Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Indigo Thread

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Indigo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gothicshollow View Post
    Aww and I think I saw that Sweden/north Europe has often higher shipping costs also within EU
    My shipping experience improved a lot since when I moved to Germany, that is far more advanced from this point of view compared to Italy, but buying stuff from the US remains a dream :'(

I recently made an infographic about the red shades of henna for my instagram account, and I'm about to make one about the black shades of Indigo It will be similar to the one for henna (I posted it in my LHC blog here).
    The henna one as you can see was about cool tones vs. warm tones. For the indigo one I think I will try to address the pitch black vs. purple/blue tones. Does it sound like an ok idea? I don't see many other variations with indigo (except for the brown, but that will come in a third infographic with blonde/no dye vs. brown).
    Shipping costs are expensive overall, but if we buy anything from outside of EU we have to pay a tax (25% of what we've already payed for the product, including shipping) + a fee.

It sound's like an interesting post

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BerrySara View Post
    oooo I'm totally copying this idea gothicshollow. Even doing herbal hair masks seem to drip like crazy (since I cant seem to nail down a practical consistency of the mixture). I just added some microfiber headbands to my cart on amazon, thanks for the suggestion!

Nox_Inber your hair came out lovely!
    Thank you! I saw the picture you posted in the Put your hair photos here thread and I love that color on your curls, it accentuates them in a really great way

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I use these over plastic caps: https://www.amazon.com/Drying-Towel-...0465535&sr=8-1

Not a single drip. Also methi powder makes it more goopy and less drippy. Didn't have any issues with my overnight henna (though I did sleep on a towel to be extra safe, and the towel caught a line of henna at the base of my neck) and sitting up for two hours during work with the indigo in.

I don't care that they stain around the edge, but I do wish they had them in black.
    That is a fantastic find Looks like I'm going to join the indigo headband gang (maybe this can be the name of our band? ) the next time I dye.

Beautiful red colour!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Today I'm touching up my roots. It's been quite a while since I last did it, so it's about time!

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

gothicshollow I just noticed that you put "hennabutiken" under France instead of Sweden

C_Bookworm I tried xantan gum in my indigo today. It was easy to apply and I got zero dripping! Thanks for the great advice!

Length
    14/26/26
    Type
    1a/M/i

Oooops I will change it immediately!

So I'm not doing my hendigo this month. I've had a very bad shed in the last couple of months and I suspected it had to do also with the health of my scalp. Indeed, I found out it might be SD. Indeed, as soon as I started using a specific shampoo, the situation got sooooo much better both with scalp issues and hair loss. I'm very relieved but I'm not feeling like doing the hendigo, because I think I should give my scalp some time to get accustomed to the new nice situation.

Luckily, the black is resisting quite well and I'm very surprised. It faded a bit but not to the usual reddish roots. It's more like a very very dark brown with purple highlights. I like it!

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    C_Bookworm I tried xantan gum in my indigo today. It was easy to apply and I got zero dripping! Thanks for the great advice!
    Woohoo! So glad to hear

———

Does anyone do small touch ups (such as temples only)? I tried a temple touch-up and failed. I think because I didn’t wrap the mud, it dried too fast and didn’t deposit color. I was curious if anyone has any tips? I’m not eager to Saran Wrap my entire head over some minor touch-ups, but I’ll go that route if it’s necessary.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gothicshollow View Post
    Oooops I will change it immediately!

So I'm not doing my hendigo this month. I've had a very bad shed in the last couple of months and I suspected it had to do also with the health of my scalp. Indeed, I found out it might be SD. Indeed, as soon as I started using a specific shampoo, the situation got sooooo much better both with scalp issues and hair loss. I'm very relieved but I'm not feeling like doing the hendigo, because I think I should give my scalp some time to get accustomed to the new nice situation.

Luckily, the black is resisting quite well and I'm very surprised. It faded a bit but not to the usual reddish roots. It's more like a very very dark brown with purple highlights. I like it!
    I think that it's a good idea to give your scalp a little time to rest I'm way to lazy to touch up the color monthly myself, so it's more like root touch ups every third month or so

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I hope this hasn't already been mentioned but do those who use oils or leave ins shampoo hair before a two step treatment? I'm wondering if product coating hair could prevent the color from sticking.

Length
    SL/HL+/KL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I hope this hasn't already been mentioned but do those who use oils or leave ins shampoo hair before a two step treatment? I'm wondering if product coating hair could prevent the color from sticking.
    I wash my hair thoroughly, twice, with a clarifyng shampoo which does not contain oils or silicons (no conditioner, mask, leave in or anything after that), rinse, tower dry and apply the indigo.

This afternoon I was thinking about what you said in other thread, about color not staying. Today I took a pic of my hair and it's already fading a bit, after my second application. But this time it lasted more. I plan on persisting until I only have to do it once a year, but I guess it takes its time to stick to the hair for good.