Page 502 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 24024524925005015025035045125526021002 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 13846

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: waist to tailbone

Quote Originally Posted by mariakatija View Post
    Whoops! Looks like I won't be going after all. My mother and father don't really want me to change my hair color and I don't want to cut my hair if I'm not going to dye it.
    mariakatija, shouldn't you have your hair the way you want it rather than the way your parents want it? It IS looking gorgeous though just as it is, I do admit
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Growing back to TBL! &:D LongCurlyTress's Avatar
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Whoops! Looks like I won't be going after all. My mother and father don't really want me to change my hair color and I don't want to cut my hair if I'm not going to dye it.
    Whenever I want to make a big change to my hair, I have to wait two weeks. This usually gets me through the feelings and then I don't do anything but continue with my long term goals of classic or beyond. I have created major regrets with layering, and bangs so I have learned this "two week rule" lesson the hard way. Good luck!

Length
    20APL/17”/More!
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Welcome to all the new Waist-and-beyond-ers!

Just checking in again. I've been very length-obsessed this past month, but I'm trying to make myself wait to measure again until August 1st. Just a few more days to go! I need a microtrim, but I don't want to go any shorter than 34 1/2". I want so badly to get to 36", because then I will have THREE FEET of hair (at least according to the LHC measuring technique), and I will only be 3" away from Tailbone. Sigh. I can be patient...

Happy growing!
    Current length: 17”(ish)—Collarbone. Will be buzzing it short around New Year’s 2018. Ultimate goal: still Terminal.

Length
    chin/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Thank you Sarahlabryrinth! And my parents won't stop me from doing anything with my hair, but in order for there to be peace in the house, I don't like to "defy" them too much. My mother really does not like my hair this long but I'm definitely not cutting it. I am a little easy to push around though. I need to change that about myself.

LongCurlyTress: I love the two week rule! My issue is that I'm visiting family in Europe in a few days as well and for 3 weeks! Well, I could get my hair done there... It's hard for me to see an end point for my hair because I really don't know how long my hair will grow and whether I'd even like it that long. This makes sense in my head lol but I'd hate to be super dogmatic about my hair. I still have 4 days to think about going to the salon and what I may do.

You all are so supportive on here! I love it. :group hug: I think I'm driving my poor friends crazy talking about my hair.
    Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone | APL | BSL | Waist

Now growing for fun!

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Faery View Post
    Welcome to all the new Waist-and-beyond-ers!

Just checking in again. I've been very length-obsessed this past month, but I'm trying to make myself wait to measure again until August 1st. Just a few more days to go! I need a microtrim, but I don't want to go any shorter than 34 1/2". I want so badly to get to 36", because then I will have THREE FEET of hair (at least according to the LHC measuring technique), and I will only be 3" away from Tailbone. Sigh. I can be patient...

Happy growing!
    I feel your end-of-month impatience. I am right there with you. Good luck on your 36" goal. Hope you reach it soon.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    20APL/17”/More!
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLongLocks View Post
    I feel your end-of-month impatience. I am right there with you. Good luck on your 36" goal. Hope you reach it soon.
    Aww thank you!
    Current length: 17”(ish)—Collarbone. Will be buzzing it short around New Year’s 2018. Ultimate goal: still Terminal.

Growing back to TBL! &:D LongCurlyTress's Avatar
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Thank you Sarahlabryrinth! And my parents won't stop me from doing anything with my hair, but in order for there to be peace in the house, I don't like to "defy" them too much. My mother really does not like my hair this long but I'm definitely not cutting it. I am a little easy to push around though. I need to change that about myself.

LongCurlyTress: I love the two week rule! My issue is that I'm visiting family in Europe in a few days as well and for 3 weeks! Well, I could get my hair done there... It's hard for me to see an end point for my hair because I really don't know how long my hair will grow and whether I'd even like it that long. This makes sense in my head lol but I'd hate to be super dogmatic about my hair. I still have 4 days to think about going to the salon and what I may do.

You all are so supportive on here! I love it. :group hug: I think I'm driving my poor friends crazy talking about my hair.
    You are welcome! Maybe just enjoy your family visiting in Europe and worry about your hair when you get home? Your hair looks really thick and beautiful in your profile pic! Many of us have been exactly where you are. If you want to cut it, it is your choice, but it will be a decision that will last for months or years, but it will grow back! Sometimes indecisiveness is actually a negative decision when you really don't want to do something, but are feeling pressured to do so. No matter what, it is your hair which is a part of your body and you should decide what you want to do with it. Good luck!

Length
    MBL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Thank you for the encouraging words, LauraLongLocks, Crumpet, LongCurlyTress, and Lapushka! You guys make me feel even more excited about getting to tailbone length.

LongCurlyTress, I did the 'chair measurement' and it seems as though my hair has 4 inches to go until it hits the chair/my bumbum. That makes me extremely happy... I think my growth rate is a bit faster than normal, don't know why that is, but my hair has grown extremely fast these past few months. I'll keep updating in order to see how long it'll take for me to get past those 4 inches. Woooohoooooo, excited over here!!!

Edited: I juuuust found a picture from a month ago while digging through my image folders... Please excuse my towel cape. I actually did a little trim right after this picture was taken and it seemed to have evened out my hair enough, but I really don't think I'll be doing that again for a while. It also seems that my hair in this photo is still the same length as it is now (maybe a liiiiittle bit longer). I'm really curious as to how fast my hair is actually growing. I'll be documenting the progress...

Last edited by meliel; July 30th, 2014 at 02:35 PM.

SavedByGraceThroughFaith JadedByEntropy's Avatar
    Length
    52/48/52
    Type
    2a/C/iii

its been a month since my June trim and my growth has 'slowed' progress thanks to said bad decision. -.-
    I'm .5 inch away from My Official Hip Measure of 35" and I'm becoming impatient. I don't want pictures again until I'm there. The landmarks will speed up soon, so this mid-back-abyss cannot last forever, right?

Just noticed: I'll be at Hip by my Birthday

Length
    chin/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Great progress meliel!

So I have decided that I am only going to trim my hair this Saturday. My hair dresser isn't scissor happy so I know she'll take off what is damaged and leave the rest. I think my problem is that I need to trim my hair 4 times a year rather than once a year. I was doing an S&D session and I had too many splits to get rid of by S&D.

Another issue is that I don't wear my hair up all the time and occasionally use heat on it. My hair is not very strong (neither are my nails) so I don't think it can handle heat and daily "evils".

I have to accept that if I want long hair, I will need to wear it up, not use heat on it, not change it's color, and trim it frequently. Yes, this makes me sad but the other options are shorter hair or damaged long hair. I am not happy with these options either.

Edit: A one inch trim four times a year equals only 2 inches of net hair growth per year.
    Last edited by mariakatija; July 30th, 2014 at 04:40 PM.
    Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone | APL | BSL | Waist

Now growing for fun!