Page 5 of 870 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    Just heated a cup of coconut oil in warm water, added 2 teaspoons of castor oil to that and now all of it sits on my hair and scalp wrapped up in warm towel waiting for beeing washed out.
    Oooh, that sounds fab! I should try that sometime.

My hair is still up in its braids and bunned. I'm looking forward to wash day either tonight or tomorrow...okay, being realistic: tomorrow

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I'm marinating in an SMT with added EVOO and Avocado Oil, wrapped up in plastic and a buff.

I really hope no-one stops by my apartment tonight...

Length
    15/30/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I just did a crown type of braid at the front and im going to let it loose for the school run. I'm hoping that i can stretch the wash for one more day thanks to the olive oil soak i did two days ago which seems to be helping my hair with its dandruff control and overall greasiness.

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

A bit of Lush R&B, and up in my sleeping cap for the night.
    buzz - pixie - chin - shoulder - APL -BSL - MBL - waist - hip - tailbone - classic

Length
    cl/nl/clas
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I just put some coconut oil in my ends. And now I'm wearing a shower cap with it. I'm going to leave it in for 2 hours, then put some conditioner in my ends,wait for 30 minutes and then wash it =)
    Current lenght: neckNext goal: shoulder
    Ultimate goal: tailbone/classic

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I have a protein treatment on my head. It has to be the weirdest kitchen hair concoction I've made yet (and I've made a few).

http://pedaheh.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0...treatment.html

The gelatin glooped a bit into chunks, so I'm not sure if I did it right or not. We'll see in a few hours after I wash this off and then wash of my SMT. Its going to be a LONG hair day today!
    Last edited by Crumpet; October 22nd, 2013 at 01:14 PM.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Crumpet View Post
    I have a protein treatment on my head. It has to be the weirdest kitchen hair concoction I've made yet (and I've made a few).

http://pedaheh.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0...treatment.html

The gelatin glooped a bit into chunks, so I'm not sure if I did it right or now. We'll wee in a few hours after I wash this off and then wash of my SMT. Its going to be a LONG hair day today!
    Long hair days are so awesome! Like spa, but for hair

I'm putting organic sunflower oil on my ends They seem to like it.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'm leaving mine alone, up in its bun. Even though I'd like to take it down and wear it loose. :P
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Hair spa complete. It was kind of awesome. Now its snugged up in its sleep cap, ready for bed.

Length
    14"/32"/39"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

This is what I just finished:

1. Last night, I heavily oiled my hair with EVOO/rice bran oil/essential oils mix on the length and castor oil/EVOO/essential oils mix on the scalp (massaged in of course).
    2. This afternoon, I steeped catnip tea and hibiscus/rosemary tea. Then after a few hours I blended the hibiscus/rosemary tea with an overripe avocado, a little more EVOO, and a splash of low-sodium soy sauce for protein.
    3. I moistened my hair with my mister bottle (which contains earlier versions of the above teas, aloe juice, and essential oils), then smothered it in the avocado protein treatment I had made. Bun up top, wrapped in plastic and then a towel for a little over an hour.
    4. I rinsed it out well, then washed with diluted Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo.
    5. I soaked my hair in the catnip tea, and then put it back up in a bun on top of my head and wrapped it in plastic and a towel again. I took it down out of the plastic and bun after an hour, but left it on my hair for another couple of hours after that... got caught up in a movie
    6. I rinsed well, then conditioned with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. I kept this on my hair for 10 or 15 minutes while I did other shower things, then rinsed with cold water.
    7. Now it's air-drying!

Gosh, this kind of thing takes a really long time.

Edit: Update! When my hair was almost dry, I finished it all off with a few drops of my olive oil/rice bran oil/EO's mix. Now it's dry and easily detangled, and it's soft, shiny, strong, and feels better than it has in weeks. WIN!
    Last edited by Naiadryade; October 23rd, 2013 at 12:33 AM.
    Dedicated to a free, natural, interconnected, regenerative lifestyle of curiosity & adventure
    Finally at Waist... with a few hairs, anyway. Slowly snipping now!