Page 5 of 1501 FirstFirst ... 3456715551055051005 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Length
    pixie/APL/MB
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

I started in january 2006 this short and now I'm APL (as you can see in my avatar). I had three haircuts in 2006, trimming up a bit, and on more in april 2007. Then I started microtrimming instead.
    I'm a purple-belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu since Sep 8th 2010!
    And here you can hear me (solo) with my choir: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l25lR3MTSnQ

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I'm incredibly grateful for all of our replies, and it is wonderful to see so many of my old friends. I'm surprised that a number of us are going through the same experience!

Fluke: I have a FORTUNE in expensive, handmade, wooden hair toys. The poor things have just been sitting around collecting dust for ages. It would be awesome if I could free them one of these days!

TapDancer: Wonderful to see you!

Kam: It must be interesting to be a man among all these women, especially the shorties trying to grow our hair out. Good to have you in the crowd!

Suicides Eve: Your hair is looking LONG and lovely!! I know you have even longer aims, but I'd love to be at your length now!!

Fairydust: Isn't it just horrible what stress (even "positive" stress) can do to unravel our sanity?!! I've gone through this before, too, but I guess it was just so long ago that I forgot how incredibly painful and time-consuming the end result of a moment's chop can be. I think you are on to something -- when everything else seems out of control, our hair is the one thing we can control. Unfortunately for us, it had disastrous results. I absolutely agree -- let's support each other in the growing-out process!!!

MissHair: Love your photos (your center one is my current dream length and hemline shape). Thank you for the encouragement!

Chrissy: Thank you for your delightful welcome back. Your hair in your photo is just a tad longer than mine -- and yours looks very, very healthy and shiny!! Yep, the site used be Long Hair Lovers, back in the stone age when things online were a little bit simpler. Tell me where the shorties group is -- obviously I need to join you over there!

Jeno: What a journey your hair has been on!! What are your hair goals now? Do you want to get back to the length you used to have or are you aiming for somewhere in between?
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/messy/bob
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Another ex-super shortie saying hello. "Hello."

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    short/15"/23"
    Type
    2c/F/iii

My hair was at 25" last March and I cut it off into a stacked bob that was longer in the front. It took me until October or November to get the back to a point where I could even the front with it and just grow. Now I have 19" again. The day I hit 26" will be a big celebration day for me.

Length
    pixie/APL/MB
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Jeno: What a journey your hair has been on!! What are your hair goals now? Do you want to get back to the length you used to have or are you aiming for somewhere in between?[/quote]

I'm aiming for mid-back or between bsl and waist. One year more maybe? I'm letting my layers grow out too, the shortest ones are about shoulder-length now.
    I'm a purple-belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu since Sep 8th 2010!
    And here you can hear me (solo) with my choir: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l25lR3MTSnQ

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

LutraLutra: You have made incredible progress -- good for you!! It looks like your hair really grew quickly. We are at relatively the same stage (from a similar starting point), so let's try to keep each other on track.

Rymorg2: Pretty hair! It looks like it is long enough now for you to use some of your cool hair toys. I'm looking forward to 19 inches -- I've got a way to go, though!

Jeno: Although you looked really cute in short hair (you have such a pretty face, you would look good regardless of your hair length), longer hair softens your features and makes you look more feminine. Of course, since you're a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, you'd have me in fear no matter how long your hair and how feminine you look! You rock!

Chrissy: I forgot to mention...I'm 55. I'm a great aunt, so, yep, we're of granny age. I think the stresses of midlife and being postmenopausal pushed me over the edge (excuses, excuses). I, too, hope I live long enough to reach my hair goals!! And heaven help me if I ever do anything so stupid again (you'd think I'd have learned from the first few times I did this when I was younger!!). Please give me a good slap of reality if I EVER start toying with the idea of a cut like this again!! Yes, at your age of wisdom, I am expecting you to be psychic and read my mind.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

This was my hair in July 2007:

Andthis is my hair now:
    Last edited by Demetrue; January 11th, 2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: added picture

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Demetrue, I can't see your photos.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Can you see 'em now? I changed the setting on my album so they should show up, though you may need to refresh the page.

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

NOW I see you, Demetrue! Thanks! You have made such great strides -- how exciting! It really is inspirational to see how far you have come. My hair is about at your longest point, and all of my layers have grown out now (almost). We're on our way now, aren't we?!!