Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What to do with neck hair

Length
    bald/waist/term?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Mine grow very low on my neck, almost to the top of my back. Ever since marching band when I had to put all my hair under a hat, I have shaved them. Over the years, that hair seemed to migrate downward, probably due to the constant weekly shaving. One day when I can afford it, I am going to have laser hair treatment and try to have a natural looking hairline higher up. I am pale with dark hair so all my hair in awkward places makes me very self conscious.

Length
    20/27/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jeni View Post
    I was totally checking people's necks out today at wal-mart, which made me feel better to see how common they are.
    One of my friend's once commented how some people's neck hair makes an M-shape and then for the entire day I kept seeing hairy necks. I'm glad you realize you aren't alone. I definitely have lots of little curlies along my neckline that will never reach an updo.

When they really bother me, I wear a low bun or braid to cover them with the length of my hair. But, I've gotten compliments on them too.
    Lady Xanthyppe of the Moonlith Waves in the Order of the Longhaired Knights
    My Progress! (updated August 2009)
    Currently at the upper regions of BSL. Growing again!

I've definitely got the M thing going. And they are even frizzier than the rest of my hair. I never thought much about them until I read this thread. Now I'm giving serious consideration to shaving them off.
    ~Lady Bau, Protector of Canines in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    40+/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I have awful ones, too. My hair is brown/black, so they're really visible, and several inches long. I think it's unsightly, but I try to forget about it most days. I'm glad that so many people can relate, though. It makes me feel better.
    Lady Angellen, Bound Raven in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I am the Vampire Queen

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I've definitely got the M thing going. And they are even frizzier than the rest of my hair. I never thought much about them until I read this thread. Now I'm giving serious consideration to shaving them off.
    Im sorry Mely! I'm sure they are fine.

Mine aren't frizzy or curly, there really straight and super silky, probably the nicest hair on my head actually.

After seeing and hearing about everyone's neck hair, I am feeling better, much less self conscious that I am slowly turning into a gorilla-lady.

Length
    bald/21/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by anna1850 View Post
    Because I have quite dark hair and very pale skin I think mine are particularly noticeable so I tweeze them. It takes about 10 minutes but I only do it once every month or so (when I suddenly notice them again) and I just use a handheld mirror to look at the back and pull out big clumps of them. I've thought about epilating but wouldn't be happy if I accidentally grabbed some scalp hair but tweezing works fine.
    Hey I had posted this same question on the old LHC - i did try tweezing it and i could take the pain ... so I have started shaving it -but heads up when it starts growing it is poky - being a guy i shave it everytime shave my facial hair - it may be slight extra maintainence for u

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

ive never really paid attention to mine to be honest, im more paranoid about a large birth mark i have on my neck but what i dont see dont hurt me ( i say this about my bum too!)
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    shldr/shldr/70 in
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I have long/thick nape-line hairs too, some that reach nearly to my shoulders, some that don't, but none of them seem to want to go in an updo.

I don't mind them though, I think they're cute/pretty and very cute on other girls. If yours won't curl, try running hot water over your finger (please don't burn yourself! lol), twisting them around the finger and holding it there til it cools a bit. It shouldn't be enough heat to damage your hair, but it might make them curl. I use that trick fairly often.