Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How much time do you spend on your hair every day?

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: How much time do you spend on your hair every day?

Five minutes to detangle and bun it every morning. Washdays are different, of course.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Account Closed by Member Request

Usually and if no special occasions, Monday through Saturday ten minutes. Sunday all day

Length
    25/25/32
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I only spend a few minutes detangling in the morning, then put it up in single-twist nautilus-type bun. It's somewhere between hip length and tailbone length...too short to do much with yet, unfortunately, but I can put my hair up in seconds, so yay! Good enough for me.

Anyway.

Wash day is another story. I try to wash my hair by early afternoon on Sunday so it has a good 8-10 hours loose around the house to dry. It usually still feels damp when I wake up the next morning, but dry enough to brush and put in a braid or bun. Braids are best when my hair is freshly washed, although I came home from work yesterday afternoon and my husband said it looked like I had been sleeping in it. LOL

Length
    SL/HL+/KL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

My hair is WL and I spend about 2min in the morning (brushing + bunning) and 5 or so at night (moisturizer + oil, brush and braid). A fancy hairstyle adds 15 to 30 minutes more.

On wash day I can spend 2 hours on it if I’m doing a deep treatment.

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Currently I don't even bother detangling daily anymore. I just put it up when I wake up, which takes max 45 seconds, and then leave it! Sometimes I'll need to redo my bun, as my hair is slippy and I generally prefer sticks so it's more likely to fall on slippy days. Redoing is another 45-ish seconds! So maybe 2-3 minutes all day?

That's just the average day, though. Some days I'll S&D, some days I'll need to finger detangle (that only takes a couple minutes though), and some days I'll need to put some leave-in on my ends because they're extra dry. Those days (except S&D days) add maybe another minute or two to my daily hair fiddling

Weird to think about! I didn't realize it was so little!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I didn't take a day 1 picture. I braided it for sleep that night and day 2 tossed the braid up in a messy bun.

Day 3 - after sleeping in the same braid

Day 4 - after sleeping in silk sleep cap

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    ~bsl/ftip/knee?
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

As a daily washer and a hairstyle switcher/periodic brusher, probably around an hour total, lol. It's not all at once, though.
    Fingertip and growing to Knee!
    World's Most Fragile Hair, for the World's Most Fragile Person

Length
    APL/33"/CL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

On a regular day, probably five minutes in the morning to detangle and bun, with an additional five to ten minutes throughout the day to redo my bun if needed. Two minutes at night to braid.
    On a wash day it could be anywhere between fifteen minutes to two hours to wash and deep condition, plus air dry time, but my hair dries pretty quickly if it's loose. I wash twice a week.

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Too much time today.

I conditioned first, then used a sulfate free clarifying shampoo that leaves your hair and scalp literally squeaky clean. I then tried Lapushak's oil method (for like the 5th time but with Marula oil this time - need to use it up), rinsed and followed with squish to condish with another conditioner. This was this morning- my hair is still drying!! WTH??!!

Be the voice for those that can't speak...

Tbh I'm a bit neglecting it. I wear it in a ponytail and don't brush it everyday. But I have a bleached length, so I don't really mind about that. The sebum is covering my natural hair and that's all that matters to me. But I should spend around 10 minutes everyday brushing it with my BBB and massaging the scalp. Right now, I'm spending like 10 minutes twice a week detangling it.