Page 5 of 262 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Wow, Lynnala, that looks great. I also love the extra weight that the cassia gives my hair. It really does feel so much fuller. I've never left it on for 3 hours though. I usually only leave it on for an hour, as I've heard that the conditioning benefits of Cassia work quickly.

Length
    16/23.5/30
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Wow Lynnala thats a big difference and so pretty! I've used cassia three times now, I didn't want any colour so I oiled my hair for an hour first, mixed the cassia with just water for 15 minutes then added a couple of tablespoons of conditioner, washed some of the oil out of my hair with a mild shampoo then applied the mix for 30 minutes.
    I've used the same method each time, the first two times there was no difference in the colour of my silvers but the third time they turned a pretty beige colour! I don't mind because the colour looked nice and only lasted a week or so anyway, but it does look like there is more affect colourwise with each application.
    1b/f/i
    growing out the sparklies

Quote Originally Posted by lynnala View Post
    Okay, today I did a full up cassia treatment. Last night I mixed the dried cassia with orange juice and let it sit all night, today warmed it up a bit in the microwave and applied it to my dry hair. Covered with plastic cap and left it on for 3 hours. Washed it out, conditioned the length, ACV rinse. Here's the results:http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...comparison.jpg
    I can really see the difference in the thickness as well as the color! And for anyone who's going to say 'aw, I really like the white hair', don't worry. Nothing sticks in my hair ever. Not even commercial dye. In the 'before' picture I had done the cassia treatment only a month earlier, and it was almost all gone! I think it will probably last longer for others though. I really do it for the conditioning.
    You know I love your silver hair and yet I can see how having a non-permanent change in color would be nice as well, especially if it is conditioning. I'm wondering, how long does it take for the cassia color to fade back to silver again?

Length
    17/30/34
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Okay, today I did a full up cassia treatment.
    Beautiful! I am completely inspired now.

-- dorothea

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Silver & Gold View Post
    You know I love your silver hair and yet I can see how having a non-permanent change in color would be nice as well, especially if it is conditioning. I'm wondering, how long does it take for the cassia color to fade back to silver again?
    It probably depends on how porous your hair is, like I said, nothing sticks to my hair. I'll take another pic in a couple of weeks and we can compare again. BTW, I love YOUR hair! You have the hair I always wanted! My hair never ever falls like that, it's always stringy at the bottom, blunt cut, layered cut, whatever!
    Last edited by lynnala; March 19th, 2008 at 02:20 PM.

It probably depends on how porous your hair is, like I said, nothing sticks to my hair. I'll take another pic in a couple of weeks and we can compare again. BTW, I love YOUR hair! You have the hair I always wanted! My hair never ever falls like that, it's always stringy at the bottom, blunt cut, layered cut, whatever!
    I will be keeping my eyes peeled to see your progress. I find it amazing that you can get back to pure silver after the cassia does it's work. I have a lot of silver hair in the front and I would love to see my hair silver throughout like your but I suspect that I will have to wait a while for this as my hair doesn't seems to be sticking where it's at right now.

Thank-you for the compliment on my hair. I don't think it would fall quite like this without a bit of help. I scrunch it and run my fingers through it while it is drying.

I just did a cassia treatment on my hair yesterday. It made my blonder hairs more golden and my silver hairs picked up some color as well. But what I really love is the fluffy softness of my hair afterwards. It's wonderful to touch after a treatment.

I have very dark hair almost black i use mint tea to rinse it, it cools my scalp nicely, but besides that i see no other effects.
    My hair is VERY greasy, and when i wash it it cant last for a day and again it is like i soaked it in oil. Some advice here!!!

Length
    17/30/34
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

lynnala, can I ask you how much cassia/OJ you used? I've ordered 400 g, which the mehandi website recommended for BSL hair, but that seems like it might be too much.

thanks!
    dorothea

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by dorothea-brooke View Post
    lynnala, can I ask you how much cassia/OJ you used? I've ordered 400 g, which the mehandi website recommended for BSL hair, but that seems like it might be too much.

thanks!
    dorothea
    I found I don't need nearly as much as recommended, but my hair is very fine and thin, 100g is just enough for a full application for me. I too ordered 400g, and I'm glad, because now I have enough for a few more applications! I used fresh squeezed oranges from my tree, so can't tell you the exact amount, but I used two oranges, which was just about right, I added warm water to get it to the consistency I like, which I would describe as very thick split pea soup. Oh, and my routine is: I get naked and get in the bathtub with my pot of cassia, put it in my hair, wrap it up good with a plastic cap, then it's easy to wash off any drippings! I'm sure I look ridiculous, but I also make sure there's not going to be anyone around until I'm good and finished!

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    I have very dark hair almost black i use mint tea to rinse it, it cools my scalp nicely, but besides that i see no other effects.
    My hair is VERY greasy, and when i wash it it cant last for a day and again it is like i soaked it in oil. Some advice here!!!
    Hi Lucy, if I were you I'd look through the forum for threads that discuss the oily hair problem, I saw one recently.