Page 5 of 173 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing Out Layers- A place to complain

Length
    22"/28"/32"
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Growing Out Layers- A place to complain

and me! my canopy nearly always is grouchy about something. grr.

also, im trying to teach myself how to do a sock bun but the layers just keep flicking out and making it harder! nooooooooo.

I am sometimes tempted to just go the whole hog and cut them all off. but then i'd be back to shoulder length. and my hair would triangulate, if you know what i mean. plus, my hair grows SO. Slowly. hmmm.
    "I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about."
    Oscar Wilde.

Length
    APL/BSL/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Oh layers! I've had them for such a long time I can hardly remember a time I did not have them. I have wavy/curly-ish hair depending on the day and some of my shortest layers do fit into my ponytail, however they make my hair seem so thin. I should be celebrating because I think the worst is over. The worst in my opinion being when the layers did not fit into my ponytail but instead were just hanging around my face like a really thick type of fringe with the ends in terrible shape. Ok, no more bad mental images

Length
    23 in/25.5/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I hate, hate, hate my layers i want them to bur in hell. they make my 1a/b hair 1b and it i can't do anything with my hair because the shortest layer is chin length! I want my hair to be blunt again, it was so pretty! Now it's destroyed! I was thinking of cutting it to be the same length but it would be ugly and counterproductive. Now, my layers are in their awkward stage it's miserable

Length
    18/25.5/waist
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sibiryachka View Post
    *sigh* I've been really resistant to this idea; it feels sort of embarrassingly precious to me. Like all the other stuff I do is just common-sense practicality, but special pillowcases are the beginning of that slippery slope into "crazy hair lady" territory...? See, this is really helpful! You make a very convincing case - and by really thinking it through, I can see that I've been all wrong about the pillowcases: I started drifting into "crazy hair lady" land when I took the henna plunge! And I'm in excellent company, so... *rummages through fabric box for satin - I know there's some in here!*
    Haha I don't think satin pillowcases are too bad! My husband usually teases me if I do a hair thing that's a little nutty (ahh, satin sleep caps...), and he didn't bat an eye at my satin pillowcase. I got one at Sally's an they have a couple of different colors, so it wasn't that glaring against our regular sheets (they come in white, cream, etc). I've also read a few different places that they're good if you sleep on your face - same as with hair, they minimize tugging/wrinkles. So for what that's worth, they sound good all around!
    Big chopped to jaw length last year - working on growing it back out to waist length!

http://i39.tinypic.com/dcfriu.jpg

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I have been thinking this for a looong time and finally decided: I'm going to cut myself bangs today! This will "get rid of" much of my broken canopy layer, so it will transform from fuzzy and meh to neat and my hair as a whole will look more put together this way. I am so relieved to finally make this decision!

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

I just got mine trimmed, oh, a couple weeks ago and had the hairdresser put layers in at my cheekbones. Bad move, no matter how I try to style my hair it just looks weird. I have decided to make my new goal tailbone blunt, instead of U shaped.

I wonder how much time, I've set myself back??

Length
    16"/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I am growing out pregnancy shed layers, which are more like wild baby hairs sprouting where ever they please. If I wear a ponytail I have wings at my temples and a hair halo of about 3 inches at my hairline.

ARGH!

Length
    14"/28"/hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I absolutely HATE that my layers make my almost waist length hair look shorter than it really is......
    Am FINALLY at waist (note to self, update siggy pic)... To maintain or to not maintain (keep growing).... that is now the question

Length
    APL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

I'm trying to grow out my layers as well. Also I cut my own hair and one day I totally slipped and there is only one chunk of hair that is shoulder length on the right side, it looks so stupid like if I cut up my hair the wrong way..which I did do...hahaha. Also, I no longer want layers because it's way easier to do hairstyles and braids without having hairs sticking out all over the place.

Length
    22.44/20.08/25.59
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

My layers are taking centuries to grow out and I don't like them! But they look a lot longer compared to last year, when they were all spiky!