Page 5 of 137 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the most evil thing you've ever done to your hair?

Length
    20/24/30
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: What's the most evil thing you've ever done to your hair?

I decided I wanted platnium blonde hair. So, I took bleach to my head, left it on for about 2 hours. It wasn't light enough, so I did it again - twice. Wore it for a week, and my friend decided she wanted to put dark red lowlights in it, so I let her foil them with Manic Panic. As it was washing out, the red got on the rest of the blonde - obviously, and I ended up with varying shades of hot pink. Which of course I hated, so I tried to dye it back to brown. After the return to my natural colour, fist-fulls were breaking off whenever I shampooed - which in those days, was daily.

I shudder at the thought.

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I've done some of this and some of this and had some of these moments with my hair.

I guess the worst was when I had black hair last summer and decided to bleach it back to blonde so I could go back to my original haircolor. It took several sessions and a good amount of bleach left on for way longer than recomended. My hair suffered surprisingly little, but I don't think I would do it again!

Length
    BSL/49/Term
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My party trick at school used to be pulling reasonably large bits of hair out. I could do this without too much pain. I didn't do it very often (don't suffer from trichotillomania!) and it was a way of grossing kids out and impressing them with my pain threshold - kept the bullies at bay which I really needed at certain points in my life.

Later in my teens I had a couple of perms, and I used loads of hair spray and back combing to try and get a "Smithette" type quiff going. I have straightened my hair a few times too. I used to peel my split ends when I got bored. Other than that I've been pretty tame - and no more hair-pulling, I promise.
    <a href=http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13465&dateline=1215389522 target=_blank>http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ine=1215389522</a>Desperately seeking thickness!

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alethia View Post
    I have straightened my hair a few times too. I used to peel my split ends when I got bored.
    I still do this sometimes when I don't have scissors nearby...

Length
    Shldr/BSL!/waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Worst thing....putting bleach on my hair and BRUSHING IT THROUGH while wet and bleachy to make sure it got all down the hair.

When I was younger I'd brush when wet all the time, shampooed after the beach and ocean, used alcoholridden gels and mousses, never deep conditioned, used cheap sulfated shampoos, never got trims, bleached and dyed all the time...pretty much everything bad!

Bleached it 3x in a week and watched it melt off from the ears down

Longhaired Intellectual Periwinkle's Avatar
    Length
    ~APL+/waist/TB+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I went through a phase of not bothering to wash my hair at all. Not going there again...

I've never had a dye disaster (thank God!), but I have treated my hair pretty appallingly in that I would wash it, then brush it while wet. I also used to brush up to 15 times a day (how I found the time I have no idea).

September 2013 - waist length (though not on its best day!)
    Back to the LHC regime, let's finally get past waist length!
    ~ Lady Tyche of the Blessed Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~

mother of microtrims :P
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Ripped out tangles...thats about it, have always been nice with it..

Length
    19"/23"/30" ?
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

I used a wooden rolling brush all the way up to my scalp cause I wanted curls, when I got to the top it was stuck, my grandmother had to pull every pin off the brush it was pain full I didn’t want to cut it.
    I used sun and peroxide to make high lights.
    I got high lights done at a salon she left the beach on to long and my hair started falling off, then I dyed it over cause I looked like a zebra. I thought I was going to go bald.
    I was a Ginny pig for a new relaxer that came out. It was beautiful at first. Until all my hair started breaking off.
    I blow dried and iron my hair ALL THE TIME!!!
    Would rip a brush threw my hair when I was pissed off!!!
    Chopped my hair off a couple months ago, after having it for 8 years. On to the growing process once again! Here we go!!!

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Lemon juice, sun-in--ugh. The brassy, dryness that it caused was brutal. Plus, I swam almost every day. Thankfully that was 20 years ago, so I'm pretty sure that hair has fully grown out