View Poll Results: Has your goal length changed? (MARK TWO CHOICES)

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • My goal length has not changed

93 33.21%
  • My goal length is now longer

67 23.93%
  • My goal length is now shorter

21 7.50%
  • I am new to LHC and have not previously had a goal length

18 6.43%
  • I have reached my goal length

31 11.07%
  • I am still growing toward my goal length

113 40.36%
  • I reached my previous goal and decided to go longer

34 12.14%
  • I reached my previous goal and decided to go shorter

17 6.07%
  • I have no goal

33 11.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2021 - Annual Goal Length Poll Part 1: Has Your Goal Length Changed?

Length
    ?/71/Term
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: 2021 - Annual Goal Length Poll Part 1: Has Your Goal Length Changed?

My goal length has not changed + I have no goal.

I want my hair either excessively ridiculously long (or a pixie) but I do not have a concrete goal. Very long has been my goal since my hair was short (the specific goal was longer than a friend of mines, but she quit ~hip length so I won that one.) I have never really had specific length goals, ie waist, classic, knee etc.
    Princess Cerise of the Blushing Hues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: 2021 - Annual Goal Length Poll Part 1: Has Your Goal Length Changed?

I’m all over the place with this one. I hit my goal of classic, then immediately turned around and chopped back to BCL. Definitely figuring out that no-trims doesn’t make my hair happy. So now I’m growing longer with trims, but with a much more vague goal. Just trying to keep the hemline healthy and thick and then see what length it’ll reach.

ETA: During 2020, my goal reached as far as FTL. (LHCitis strikes again!) Once I realized my journey was going to be a lot more arduous if I didn’t get there with fairytale ends, I mentally walked my goal back.
    Last edited by C_Bookworm; January 6th, 2021 at 09:41 AM.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    30/36/41
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Since 5 years and my process of growth, my goal was classic length and it is still the same. Hope to reach this year or in 2022
    One meter reached in June 2021. Cut it to waist and now I'm at 92 cm at the beginning of the butt.

Length
    BSL/Thigh/Thigh
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Yep, it has changed! My goal length is now longer, because I have already reached my original goal (tbl). Now my hair covers the middle of my butt, and maybe I'll go for classic length! However I know I don't want hair longer than that
    * BSL* MBL* WL* HL* TLB* Classic* Thigh*!!

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

when I joined I didn't really have a set goal just super long, I cycle between Knee or Floor/Terminal

I'm new to LHC I should have voted that but alas I did not

Edit: I'm sticking with Floor/Terminal but I hope to get to atleast knee
    Last edited by Bat; January 21st, 2021 at 01:34 AM.

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I reached my goal length a few years ago and the goal hasn't changed since

I'm maintaining indefinitely with monthly trims and always trying to reduce mechanical damage as much as possible to get as thick and blunt a hemline as this delicate hair of mine will allow.
    ▪daily washing▪monthly trimming▪top-down detangling▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the roots▪henna and hibiscus▪worn down and loose on the regular▪

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

My goals grow as my hair grows, I'm on uncharted territory.. But at some point when it becomes too much to handle, I'll just chop it to last comfortable length...
    When I started growing it from shoulder my FIRST goal was waist.
    I was mid back when I discovered LHC, and after 3 months here I reached original waist goal.
    I switched then to Hip goal.
    Soon I reached it but kept trimming it for hem. Goal changed to BCL.
    Now I'm 2-3cm from that goal. SO naturally my goal switched to TBL.
    I'm assuming that often happens to LHCers, everyone wants to know how longer looks like on them... I hardly think I will ever want to grow longer than classic. Classic is something of a hard limit to me...)
    Growing virgin hip length

Type
    1b/M/C/ii

I guess I could say my goal has changed, though I didn't officially have a goal previously since I'm new here! I was planning to cut off 18 inches of my hair and sell it over summer 2020 but I never got around to doing it... and when I found this website last month I decided I want to keep my hair long for a while. This is the longest I've ever had my hair (about 2 inches from classic length) and it's interesting because my previous hair goals have always been to grow it long so I could cut it to donate. I've donated 4 times. But now my goal is classic length!

Length
    24”/33.5"/39"
    Type
    1a/F/i

I think I always said my goal was 40" or tailbone. The goal still stands. The only thing that's changed is my understanding of just how long it will take to get there
    APL - BSL - *MBL* - WL - HL - TBL
    Last trim: 12th March 2021
    Pantene fanatic, sulphate and silicone lover

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

My goal length used to be classic to knee length and I've never gotten anywhere close. I've been growing my hair off and on for the past 10 years and have only ever gotten it to just brushing waist length before the damage was just really bad. (Some unique circumstances and health issues aside, I think it's reasonable to try for tailbone length and see if I can get there). I've got a long way to go since I chopped my hair back to above shoulder length in March of 2020. It's collarbone now but grows slowly and I really have to baby it or it will just snap off. Do I still dream of really long rapunzel hair? Of course. Do I think it's feasible on my fine hair? Not sure to be honest.