Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Thread: Hairloss Support Thread

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Default Re: Hairloss Support Thread

My update as of now is my shedding is still ongoing...now my seborrheic dermatitis has decided it wants to join in to torture me some more, but that's life and of course family has now emptied my mums bank accounts behind my back and these are the ones who said they would support me through it all but have now blocked me on all social media and ignore calls and texts messages, my mums clothes remain on the floor and all refused to remove them it seems they only wanted her money...very sad if that's all she ever meant to them....

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Oh garnet what a nightmare, I’m so very sorry

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Sorry Garnetgem. I hope you can at least find comfort in that you did your best to do right by her and that in her final moments she was with someone who truly loved her...you.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

I’m sorry Garnetgem

Your mum’s bank accounts should have been frozen, were they in joint names? Is there a solicitor dealing with your mum’s estate?

Please do send me a PM if you would rather chat privately.

I know it isn’t just about money, I’m so sorry you’re going through this with your family. Could you contact Citizens Advice? They might be able to find an organisation that could help you with tidying up your mum’s things. It’s a constant source of distress for you to leave things that way.

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Thank you PM sent.

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I’m sorry Garnetgem

Your mum’s bank accounts should have been frozen, were they in joint names? Is there a solicitor dealing with your mum’s estate?

Please do send me a PM if you would rather chat privately.

I know it isn’t just about money, I’m so sorry you’re going through this with your family. Could you contact Citizens Advice? They might be able to find an organisation that could help you with tidying up your mum’s things. It’s a constant source of distress for you to leave things that way.

Thank you PM sent.

Length
    Short/Short/APL
    Type
    2b/F/i

I'd like to join this thread if I may.

LONG story made short, been thinning since age ~30, tried EVERYTHING over the counter (SO many supplements, products, lifestyle changes, various routines, topical minoxidil, etc), but loss only got worse. I have female pattern AND stress induced chronic telogen effluvium.

At 49 I finally found a wonderful Dermatologist and as of last week started 2 prescription medications: oral minoxidil and spironolactone. It was a hard decision to go on px meds, but at the same time not at all. I don't want to be bald one day and I want hair!

So I'm hopeful the loss will soon stop AND I can regrow a little. I feel soooooo many feelings when I see ladies with thick, luscious long hair. I desperately want long hair myself. I currently have short layered hair (2a/2b, high porosity) that I cannot put up yet. It's too short. PLEASE give me advice how to get through this stage. I feel hopeful, yet hideous at the same time. Usually I'd just cut/trim at this point, into a "style", but I want to persist to long hair!

Length
    24,5/25,5/?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I'd like to join this thread as well. I noticed that my hair has been falling out the past 4-5 years. Actually it started ever since I started caring about my hair. My suspicion is that scalp oiling made my scalp weird, the past 2 years I have very itchy scalp. Additionally I've been vegetarian the last 10 years and had an eating disorder around 8-10 years ago. The stress from the last 5 years had been enormous and my lifestyle has only gotten worse.

Now that I moved out, started a new job, started eating fish again, planing on working out, almost done with school and more knowledgeable about what is healthy for me and what not, I'm hoping that my hair will grow back. I'd say around 30% of my hair is gone and hopefully it will come back.

I recently cut my hair from tailbone length to around bsl, probably even armpit length...

I'm really devastated about it but motivated about the lifestyle changes and hopeful about good results.

I want to start supplementing with iron, vit D, zinc, sometimes magnesium and mayyyybe vitamin A.... I'm not sure yet I'll try to get it from some food...
    I'll probably start supplementing today or tomorrow, and I made a new eating routine.. will let you guys know in a month or so about my update.

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Klalab, sorting out your diet and nutrition is always a good idea, your hair will benefit from it too. But a friendly advice - taking random supplements is never a good idea. At best, you are flushing money through your system without any reason, but at worst, over-supplementation can cause adverse health effects.

The best place to start is to visit your GP, have a blood panel tests done and have your doctor tell you what you are deficient in and how to fix it.

Good luck!
    No length-check challenge: May 2024 - May 2025
    When it's broken, fix it. When it works, don't change it.

My Instagram

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Klalab, best of luck with your hair regrowth. I lost a lot through illness, but it is coming back. A good healthy diet is indeed a key. Getting what you need from food is better than pills if you can manage it.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!