Page 501 of 1617 FirstFirst ... 40145149149950050150250351155160110011501 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 16168

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Length
    Pixie/APL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle051 View Post
    my progress after 7 months

You can barely tell that you ever dyed your hair! My natural hair color is similar to yours and I'm also growing out dark/black dye so hopefully mine will look like yours when it grows out

Length
    34/41/50
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Hi i wanted to share my progress... my hair is growing REALLY slow. I didn't use color or so for 18 month now and this is how far i have come:

Rachel J : I have bleached them twice actually ! But they are quite strong.. I have dyied them back to dark color and this is the result your hair looks pretty thick too so I dont think you will have problem with growing them out

sorry for my english :/
    Last edited by Michelle051; March 23rd, 2014 at 01:41 PM.

BlackRedRaven- Bet your hairs looks cool in updos! How did you end up with tri-coloured hair, if I may ask?

Length
    18/29,5/33
    Type
    1b/M/ii

wow, BlackRedRaven you're taking ombre to a completely new level, I LOVE how it looks!!! And I'm seconding the question - how did it happen?
    And I absolutely understand the pain of slowly growing hair :/

SSSLLL - AAAPPPLLL - SSSBBBLLL - MMMBBBLLL - WWWLLL

Length
    34/41/50
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Thank you i dyed my hair black for many years, then i decided to use red dye on the roots which wear growing out for almost 2 years... and after that i used ColorB4 to make the contrast between dyed and natural hair less hard. Well... and now i'm pretty colorful

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hellucy View Post
    Firstly do I now treat/clean my hair using products suited to my natural hair or for my dyed ends? Which would be better?
    And secondly has anyone else found that once their natural hair is all in their ponytail that the circumference has gone down? Like the natural undyed hair is much thinner than the dyed hair was?
    1. I always treated my hair for the bleached parts.

2. Quite the opposite, my virgin hair is about 1/2" thicker in circumference than my bleached hair was. It probably depends on a few things. I think bleach makes hair thinner, possibly dye makes hair thicker?

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    12/29.5/31
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Just realised I didn't update after complaining after the poofy bleached bits. Well I trimmed another 0.75" off (was aiming for 1") and I'm amazed to find that it has made an enormous difference, my hair feels like hair again! I've also switched shampoo and conditioner and *touch wood* so far my ends still feel lovely. I look after it well anyway but I'm making an extra effort to wear it in buns and treat it gently so hopefully it will stay feeling nice.

I'm not sure now whether I will maintain anyway for a while (the layers are so close to being gone!) or if I will cut half my growth, ie. 0.5" every two months. I want the bleach gone but now that my ends feel good again the lure of SBL calls to me...

To all the newcomers, hang in there, the first 6-9 months are the hardest then it starts to really pay off.
    Avatar picture taken on the 1st May 2012, length=17".

Length
    19/19/19
    Type
    1a/M/ii

2 months of growing out dye today. I only have 2 cm of roots, which is a little less than I was hoping for, but at this point it is also a bit hard to measure. Hopefully, the growth will speed up later in the spring and during the summer. Anyway, I still feel a lot better now than in the beginning, as I can finally see my natural color again. I am going to cut my hair from APL to shoulder, so that the process won't feel so painfully slow. Thanks for the kind words palaeoqueen, I think your right about that

Length
    APL/Hip/TBL

11 weeks since giving up the dye and here is my progress.

My roots still look very ashy to me but I'm hoping some sort of colour will emerge the more it grows