Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite hairtoy?

Length
    CL/CL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: What's your favorite hairtoy?

My flexi-8
    ~Renegray Gang Member~

Length
    25,6/29,7/32
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I broke my favorite hairtoy some years ago. It was a beautiful twisted hairstick in dark wood, with a cobra head on the end, not visible unless you are looking. I managed to snap it Some time after I cut my hair shorter, so I haven't been able to use hairsticks much anyway. Now I am looking for a new favorite

Length
    Short/35/Long
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

A Keytlo stick, every time.

Length
    CBL/Waist/Hip+
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Ficcare Maximas Ice Silver. It's beautiful, it hold my hair very well and it goes with everything!

*I thought it might be fun to revive this old thread*
    Current lenght: 83cm/ almost 33" ~ may 19 2018 ~ Made it to waistlength!

Length
    pixie/Calf/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Glad you revived it, fun to see what others say. Mine's a CMW 4-prong fork. Wish it went with everything!

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    bobby pins
    Ha ha, I haven't changed since 2008 Now I would add spin pins and U-shaped pins too. Since I'd need to choose one, it would probably be spin pins.
    Last edited by Arctic; May 2nd, 2017 at 02:33 PM.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

My very first 'beforetheeye' (previously 'antleradornments') carved ROSE hair fork; it was my very first Etsy hair toy.
    I love Lauren's creations....have added more pieces to my collection over the years .....and recently placed a custom order
    It is my FAVORITE Etsy shop hands down

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

My favourite toy to look at would be my obnoxiously large antler (see ava) ... but my favourite to wear would have to be my large hammered silver maximas. I wear this thing almost every day as it's plain enough to go with everything, it holds buns up spectacularly well, distributes the weight of my bun across my head so comfortably that my scalp doesn't ever hurt, and because there's no enamel on it, I don't have to worry about scratching or being too rough with it.

Carys-Kitteh's Servant AZDesertRose's Avatar
    Length
    SL/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

My favorite in terms of the one I think is prettiest is my "Lucrezia Borgia" two-prong fork from Ravenslair's (sadly apparently permanently closed) Etsy shop. Here it is in my hair in a cinnabun, shortly after I bought it. The photo doesn't show it very well, but the outer ring of the jewel has little faux diamonds in it.

My favorite in terms of the one I use most often is the 5" Artemis from the same shop; it's just a two-prong silver-tone aircraft aluminum fork, but it's lightweight and extremely strong and will hold almost any bun I've tried, and being plain and silver-tone, it goes with pretty much my entire wardrobe.

Lately, it's been a lot of low ponytails held by scrunchies, but that's because my physical health has been icky and left me with no energy for doing anything interesting with my hair. My digestive tract really needs to straighten up and fly right.
    Last edited by AZDesertRose; May 2nd, 2017 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Edited to clarify the type of hair toy in the first paragraph
    Not quite APL -> APL -> BSL -> Mid-Back with compact-cut layers and holding a while-> ???

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

My favorite toy to look at and to wear is my aquamarine colored Mermaid's tail. Other than that I do not have one I grab more than the others, as I rotate through the collection pretty often. I do choose three prong forks more often than others. But if I had to choose only one it would be something I could wear with anything, My frosted two prong acrylic fork. But believe me, as soon as I got to where i was going I would be looking for materials to start a new collection, and then I would be creating again, even if only wood twigs.
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.