Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with Photo Albums

Length
    Hip/BCL/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Trouble with Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Maybe a way around it would be to post a photo on a LHC blog post? You could link to it in a relevant thread (I think you can anyway!) but only members would be able to access the blog.

It’s a bit convoluted but it’s something, at least. It doesn’t flow in the same way as posting within a thread, but there might be occasions where it’s really a shame not to be able to share a photo.
    At least I wasn’t able to post a photo on the LHC blog last I tried (a few days ago). I don’t know if others are, and I’ve not read the entire thread.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    At least I wasn’t able to post a photo on the LHC blog last I tried (a few days ago). I don’t know if others are, and I’ve not read the entire thread.
    I expect it’s the same problem with the albums, but I was suggesting it as a more private way of using a photo hosting service, as Nefcerka said they were uncomfortable with non members seeing their photos. Posting a photo via a web hosting service in a blog could work, I think? It’s not ideal but it might be an option?

Sorry I don’t think I’m making myself very clear. I’m not so good at forming sentences at the moment!

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    Thanks. I thought so. That´s why I like photo albums here more, non-users can´t see my pics. While I don´t mind sharing photos of hair products, food or something, from photo-hosting sites, I´m not sure I will be comfortable posting pictures of my hair, if anyone on the internet can see. Oh well.
    Maybe a way around it would be to post a photo on a LHC blog post? You could link to it in a relevant thread (I think you can anyway!) but only members would be able to access the blog.

It’s a bit convoluted but it’s something, at least. It doesn’t flow in the same way as posting within a thread, but there might be occasions where it’s really a shame not to be able to share a photo.
    I expect it’s the same problem with the albums, but I was suggesting it as a more private way of using a photo hosting service, as Nefcerka said they were uncomfortable with non members seeing their photos. Posting a photo via a web hosting service in a blog could work, I think? It’s not ideal but it might be an option?

Sorry I don’t think I’m making myself very clear. I’m not so good at forming sentences at the moment!
    I used up my quota of LHC album space eons ago and what Lady Stardust is describing is how I use an external host to post things to LHC that are only viewable to members.

1) Host image on image host of your choice.
    2) Post image to LHC blog using image host VBB code.
    3) Post link to LHC blog in relevant thread.

You can of course post from external hosts directly into any thread.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Thank you Lady Stardust and neko_kawaii kindly! I would not have thought of such an option and I think this might be the route I will take

Oh that’s great Nefcerka! Thank you, neko_kawaii, for setting it out comprehensively That is a bit beyond me at the moment.

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I haven’t been able to upload pictures to my album. The last time I did it was in May. I tried two different browsers and it is just saying “upload failed.”
    Last edited by Krissycats; September 3rd, 2023 at 09:30 AM.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Krissycats View Post
    I haven’t been able to upload pictures to my album. The last time I did it was in May. I tried two different browsers and it is just saying “upload failed.”
    There's currently a problem with uploading pictures. We are working on solving it, but it's not easy.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    There's currently a problem with uploading pictures. We are working on solving it, but it's not easy.
    Ah I see now why I am unable..
    Thank you for your charity work, I'm sure you're doing your best.
    Regard
    Fiorentina
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

I wish I could upload photos to my photoalbum. I've been a member here since forever and came back recently after the site went down and found all my albums deleted. There isn't even a button for uploading which confuses me because I see a lot of members that have successfully uploaded photos to their albums through out 2023.
    As the saying goes, it pays to be patient!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MissHair View Post
    I wish I could upload photos to my photoalbum. I've been a member here since forever and came back recently after the site went down and found all my albums deleted. There isn't even a button for uploading which confuses me because I see a lot of members that have successfully uploaded photos to their albums through out 2023.
    All old photos from albums disappeard during the great chrash. This was before my time. Are you on your phone a computer or some other device? You should still be able to acceess the ad photo feature if accessing the full version of the site.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights