Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How much oil do you put in your hair?

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: How much oil do you put in your hair?

None! My sebum does just fine. I'll consider it if I think my hair really needs it.
    Just trying to get by

Length
    BSL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/i/ii

I do an overnight oil treatment with warm mustard oil whenever I wash my hair. I've been doing this since I was a teen. This is a tried and tested technique from my mom who has very pretty TBL hair. I usually use extra extra oil and wash twice to get it all out, but it leaves my hair soft and shiny

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

When I realize I'm having trouble getting a comb through comfortably, I'll oil it anywhere from a bit to generously. It's kind of like cooking with garlic. I measure with my heart! My hair is up in a bun of some sort nearly 100% of the time, so I'm no worse for wear when I go heavy.

I put an oil called hibiscus oil I find it really good for hair, I also use coconut oil from link Kesha brand, I also use silicon oil conditioner for my hair

Length
    N/A/67/84/Termi
    Type
    3b/F/iii

For a pre poo I do a heavy oiling.
    After wash my oil for LOC is about half a teaspoon. It May seem a lot but my curly hair needs it. Thereafter third day after wash for daily maintenance just a sheen on my hand and I section different area to help balance and distribute it throughout my hair.
    Katrinne

Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I use about a tablespoon of coconut oil in my hair the day before i shampoo. I then put about a teaspoon of caster oil in my hair after i'm done washing. I'll put oil in my hair anytime it starts feeling like it needs it, if it'd days before i plan to wash i'll probably only put in a half tablespoon at a time.

overlooking nature in the green belt of long living.

Recently, since is it now a mild winter where I live, I have been massaging lightly Castor Oil at the roots of my scalp to see if it will encourage more hair. I mix it with a lighter Jojoba oil so that it spreads easier, but use just a little. I never mind the length of my hair, it is always long enough, but what I am concerned with is the natural loss of hair due to age. We shall see the results in maybe six months! Hope it works, because this is more of a natural remedy.
    On the other hand, keeping my long hair soft, silky and shiny, do try adding a couple of Tablespoons of Honey to your hair condition. You will notice the difference.
    Last edited by LadyLong; January 9th, 2020 at 11:32 PM. Reason: spelling

That girl with the hair The-Young-Maid's Avatar
    Length
    ./FTL+/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I always put several drops x2(I divide my hair in half) on damp hair after washing. Then I add a couple drops x2 of a mineral oil based hair oil. After it's dry I'll add a couple more drops to it before braiding for the day. Before bed I'll take my makeup off with coconut oil and spread the extra over my hair before washing. So lots of oil I guess lol
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Several drops of jojoba oil on damp hair length after washes, and then as needed (or not needed, so then I won't use it) on dry hair (the ends at least) until my next wash.

Length
    Chin/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

A couple drops on the midlengths + ends each day. Pre-wash scalp oiling with The Innate Life rosemary treatment twice a week.
    long hair is self care
    Chin ♡ Collarbone ♡ APL ♡ BSL ♡ Mermaid ♡ Waist ♡ Hip ♡ TBL ♡