Thread: Non-Growth Oriented Thread for Shorter Lengths

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Non-Growth Oriented Thread for Shorter Lengths

Photographic proof:

Not bad for sleeping on wet hair, then rolling out of bed and doing absolutely nothing except a 2-strand twist to pull the front back with one bobby pin so it's not hanging in my face. By the way, my hair is not APL. It just looks that way from the back because both my arms are lifted to hold the camera. Oh, and it looks crazy thick, but my ponytail circumference only measures 3.5 inches these days. It used to range between 3.8 and 4.2, depending on where I was in the shed/regrow cycle. I shed out a lot of hair early this year.

P.S: Please bear with me. I'm sure I'll get over my new haircut pretty soon and stop wanting to share pictures of it.
    Last edited by spidermom; December 17th, 2016 at 11:46 AM.

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

No, please don't get over your haircut - I'm loving all the pics!!
    ▪daily washing▪monthly trimming▪top-down detangling▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the roots▪henna and hibiscus▪worn down and loose on the regular▪

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I love it so much spidermom! It looks so lovely on you!

Length
    ?/BSL+/?
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Spidermom it looks so soft and bouncy! Your texture works so great with the hairstyle!

I have a victory to share. I did scalp only wash and then blow dried and airdried the roots followed by one pass with flat iron on 160. The results are awesome. A car selfie (and hubby's pooping on my parade) to show off. I wonder if this is something I could get away with long term and keep at waist.

Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Wow Upside Down; your hair looks good that way.

Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Hey, a thread for me! I used to consider myself a true long hair. Though I cut my hair short over the years, I always knew I'd grow it back. I finally got to 3" past classic, but due to hair texture changes, and attitude changes, I'm now wearing it a lot shorter. And the thing is, I don't think I want long hair anymore. I mean, I still admire it on others, but I don't think it's "me" anymore.

I'm glad that Arctic started this thread, as I don't feel that there is much sympathy for this view point around here on the boards--understandable, but kinda sad. In my blog, people are always encouraging me to feel better about growing and not get discouraged, which is nice, but maybe misplaced?

Here is me this morning (sporting one of my two favorite red lipsticks--I'm shopping for a more hula appropriate one--suggestions welcome) at not quite/almost APL. I just got it cut, and it needs restyling (it's usually curlier than this), but I'm feeling that it's too long. Sigh. I miss my bob length hair, but I do enjoy wearing it up, and for hula, my teacher likes it long. So, I'm holding on until Feb or maybe June, then, I think I'm going short again.

I will definitely be back to this thread!

I think this is my favorite length:

Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

What a surprise to see you over in the Mane Forum, Shell! I must admit, you do look good with your preferred length.

My attitude has changed a lot, too. I went through all kinds of small changes to try to be happy with my long hair again, and although I had days when I loved it, I was having more days when I didn't. I was so afraid that if I cut it to the length I'd been thinking about (collarbone), I would regret it so much that I'd be unhappy all the time instead of most of the time. Instead, so far I've been happy with it every single day.

Length
    NL/SL/MBL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/i/ii

How did I miss this thread? Thanks for making it!
    NL | SL | CBL | APL | MBL | BSL

Type
    2c/M/C/iii

spidermom, Yes, unhappy everyday with my hair was no good! When I grew it out again to TLBL (after the terrible thinning), I hated it. I wore it up daily and still it looked bad. So, I cut. It took a long time to get a good cut, but since then I've been a lot happier with it. Now though, I'm starting to have days and even weeks when I don't like it--so I wear it up. I'm starting to feel like I'm in a rut again, and therefore longing (no pun intended) to cut again!

And, this is the first thread in a long time that has interested me on the Mane Forum--all of the other threads are about growth, or dyeing hair bright colors--neither of which I'm into right now. And, it's your fault anyway, because I read about it in your blog.

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Getting my hair cut this week, the back is driving me bonkers. I was planning on a chin length bob with a slight undercut in back as I grow to shoulder. If I grow to shoulder. I'm ready to not have a pixie anymore, but I do not want long hair either.

Right now, I'm ALMOST at a chin-length bob. Almost. I have this weird mullet/duck-tail thing in the back though, so I'm going to ask them to shave it off. I was planning on an undercut there anyway...so I think I'll do it now.
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.