it looks like I am right in the middle between tailbone and classic, how odd is this?
    I suspect that would be because of the different angles. Like how when you look at yourself in a full-length mirror certain tops look perfectly modest yet when you look down all you can see is cleavage...

Type
    1c/M/iii

I reached a new all time longest length for my hair. It is at 47 1/2 inches. My goal is 48 inches and then I will decide if I want to go on from there. It seems an akward lengh for me in regards to always being in the way and getting caught underneath me while sleeping. I wear a braid to bed, but it still gets stuck under me and tangled when I toss & turn. Anyone offer any advice/suggestions that has passed this length? I know I had a weird stage between tailbone & classic too, so maybe it will get better as it grows.

Length
    15/26/40+

Gosh, to knee would be a dream and I think it is so rare to see a person with hair that long in real life (these days). I am not sure I have ever seen it, even. So it is nice to see a post dedicated to people around the world giving it a try. Good luck!

Length
    27/Ankle/Floor
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Emerald88, my hair is at 46.5 inches. When I wear a braid to bed, I braid it then tuck it into a high bun. That way it dosen't try to strangle me in my sleep!

Length
    bald/44/50in
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

my hair is nowhere near your length but I worried about my tossing and turning
    I went out and got a sleep cap, I love it! Hair is safe and hardly a tangle in the morning
    last night I braided and put my cap on, this morning my braid looked just like it did when I went to bed! Not a hair sticking out lol!

It's so hard to get my hair to lay straight

Type
    2b/M/iii

@ Emerald

When my hair was 47 inches I wore it in a single braid for sleep..or double braids that were looped.

My hair now is about 41-42 inches and I've found that if I bend at the waist and bring all my hair in front of me, detangle thoroughly, then loosely braid it and pin it in a bun on the top of my head, it is practically tangle free in the morning. I use about 9 3-1/2 crimped hair pins to hold it in place.

I must confess, I couldn't believe the difference between this method, and my decades old favorite of just braiding my hair in two braids. Also, it feels comfortable (no bumps in the bed when turning during sleep..and I'm a restless sleeper).

Type
    1c/M/iii

I have always slept with my hair loose but since finding spin pins (YEAH! My favorite thing this year.. decade?) I might try bunning with spin pins. They are amazing comfortable and two will hold my hair with careful placement.

I have never seen the sense in being uncomfortable while sleeping. I like my sleep waaay too much but spin pins.... they might work.

Length
    27/40/57
    Type
    2b/M/C/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald88 View Post
    I reached a new all time longest length for my hair. It is at 47 1/2 inches. My goal is 48 inches and then I will decide if I want to go on from there. It seems an akward lengh for me in regards to always being in the way and getting caught underneath me while sleeping. I wear a braid to bed, but it still gets stuck under me and tangled when I toss & turn. Anyone offer any advice/suggestions that has passed this length? I know I had a weird stage between tailbone & classic too, so maybe it will get better as it grows.
    Personally I don't move around much when sleeping, so I can just put my hair to one side with no problems. Do you toss and turn much? Maybe wrap it in a silk scarf or something?
    Waist - Hip - TBL - Classic - FTL (current) - Knee - Beyond...
    Last measure: August 13, 2016 - 40"

Length
    12/46/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I've never been able to understand the "bed braid" thing - perhaps because I am a restless back-and-forth side sleeper. The bumps would be a constant irritant, and the length of a braid would get caught up under me. Unless my dry hair is completely bunned on the very top of my head, it gets in the way. I always use a big soft scrunchie to do a top-knot bun right before bedtime. If I shower right before bed, I scooch down in the bed and flop my wet hair up over the top of my pillow and drape it over the side of the bed. That way it's just damp in the morning. But I do vastly prefer to wear it up.

Slow day: Didn't have much to do, so spent three hours on LHC. Busy day: Managed to work in three hours of LHC. Bad day: Barely squeezed in three hours on LHC.